Post by DelDel »

You're welcome LovemySims!
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Survivalist Hobby

Post by penlopej »

DelDel wrote:
LovemySims wrote:To be honest I'm getting sick of these hobbies as it keeps giving me the same badge every time, especially on this Survivalist thing, I've been playing it for 3 days and I've only got three badges, it's a joke, we've all got better things to do with our time than keep trying to chase these elusive rewards all the time, they should make sure we get a new medal every time so we can complete the grid then they can faff about after that.
This Survivalist hobby is making me sick. One of the worst hobbies ever. Along with the cat show thing and that jester one. Yuck.

Can you tell I'm not happy, ha ha.
Yikes! It sounds like you just happened to get a bad grid. I was able to fill it in without LP. By the time my sim reached level 6 I only needed the last 2 medals. To get the last 2 medals faster, I had a second sim go to a neighbor's town to do the hobby.

Do you have a second sim working on the hobby in a neighbor's town? If not, it would definitely help...just a thought :)
What a great idea. I used a neighbours town for the sleepwear task. Have just sent a sim to a neighbours town so that should reduce the time needed to complete. Thanks
MimLady
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by MimLady »

I'm having the same problem as LovemySims in that it is taking an eternity to get the survivalist grid done. I do use LP to speed up these quests if I want the time-limited reward but decided I wasn't overly bothered to have the picnic basket. Just as well because I ran out of time and 3 days later my poor survivalist is still slogging away to get that last medal (the couple of neighbours I have do not have games advanced enough to be any help and I don't really like resetting my game). Arg! It is so boring to tap that bubble and get a medal I already have! I keep having my other sims on short tasks so I can start the clean up as soon as I have that final medal but I'm thinking the day will never come!
Smootie_Pops
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Smootie_Pops »

I too had the same problem with getting the same tiles . Boring is right...redundant tapping only to get the same medals.
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by DelDel »

penlopej wrote:
DelDel wrote:
LovemySims wrote:To be honest I'm getting sick of these hobbies as it keeps giving me the same badge every time, especially on this Survivalist thing, I've been playing it for 3 days and I've only got three badges, it's a joke, we've all got better things to do with our time than keep trying to chase these elusive rewards all the time, they should make sure we get a new medal every time so we can complete the grid then they can faff about after that.
This Survivalist hobby is making me sick. One of the worst hobbies ever. Along with the cat show thing and that jester one. Yuck.

Yikes! It sounds like you just happened to get a bad grid. I was able to fill it in without LP. By the time my sim reached level 6 I only needed the last 2 medals. To get the last 2 medals faster, I had a second sim go to a neighbor's town to do the hobby.

Do you have a second sim working on the hobby in a neighbor's town? If not, it would definitely help...just a thought :)
What a great idea. I used a neighbours town for the sleepwear task. Have just sent a sim to a neighbours town so that should reduce the time needed to complete. Thanks
You are so very welcome!
MimLady
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by MimLady »

Typically, as soon as I get a nice new neighbour with a campground, and start a second sim off on the survivalist hobby, my original sim gets the final medal I needed! Must have taken a good 11 days from the start though. Then I was so eager to get on to earning those tents that I fogot the bridge needed to be repaired before I could start a clean-up. Patience! Patience! I will have to clean my real life house while I'm waiting.
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by DelDel »

MimLady wrote:Typically, as soon as I get a nice new neighbour with a campground, and start a second sim off on the survivalist hobby, my original sim gets the final medal I needed! Must have taken a good 11 days from the start though. Then I was so eager to get on to earning those tents that I fogot the bridge needed to be repaired before I could start a clean-up. Patience! Patience! I will have to clean my real life house while I'm waiting.
Yes but even worse than the bridge repair is the "landfill" that needs to be cleaned up before you can start the hobby :? I loathe the garbage clean up
Simmer1986
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Simmer1986 »

I just have 1 more badge to get with about 3 days remaining for the time limited prize, i did panic near the start so used 40 odd LPs to get a good chance of getting the picnic basket.
Elektra Mozart
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Elektra Mozart »

I am doing the hobby with 2 sims (one in the neighbours town) for two weeks now! And by using lp's I slowly managed to get only to level 6 and now I am constantly (for two days) getting same awards all the time. It's frustrating, I think I will let it go and I simply won't have the campsite... :/ Kr nekaj... :/
:D
[WindowsPhone GT] ElektraMozart
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Just a warning ....There will be weekly goals t the campground you won't ve avle to do.