Great Outdoors Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Re: Great Outdoors Update - Changes

Post by DelDel »

From what I remember it's been like that for a while now with the grills.
Smootie_Pops
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Smootie_Pops »

kls1st wrote:I just noticed that the Latin BBQ is now the only three star grill in the game. I put it at my HFN. The pulled pork takes 15h54m vs 17+.
I've never known it to be any other way, which I don't understand when it comes the selection of grills.
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by kls1st »

I remember the wooden grills as being three star. Brain fart? :roll: The time of them hasn't changed but the Latin one is shorter by a couple hours. Thats a good thing. :)
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

Lishws720 wrote:Sorry I didn't take a picture of it, but I got a new weekly task: Toss and turn in a sleeping bag. New because we haven't had sleeping bags available before this update. Out of curiosity I watched my sim as she crawled into the bag to see if she really would toss and turn, but she settled right down to sleep.
I got a new weekly task today too........Toast marshmallows on the campfire.
I have no idea if it will work on the home campfire as I've not finished the storyteller quest yet.
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by DelDel »

bluebeariscool wrote:
Lishws720 wrote:Sorry I didn't take a picture of it, but I got a new weekly task: Toss and turn in a sleeping bag. New because we haven't had sleeping bags available before this update. Out of curiosity I watched my sim as she crawled into the bag to see if she really would toss and turn, but she settled right down to sleep.
I got a new weekly task today too........Toast marshmallows on the campfire.
I have no idea if it will work on the home campfire as I've not finished the storyteller quest yet.
I too received a new weekly goal: feed the birds at the campground. It nice to have some new ones mixed in.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

bluebeariscool wrote: I got a new weekly task today too........Toast marshmallows on the campfire.
Would have been nice, but it doesn't count for the weekly task :(

There have been some more new weekly goals in my game.
My sims had to test the depth and take a selfie at the lookout, explore the campgrounds, toast marshmallows, and right now Emma has to plan a trip at the campgrounds.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by DelDel »

ErinPW wrote:
bluebeariscool wrote: I got a new weekly task today too........Toast marshmallows on the campfire.
Would have been nice, but it doesn't count for the weekly task :(

There have been some more new weekly goals in my game.
My sims had to test the depth and take a selfie at the lookout, explore the campgrounds, toast marshmallows, and right now Emma has to plan a trip at the campgrounds.
That seems odd to me...if the goal says toast marshmallows on the campfire, why wouldn't it work at home? It doesn't say toast marshmallows at the campground. We have that option available to us at home with the new campfire.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

DelDel wrote:
That seems odd to me...if the goal says toast marshmallows on the campfire, why wouldn't it work at home? It doesn't say toast marshmallows at the campground. We have that option available to us at home with the new campfire.
I'm pretty sure, in my game it did say campground. Possibly I didn't read propperly :? But it's also possible that there are two different goals . Nevertheless, as it's a short task, I tried it at a home first and that didn't work.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Lishws720
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lishws720 »

Another new one--get a survivalist badge (sorry, can't remember the exact wording). I created a new sim for this task because my other newbie is working on the storytelling.
AliciaWS720 on Game Center: §418 mil town value, VIP 10, level 55. Started as a new game during the DIY update. Special thanks to all of you very creative people on this forum for inspiration in designing houses!

My game is fully updated on iOS.
Smootie_Pops
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Smootie_Pops »

The teleporters are temporarily unlocked and all stairs are 50% off!!!