Baby Steps update: Adopting an infant

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
indigoace
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Baby Steps update: Adopting an infant

Post by indigoace »

The Nanny has left my town, and I still can't adopt, so she wasn't blocking adoptions. :( I haven't tried adopting older children yet.
JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by JKCher »

I tried adopting an infant just before the update and I was unable to do so. I just ended up deleting my baby and making another one with family who was trying to adopt.
indigoace
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by indigoace »

Okay, toddler adoptions are unaffected, although my toddler temporarily disappeared while she was being asked to be adopted. (She reappeared after the adoption was completed.)
simfu
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by simfu »

So no one has been able to adopt infants in this update so far? This has left me stuck..
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by DelDel »

simfu wrote:So no one has been able to adopt infants in this update so far? This has left me stuck..
No. I haven't been able to make it work, and I haven't seen anyone post that they've been able to do it.
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by DelDel »

simfu wrote:So no one has been able to adopt infants in this update so far? This has left me stuck..
I just noticed that "Glitch won't let you adopt an orphan baby" has been added to the list in the opening post here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3169#p39846

So this just confirms my previous response to you that it's not currently possible to adopt infants. :)
JanelleM
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by JanelleM »

xjuelx wrote:I hope they fix this. I have four babies left over from the baby glitch at one house and now that they're actually interesting to interact with I'd like to put them all with separate families.
This! I NEVER cared nor had any babies in the town until now, redid the glitch before updating. If I had known I would have set them up in their familes beforehand because I'm sure this will never be fixed - just like the party boat.
+.jana.+
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by +.jana.+ »

So got a response from Firemonkeys!

And yes, I could not resist and asked also about the FB bug... well... I hope we can trust that promise :D
Hi Jana,

Thank you for writing in Firemonkeys Support.

I understand that you are unable to Adopt a Baby after the recent update in the game. I had a word with one of higher support team member and would like to share with you that the "adopt" button for babies who are "good friends" with an adult no longer functions in the game. I'll be sure to pass your Feedback to our game team.

Regarding the issue of unable to connect with Friends on Facebook, this issue will be resolved in a future update. At this time it is a matter of waiting.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Let us know if you have any other feedback, or need a hand in the future. Many thanks!

Regards,
👉 GC ID: +.jana.+ (mention Sims in requests)
🏡 House for neighbors: Left bottom corner of town - house with fireworks
👻 Haunted house: Mystery island, at Riches of Terra monument
💰 Monuments bonus: 410XP/$465 +102% chance; Goddess fully upgraded
simfu
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by simfu »

Thank you +.jana.+. I wish that they would confirm that the adoption issue will be resolved in a future update.
Microdot
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Microdot »

Just to let everyone know I've just been able to adobt an infant.
I've updated to latest version 5.15.2 on IOS today.
An adult sister was able to adopt an infant after they became good friends, they are now mom and daughter :D.

Edit: Just did the same thing on Android.
An adult with no relations to the infant was able do adobt.

In both cases the sims were housemates, I don't know yet if that will mean anything.
Game #1: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Gamecenter
HFN=Starter House, GH=Museum Boulevard
Game #2: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Facebook & Google+
HFN=Starter House, GH=Firehouse Road
Contact information in my profile - Mention forum please