Baby Steps Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
+.jana.+
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Baby Steps Update - Changes

Post by +.jana.+ »

So, it seems that the last update re-enabled the sound notifications perhaps? If I ever had them (which I honestly cannot recall), I must have disabled that on day 1 of using the app, because for my history of playing, I am not used to hear them. So you can imagine that it nearly scared me - night, all is silent, and out of the blue, a Sim is calling me somewhere from the sofa :D
👉 GC ID: +.jana.+ (mention Sims in requests)
🏡 House for neighbors: Left bottom corner of town - house with fireworks
👻 Haunted house: Mystery island, at Riches of Terra monument
💰 Monuments bonus: 410XP/$465 +102% chance; Goddess fully upgraded
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by DelDel »

+.jana.+ wrote:So, it seems that the last update re-enabled the sound notifications perhaps? If I ever had them (which I honestly cannot recall), I must have disabled that on day 1 of using the app, because for my history of playing, I am not used to hear them. So you can imagine that it nearly scared me - night, all is silent, and out of the blue, a Sim is calling me somewhere from the sofa :D
That's funny!

I've always had them. For the first couple years when I played on Android I had them. Then when I started playing on my iPad over a year ago, I had them. They've never gone away for me.
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by DelDel »

ErinPW wrote:
Lavenderwitch519 wrote:
bluebeariscool wrote:I don't know if this is a change or not but when I visit a neighbours town since the update I find myself in the mall?? I've double checked today with 3 neighbours and when I visit I always end up in the mall. New to me
I just noticed that today it happened to me. I've not yet updated but the neighbors town I visited has updated.
We can't visit updated towns, if we haven't updated by ourselves. It only works the other way arround.

The landing at the mall happend a while ago in my game. Thought, it had been fixed.
It's definitely a change to be able to visit updated neighbors if you haven't updated. It gives you a chance to try out the new content without having to deal with the countless bugs in this update! :D

Hope you took the time to enjoy your neighbor's infants! ;)
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

DelDel wrote:[...]
It's definitely a change to be able to visit updated neighbors if you haven't updated. It gives you a chance to try out the new content without having to deal with the countless bugs in this update! :D

I didn't know this, as I didn't try to visit before downloading the update, and it's not mentioned at the opening post, yet.
Thanks for the heads up!
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

ErinPW wrote:

I didn't know this, as I didn't try to visit before downloading the update, and it's not mentioned at the opening post, yet.
Thanks for the heads up!
I'm still on Great Outdoors with my main game (iPad) and I tried to visit you, Erin. I got the standard message about my neighbor's town being from a more recent version of the Sims FreePlay and I would need to update if I wanted to visit you.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by DelDel »

ErinPW wrote:

Thanks for the heads up!
Oh I think you misunderstood...I was referring to Lavenderwitch's post. She said she was able to do it. I was just saying that the her ability to do that is a "change" to the game. It gave Lavenderwitch the chance to try out the new content without updating.
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by DelDel »

mockingbird288z wrote:
ErinPW wrote:

Thanks for the heads up!
I'm still on Great Outdoors with my main game (iPad) and I tried to visit you, Erin. I got the standard message about my neighbor's town being from a more recent version of the Sims FreePlay and I would need to update if I wanted to visit you.
If nothing else, this update has proven that while we are all playing the same game, all our games are different. There are so many bugs and glitches happening, and so many of us are having different experiences. So, until Lavenderwitch tells us differently, I have no reason not to believe what she posted. :)
shamrock
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by shamrock »

Mhgil wrote: Another quirky thing that happens when the tasks stop, the cat at the teen idol house keeps getting stuck on the bar platform in the middle of the pool. Have to send him to Pet Park, then back home as there's no other way for him to get off.
You might try freezing the pool instead. The cat should be able to leave the platform then.
Romance Update | Android | lvl 55
Played since the Carnival Update

Goodbye
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

DelDel wrote:
ErinPW wrote:

Thanks for the heads up!
Oh I think you misunderstood...I was referring to Lavenderwitch's post. She said she was able to do it. I was just saying that the her ability to do that is a "change" to the game. It gave Lavenderwitch the chance to try out the new content without updating.
Oh sorry, I didn't recognize this, as you had quoted my post here.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Lavenderwitch519
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lavenderwitch519 »

I'm sorry, my mistake, apparently it's not changed. You still can't visit a neighbors town if they've updated & you haven't. I visited mockingbirds town, I knew she'd updated, didn't know she played on more than 1 device so obviously I visited the town that's not updated. I thought I'd discovered something new. :cry: when I went to her town I did end up at the mall though which has never happened before. Weird.
level 55
Holiday update
A pinch of cute & a handful of crazy! :mrgreen: