Looking Ahead: Can Baby Steps Be Topped?

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Looking Ahead: Can Baby Steps Be Topped?

Post by DelDel »

Yes, I realize that Baby steps is brand new and fresh as a newborn baby. ;)

But...I was thinking today, what could the next update possibly be? I mean in my opinion this update is the best we've had in a long time. It's amazing!

Do you think Baby Steps can be topped? What could they do in the next update that would even come close to this one?! Our babies are out of their cribs, and a real part of the game now.

So, what do you think the next update will be? Do you think it can top Baby Steps? :D
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Looking Ahead: Can Baby Steps Be Topped?

Post by telemwill »

My favorite update so far is still the DIY update. I do love this one, but it was a bit marred for me because of the bugs. So fixing the bugs would be great!

I would like a simple update that does not involve any new hobbies and filling in endless grids. One that offered recolors of even our current furnishings would be lovely. It can be so difficult to match items. For example, take the green kitchen counter set. Imagine being able to tap on that and getting a selection of possible colors. You could then tap on the color you want.

I would also like better sleepwear options. For some age groups, there is no summer sleepwear. I also would like to be able to remove it altogether as you can other items. Some costumes should be available as sleepwear too.

Also isn't it time death was made optional from the beginning. No platinum orbs should be needed. Just hit the pause button to create immortal Sims.

A real overhaul of personalities is needed. A Sim should be able to have a personality without having an orb and a life dream. Each personality type should have it's own special actions. The Sims should be able to earn more if they are in a job that fits their personality, and progress quickly in hobbies that match their personality as well. And we need more choices. Not just those that lend themselves to a community area. I really liked the bookworm personality we used to have.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

I'm doing the hobby with one of my orphan babies because I hate having anything unlocked but I have no plan for him after that (very sad for him). I'm suffering from toddler burnout right now and at a bit of a low point in my interest level in general--otherwise I would probably be more excited for the latest changes.
I agree with telemwill..DIY was my favourite and I'd like to see more personalities. Orbs are okay with me as long as they aren't currency for opening content. Did we used to have a spiritual personality? I have a few sims that would fall into that one...
Updated town info in profile
SheilaB
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SheilaB »

telemwill wrote:My favorite update so far is still the DIY update. I do love this one, but it was a bit marred for me because of the bugs. So fixing the bugs would be great!

I would like a simple update that does not involve any new hobbies and filling in endless grids. One that offered recolors of even our current furnishings would be lovely. It can be so difficult to match items. For example, take the green kitchen counter set. Imagine being able to tap on that and getting a selection of possible colors. You could then tap on the color you want.

I would also like better sleepwear options. For some age groups, there is no summer sleepwear. I also would like to be able to remove it altogether as you can other items. Some costumes should be available as sleepwear too.

Also isn't it time death was made optional from the beginning. No platinum orbs should be needed. Just hit the pause button to create immortal Sims.

A real overhaul of personalities is needed. A Sim should be able to have a personality without having an orb and a life dream. Each personality type should have it's own special actions. The Sims should be able to earn more if they are in a job that fits their personality, and progress quickly in hobbies that match their personality as well. And we need more choices. Not just those that lend themselves to a community area. I really liked the bookworm personality we used to have.

I second all that.
whoviandragon
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by whoviandragon »

I haven't been able to explore this update much since I don't have a baby in town yet. But I agree with telemwill and Debbilu_7, DIY update is my favorite. Mostly because my favorite changes were instant and didn't require unlocking, ie. 1×2 minium rooms, Hallway house.
While Baby Steps is a great and much needed update, I still think they're adding too much content per update. I mean, a lot of you just finished things with the campground and then, for those of you who missed Long Hairs previously you had that Time-limited event as well, and then BOOM Baby update came sorta out of nowhere. (I know it was according to schedule and all, but I was taken by surprise, as were some others.)
It kinda feels like they're trying to make up for the Death update last year, and maybe trying to finally listen to us about what WE want in the game. How long had we been asking for smaller rooms? Or more things for babies? What about a way to decide when we want to do a quest?
I'm not trying to say "Hey, these guys are actually a great company, devoted to their customers 100%." because we have plenty of evidence against that. But maybe, juuust maybe, they're trying now.

One thing about the update, even though I have yet to personally see it, is that I like the fact that babies are now part of the actual game and not some passive creature that stays in Baby Jail until they age up. I also really like the new camera angle to see the whole of the house while not in build-mode or from the map.

Now, with all that said, I actually don't know what they might have planned next. While I'd like to see them rework the whole orbs-being-currency thing, I would like the option to not have to deal with the aging thing without having to kill off Sims for platinum orbs or ignoring the quest (cause I still want that stupid fish).
INACTIVE ACCOUNT! ANY NEW POSTS AFTER 2/6/2020 ARE NOT FROM ME!

Hobby items across from Police Station!
Don't update anymore.

Courage cannot erase our fear. Courage is when we face our fears. - Davey Jacobs, Newsies
john/maria
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by john/maria »

I've been playing with the babies and having a ball. i can bathe my 2 infants at the same time in the heart shaped tub if each parent is holding one infant and the bathe option is selected and there is enough room on both sides of the tub. I put a diaper on the babies and it is really cute. The parents can bounce the babies on a double bed if there is enough room on both sides. Going back to experiment some more. WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO HAVE MORE SIMS? I'M NOT GOING TO AGE MY INFANTS!
+.jana.+
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by +.jana.+ »

I would like to see a Get Things Done update. That would involve:
- More activities in and around house: stove/fridge/tv get broken now and then and need to be fixed; plants need to be watered; toilet needs to be unplugged; car needs to be washed; bed needs to be made; etc.
- More items for "chores" added: Dishwasher, washing machine, lawn mower, set of repairing or plumbing tools, and similar.
- New building: Hardware store offering the new items.
- Quest: Build the hardware store and have your sims learn using the new items (teenagers can get pocket money for lawn moving, the laundry pile can finally get some interactions - and can magically reappear in a house with kids, ...); special prize - a sim-inspiring pet available in the pet store
- New functionality: Queuing tasks just like in the PC Sims! :)
👉 GC ID: +.jana.+ (mention Sims in requests)
🏡 House for neighbors: Left bottom corner of town - house with fireworks
👻 Haunted house: Mystery island, at Riches of Terra monument
💰 Monuments bonus: 410XP/$465 +102% chance; Goddess fully upgraded
JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by JKCher »

I would like some kind of little robot or something that would clean up all the plates from the cooking hobby! lol
Also being able to rearrange the sim tracker thing so you can group together families or group it however you want it.
I would like something else to instantly inspire toddlers. And something to inspire babies instantly.
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

I have to say whilst I'm liking this update, the DIY one was much more exciting for me. The new possibilities for building are of much more interest to me than what my sims get up to.
Although real life time constraints have meant that there's not actually much building been going on in my town, that's the part I like most. My keeper sims all have a story (they're loosely based on real life people) and sadly their sim life is very much like their real life.......they grind away to have nice houses :lol: I like the irony of it!

My wish for a future update would be new and different furnishings (new kitchen units are far overdue!) and more importantly wall coverings and floors. I know the choice is good compared to way back when but I'm quite tired of what we have. It's nice that we have updated hairstyles and clothes. I think I'd like a whole lot of new choices for decorating.
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

JKCher wrote:I would like some kind of little robot or something that would clean up all the plates from the cooking hobby! lol
Also being able to rearrange the sim tracker thing so you can group together families or group it however you want it.
I would like something else to instantly inspire toddlers. And something to inspire babies instantly.
Yes, this! Especially being able to rearrange the Sim tracker.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.