[EVENT] Sleepwear

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
whoviandragon
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Sleepwear quest

Post by whoviandragon »

I remember what it was like pre-Seniors and Teens. True, we might have been lacking two major lifestages at the time, but it was a simple enough game that you weren't stressing over when you needed to log back on. But of course, nearly everyone wanted those other ages. I'm not blaming people wanting full lifestages, the game would feel incomplete then, but it's because EA and Firemonkeys had to add death the very next update, which gave us little time to enjoy having all ages.
It's been downhill since then with long, impossible quests, with ridiculous amounts of money needed. The more recent ones have these time-limited quests which stress us out with the time and money needed to complete, or places to build that, once again, have ridiculously high prices and wait times.
What we need is a more relaxed update. Something simple, maybe more furniture, but no insane quests to get whatever it is. What happened to them just adding stuff without having to take our time and money to achieve lackluster prizes?
I agree whole souled that the prices have gotten far too high to build our own buildings for fun. While they are more 'realistic', they're even higher than real life costs, especially for flooring and wallcovering! Sims 'Freeplay' has gotten away from an escape of real life, to a harsher alternate reality. And why are stairs so much money? One million Simoleons for the coolest set?!

I had the game for a short time about two years ago, but had to delete it a short time later because of a self-caused space issue, and then was really mad it didn't save my progress (first time with a tablet, didn't know how that worked) so i had deleted it until October 2013, mid-Golf Course quest. I don't remember much about the game pre-Halloween 2013, but i do know it wasn't this ridiculous.

Rant over. Working on third pajama set, and the time limit is stressing me out!
INACTIVE ACCOUNT! ANY NEW POSTS AFTER 2/6/2020 ARE NOT FROM ME!

Hobby items across from Police Station!
Don't update anymore.

Courage cannot erase our fear. Courage is when we face our fears. - Davey Jacobs, Newsies
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

In fairness to EA, prices on some things have significantly decreased (remember how much extra floors and firepoles used to cost!). The introduction of 'Discovery Quests' (I think they're called?) means we can save some of the longer quests for when we have time (I still haven't started the magic or dancing ones yet) and things like the Cooking hobby are a great way to earn LP.

I am also thankful that they keep adding new stuff to the game; new locations and hobbies, new clothes and so on. Even little things like adding options for the vending machines.

Yes, some things are overly expensive - I can't ever imagine buying that Chinese New Year costume or a non-magical Unicorn at their current prices for example, but perhaps there will be a sale on at some point in the future.

Too much stuff is preferable to too little IMO.
Simsational
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simsational »

Noodle doodle wrote:This has been another boring over and over again quest for the sleepwear.
I've used about 80 precious LPs trying to finally get these outfits as I can't spend every day on the iPad...it's totally unreasonable.
What with still attempting to save my sims with Platinum Orbs, I never get a chance to actually *play* the game, as I am constantly grinding away to get to the end. Then a lot of the time they age up and are useless seniors, so now I have an Aging population of seniors who are useless as their hobbies are crappy...why can't a senior dressmake, woodwork, or skate, or cast darn spells, or even ghost-hunt? It's ridiculous...I'm classed as a senior, and I can do all of the youngsters hobbies - no sweat, so why must they resort to fishing, cooking or flipping bird feeding, or quilting! Aaaaaargh! I'm fed up with this limitation nonsense!
I use d to love to create nice homes and enjoyed designing the gardens etc, but now don't get to do that anymore. My little guys are like hamsters on a wheel - going nowhere fast!
Freeplay! The clue is in the name, but it's not free at all... :twisted:
Greed play would be a more fitting name! If you want stuff you have to pay for it With LPs or $'s, or pay with emotional tears of frustration.
Rant over...sorry guys
Noodles x :|
Noodles, I agree with all of that. That's what prompted me to modify my avatar a year ago. ;)
Level 55 - Newest Update | HFN at 3 West Oceanside - LOADED (no ghosts) | Fireworks, Inc.
5 Haunted Houses (many ghosts) | 2 Potion Brewing Cauldrons @ 1 Firehouse Rd next to CC
regis
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by regis »

And is it me or over the time it's getting harder and harder to gel LP from the hobbies? For example in the Teen Idol hobby I had to play each instrument 3-4 times, now is about 10 times for each!!!
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

regis wrote:And is it me or over the time it's getting harder and harder to gel LP from the hobbies? For example in the Teen Idol hobby I had to play each instrument 3-4 times, now is about 10 times for each!!!
Yes! The endless hobby grids are what has made the updates so boring lately. Also, could we please have the four minute hobby times back on those that originally had them?
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

well, I've encountered a glitch which may potentially prohibit me from unlocking all 5 sets of sleepwear...

I've just completed the 3rd set of modelling pose, instead of prompting me to complete the 4th set, the game now tells me to complete the 5th set... have submit a ticket to firemonkeys, let's see what they will be replying...
Noodle doodle
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Noodle doodle »

Simsational wrote:
Noodle doodle wrote:This has been another boring over and over again quest for the sleepwear.
I've used about 80 precious LPs trying to finally get these outfits as I can't spend every day on the iPad...it's totally unreasonable.
What with still attempting to save my sims with Platinum Orbs, I never get a chance to actually *play* the game, as I am constantly grinding away to get to the end. Then a lot of the time they age up and are useless seniors, so now I have an Aging population of seniors who are useless as their hobbies are crappy...why can't a senior dressmake, woodwork, or skate, or cast darn spells, or even ghost-hunt? It's ridiculous...I'm classed as a senior, and I can do all of the youngsters hobbies - no sweat, so why must they resort to fishing, cooking or flipping bird feeding, or quilting! Aaaaaargh! I'm fed up with this limitation nonsense!
I use d to love to create nice homes and enjoyed designing the gardens etc, but now don't get to do that anymore. My little guys are like hamsters on a wheel - going nowhere fast!
Freeplay! The clue is in the name, but it's not free at all... :twisted:
Greed play would be a more fitting name! If you want stuff you have to pay for it With LPs or $'s, or pay with emotional tears of frustration.
Rant over...sorry guys
Noodles x :|
Noodles, I agree with all of that. That's what prompted me to modify my avatar a year ago. ;)
Hey, Simsational...love that Avatar..hadn't noticed it before now! How appropriate! :lol:
Cheers, Noodles x ;)
“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.”
"We make plans and God laughs" .... :lol:
Lenny
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lenny »

I wholeheartedly agree with you. Thats not the game I started playing anymore. If I wouldn't love my sims so much I probably had stopped by now. What I find most annying is that any new hobby has a diffrent lenght. It makes handling the game really difficult if you happen to have a real life and suually only go once a day to the game. I don't mind the occasional quest to unlock new stuff but we should be able to actually finish it.
Facebook: Nevasa Simm (please PM me on this board, if you want me to add you as a friend, I'm not using facebook Messenger on a regular basis)
Hounted House: 1 Diver's Way
HNF/Rendeer Farm: 3 Firehouse Road
Version: Christmas in London
Simmer1986
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Simmer1986 »

I have two more poses to get and I've completed the quest without using any LPs, it can be done so be patient :-)
MimLady
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by MimLady »

Wow Simmer1986 I'm impressed you've managed to get the quest done without LP! I haven't had as much time during the days as I'd hoped to visit my game, so started to use 1LP whenever the hobby time drops below 2 hours to speed things along. But of course that's not possible at night. There just doesn't seem to be much "spare" time built into this quest.