Baby Steps Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mockingbird288z

Re: Baby Steps Update - Changes

Post by mockingbird288z »

Qendresa wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:People starting a new game now have to build the Salon. It no longer comes pre-built like it has since it was added in the Salon update.
salon.jpg
Can i build this salon ? Does this works only for those who play the sims from now on?
People only have to build it if they started playing on the Baby Steps update. If you started playing the game before the current update it should automatically be built in your town. It is the building across from the Park and next to the Pet Shop.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Qendresa
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Qendresa »

mockingbird288z wrote:
Qendresa wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:People starting a new game now have to build the Salon. It no longer comes pre-built like it has since it was added in the Salon update.
salon.jpg
Can i build this salon ? Does this works only for those who play the sims from now on?
People only have to build it if they started playing on the Baby Steps update. If you started playing the game before the current update it should automatically be built in your town. It is the building across from the Park and next to the Pet Shop.
I'm level 28 I'm playing for a long time but that salon does not appear at my game.
Qëndresa Selimi
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Qendresa wrote:I'm level 28 I'm playing for a long time but that salon does not appear at my game.
That's very strange, you should have had it. My last testgame was started on DIY update and has it. Are you maybe confusing it with the Costumes store (across the river)? If not, time to file a bug report!
20150807_Salon_Costumes.jpg
Qendresa
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Qendresa »

Perturbee wrote:
Qendresa wrote:I'm level 28 I'm playing for a long time but that salon does not appear at my game.
That's very strange, you should have had it. My last testgame was started on DIY update and has it. Are you maybe confusing it with the Costumes store (across the river)? If not, time to file a bug report!
20150807_Salon_Costumes.jpg
Oh this salon ,I built it a long time ago I think this salon is not a new thing I thought there was any other salon I apologise.
Qëndresa Selimi
mockingbird288z

Qendresa wrote: Oh this salon ,I built it a long time ago I think this salon is not a new thing I thought there was any other salon I apologise.
The Salon itself is not new, it has been in the game since the Salon update in August 2012. What is new is having to build it. Previously it was already built when someone started a new game. A freebie, if you will. Now new players will have to build it to be able to access the items in it.
mockingbird288z

Carla told me about this last week but I forgot about it. The extra tab in inventory where the Dance Drop machine from the arcade went after it was removed from the home store is gone now. It was a glitch that some people were able to get it last year and now we don't even get to keep the ones we had in our inventory. If you have any in your town don't put them in your inventory!! They will be gone for good!
image.jpg
(The other items in that extra tab are odd, they appeared there while on the DIY update, I think. Those items are availble in their regular tabs but these had the names of different items.)
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

mockingbird288z wrote:Carla told me about this last week but I forgot about it. The extra tab in inventory where the Dance Drop machine from the arcade went after it was removed from the home store is gone now. It was a glitch that some people were able to get it last year and now we don't even get to keep the ones we had in our inventory. If you have any in your town don't put them in your inventory!! They will be gone for good!

[attachment]
(The other items in that extra tab are odd, they appeared there while on the DIY update, I think. Those items are availble in their regular tabs but these had the names of different items.)
I never had that extra tab, so the dance machines have been put into the electronic tab of my inventory. They are still there. It's mean, that they have been taken away from games which had the extra tab :(

Yesterday I realized that the up- and downstairs button at the mall has gone again. Players who want to build the Pickle Sauce or the Juice Bar have to tap a bench at the upper floor in order to see the "Build" button.

Mentioned at the Firemonkeys Top Issues site:
Upper level in the mall is not visible

After updating you may be unable to view Pickle Sauce or the Juice Bar.

In order to correct this, simply tap on one of the benches located on
The upper level is visible. You wouldn't be able to tap an upstairs located bench, if it was not.
Attachments
Mall groundfloor 1
Mall groundfloor 1
Mall groundfloor 2
Mall groundfloor 2
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
+.jana.+
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by +.jana.+ »

Do I remember this incorrectly, or the Spanish Villa was available also for the smaller lots and is not available anymore?

I (quite vaguely) recall that there were two variants of Spanish Villa, the smaller would be without the pool and the garden house. I never built the small one, but it was mentioned in various Villa bug discussions, that the bug (inability to use objects in the Villa) affects villas on the premium lots only.

Was the small lot Villa removed from the house building options? Or it has never been there - ?
👉 GC ID: +.jana.+ (mention Sims in requests)
🏡 House for neighbors: Left bottom corner of town - house with fireworks
👻 Haunted house: Mystery island, at Riches of Terra monument
💰 Monuments bonus: 410XP/$465 +102% chance; Goddess fully upgraded
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

+.jana.+ wrote:Do I remember this incorrectly, or the Spanish Villa was available also for the smaller lots and is not available anymore?

I (quite vaguely) recall that there were two variants of Spanish Villa, the smaller would be without the pool and the garden house. I never built the small one, but it was mentioned in various Villa bug discussions, that the bug (inability to use objects in the Villa) affects villas on the premium lots only.

Was the small lot Villa removed from the house building options? Or it has never been there - ?
The Spanish Villa was indeed available on standard lots. When FM removed the small ones from the building options, the big ones appeared to be buggy.
I think, this happened at the Dream Homes update, and the bug has been fixed at Great Outdoors.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
+.jana.+
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by +.jana.+ »

ErinPW wrote:
+.jana.+ wrote:Do I remember this incorrectly, or the Spanish Villa was available also for the smaller lots and is not available anymore?

The Spanish Villa was indeed available on standard lots. When FM removed the small ones from the building options, the big ones appeared to be buggy.
I think, this happened at the Dream Homes update, and the bug has been fixed at Great Outdoors.
Oh ok - thanks Erin. I haven't noticed that it was missing already in the previous update :)
👉 GC ID: +.jana.+ (mention Sims in requests)
🏡 House for neighbors: Left bottom corner of town - house with fireworks
👻 Haunted house: Mystery island, at Riches of Terra monument
💰 Monuments bonus: 410XP/$465 +102% chance; Goddess fully upgraded