Musical Expression Hobby

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Madlyaddicted
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Musical Expression Hobby

Post by Madlyaddicted »

There's no way I'm going to complete the grid in the next 28 hours before it ends. I have 4 left to get. I've already had to spend my last lp to reset the baby years. I hate these timed hobby events with a passion. In fact I hate all of them where you can't unlock something or get something until you complete a grid. You do the same repetitive thing for days - months for my jester and archery ones so then you never want to do them ever again.
alsie27
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alsie27 »

This was clearly impossible from the beginning. I've had my baby repeat the task three times a day which is the maximum amount you can do without skipping but now I have four left to go and less than 24 hours. The baby hasn't even made it to level 6 yet. I had to reset her age too. In the meantime Sims that are cooking 1 minute meals have reached level six in like a day. At least the cooks have made lots of LP so better start skipping...
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

Madlyaddicted wrote:There's no way I'm going to complete the grid in the next 28 hours before it ends. I have 4 left to get. I've already had to spend my last lp to reset the baby years. I hate these timed hobby events with a passion. In fact I hate all of them where you can't unlock something or get something until you complete a grid. You do the same repetitive thing for days - months for my jester and archery ones so then you never want to do them ever again.
This is so true, I am really loathing this ridiculous hobby, I wouldn't mind if they didn't keep deliberately giving us the same medal over and over so it's impossible to fill their stupid grid without using LP.....when these timed events are on it should be easy to fill the grid. I only have 2 days left on it now and am never ever going to fill the grid in time....I'm not very happy and I am frustrated as hell at it.

It makes me lose interest in their game when this happens :evil:
Bongi
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Bongi »

Has anyone noticed if the infants are more likely to hit an un-discovered music piece if they're fully inspired? It was probably a coincidence, but I finally got that last song after having just given my infant a 15 minute nap. (You can top off the infant's sleep meter by interrupting one of the longer resting options.)

Like everyone else, I used a ton of LP to complete this hobby the first time. When beginning it, I "rolled" once for each level, (so I started out with 4 revealed songs), which made it seem less tedious ... (After those first spins though, I used my LP to shave time off of my infant's play time.)

This hobby absolutely ranks up there in that annoying "can't possibly finish this in the allocated time" feeling though.
Zellybeanie
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Zellybeanie »

Ugh. I've been using LP when it's just under three hours. Even with three days left it's a tough, loathsome hobby.
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by DelDel »

Bongi wrote:Has anyone noticed if the infants are more likely to hit an un-discovered music piece if they're fully inspired? It was probably a coincidence, but I finally got that last song after having just given my infant a 15 minute nap. (You can top off the infant's sleep meter by interrupting one of the longer resting options.)

Like everyone else, I used a ton of LP to complete this hobby the first time. When beginning it, I "rolled" once for each level, (so I started out with 4 revealed songs), which made it seem less tedious ... (After those first spins though, I used my LP to shave time off of my infant's play time.)

This hobby absolutely ranks up there in that annoying "can't possibly finish this in the allocated time" feeling though.
Unfortunately whether or not your baby, or any sim for that matter, is inspired has absolutely no effect on which medal you receive. What you get, is what you would have gotten no matter if your baby is inspired or not. :)
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by mommacude »

I'm afraid to start the quest. I need to get enough LP first. I used a bunch spinning for SP to build my Villa
GC: mommacude
Checking things out after a long time away.
diananadine
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by diananadine »

I used over a hundred lps and it still took me all7 days to complete this hobby. Honestly I don't know how anyone could complete this without using lps. Its ridiculous especially if getting lps is hard
SusiQ
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by SusiQ »

I too loathe the timed hobbies/events. This one was the worst one yet. I had one medal left to get, two + days to go and ended up spending an extra 24 LP's to finish, in addition to the ~40 I used to finish the task early. Glad it's over.
HFN: 2 Firehouse Road (has oven fire), Firepole and pets
Haunted House: 3 Firehouse Road
Firepole: 10 Westside
Happy Simming!
Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Rosie »

I have not filled the musical grid one time yet. I began the hobby atleast 2 weeks ago I think. I am not feeding or letting my 3 babies nap. Maybe I should try that. What is wrong with the people running Sims?