Looking Ahead: Can Baby Steps Be Topped?

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Lavenderwitch519
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Looking Ahead: Can Baby Steps Be Topped?

Post by Lavenderwitch519 »

+.jana.+ wrote:I would like to see a Get Things Done update. That would involve:
- More activities in and around house: stove/fridge/tv get broken now and then and need to be fixed; plants need to be watered; toilet needs to be unplugged; car needs to be washed; bed needs to be made; etc.
- More items for "chores" added: Dishwasher, washing machine, lawn mower, set of repairing or plumbing tools, and similar.
- New building: Hardware store offering the new items.
- Quest: Build the hardware store and have your sims learn using the new items (teenagers can get pocket money for lawn moving, the laundry pile can finally get some interactions - and can magically reappear in a house with kids, ...); special prize - a sim-inspiring pet available in the pet store
- New functionality: Queuing tasks just like in the PC Sims! :)
I think you've read my mind! :D I'd love all of the things you mentioned.
level 55
Holiday update
A pinch of cute & a handful of crazy! :mrgreen:
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

DIY was also my favorite so far this year. While some of the things in the Baby Steps update were on my wish list I don't really see myself using any of it beyond this update. I'm not even sure I'll have my one baby do the hobby after unlocking everything.

I also agree with JKCher, we definitely need to be able to rearrange the sim tracker. My sim families are all over the place! And I would love something that inspires toddlers (and that wasn't a reward for a limited time event) and babies. And I wouldn't mind something that automatically cleans up those plates!

I'm also with bluebeariscool on the new furnishings, walls, and floors. The DIY update was perfect for that, I thought, but I guess it was too much for one update. I'm tired of all my houses looking the same.

I'm still hoping for a weather update that will bring a fall weather setting with leaves instead of puddles that pile up for our sims to jump in!
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
nikigunn
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by nikigunn »

I don't like this update. I think babies, even with the new interactions, are deadly dull. Eating, sleeping, crying, and filling a diaper isn't interesting, even in real life. I had to chase one of my useful Sims out of town to get a scary looking baby for the update because I was at the town max. If babies aren't necessary to future updates, I'm going to age her and put her to work in a better hobby when all of the rewards are collected. I prefer updates like DIY. It was useful and I'm more likely to use things from that update than babies or most of the venues or new hobbies. I want updates that don't build new venues to sit empty once complete (restaurant, mall, castle, etc.) I don't want a new hobby I'll never do again or messing up an old hobby (ice skating, anyone?) I'm with bluebeariscool about new furnishings, to go in our newly DIY renovated homes. I want updates to be useful and add to the game, not just busywork of grid filling or trash cleanup. Baby Steps is just another grinding grid filler.
Last edited by nikigunn on 04 Aug 2015, 08:09, edited 1 time in total.
HFN -- 2 Museum Blvd (4 story), 22 West Side (1 story)
HH -- 10 West Side
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

I'm still steamed about ice skating too. I liked the times for it: 10 minutes, 1 hour, 6 hours, and 12 hours. I wish the other hobbies (except cooking) had these times. (Well, even better was the 4 minute time we used to have.) I used all of them at different times. I think fashion design is the only one left with these particular times.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

JKCher wrote:I would like some kind of little robot or something that would clean up all the plates from the cooking hobby! lol
Also being able to rearrange the sim tracker thing so you can group together families or group it however you want it.
I would like something else to instantly inspire toddlers. And something to inspire babies instantly.
Ditto on the Simtracker!!
As far as inspiring toddlers, I've come to rely on the Lobster Thermidor at the restaurant. I just aged up a few but I did have 7 toddlers in town. I didn't use the lobster everyday since it costs 1LP per plate but it was very handy when time was an issue. The toddlers become inspired as soon as they start eating so then you can cancel the action. That way there are no plates left to clean up!!
Updated town info in profile
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

Please no stuff that constantly gets broken. That sounds too much like green swimming pools that used to drive me nuts. I can see it now, you need to finish a quest by watching TV but all the dang TVs in the town are broken, so you have to fix one and it takes 8 hours so you have to use LPs to make up for the time. Before Freeplay existed there was another annoying Sims app that was super boring and things broke all the time so you were always having to fix stuff. Maybe it would be ok if you could have a designated "handyman's fixer upper house"-- then it could actually be funny, toilets leaking, TVs exploding, pools overflowing, fireplaces starting the house on fire, roofs caving it and all the sims running around like crazy. Fun. :D
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update
Boodle
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Boodle »

I think new wallpapers, floors and furniture are needed. I'm beginning to find it difficult to decorate, everything is so similar, and already in another house!

I'm hopeful this might happen one day, as this year they seem to be updating what already exists, like better building options, and now the babies can do more.

I'd like more cute interactions, like the preteens and toddlers interacting with the dragons and fairies. I know that's minor compared with new furnishings, but I have liked my cats playing and fighting.
GC-Boodle10 1
HfN-3 Eastside
minisaga
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by minisaga »

DIY update was also my favourite update! And I would have liked longer to bask in it before the next update, heh, TWO updates. I'd like them to slow down.

Especially if it means fewer bugs! Actually that's all I really want in the next update: bug fixes. But as mentioned by others, a few new furnishing/decorating options would be nice too. And, yes, a robot to clean up the plates would be fantastic!
HFN is by the fire station.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

mudgenie wrote:Please no stuff that constantly gets broken. That sounds too much like green swimming pools that used to drive me nuts. I can see it now, you need to finish a quest by watching TV but all the dang TVs in the town are broken, so you have to fix one and it takes 8 hours so you have to use LPs to make up for the time. Before Freeplay existed there was another annoying Sims app that was super boring and things broke all the time so you were always having to fix stuff. Maybe it would be ok if you could have a designated "handyman's fixer upper house"-- then it could actually be funny, toilets leaking, TVs exploding, pools overflowing, fireplaces starting the house on fire, roofs caving it and all the sims running around like crazy. Fun. :D
I agree. I don't want anything that takes more time just to look after the game. I was so happy to fork out cash for the pool cleaner! I like to get in, inspire and reset my Sims, and get out. It is bad enough that pets now have happiness meters. If it is totally optional, then, OK. I like to play around on occasion, but most of the time, just a quick check is all I have time to do.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by penlopej »

nikigunn wrote:I don't like this update. I think babies, even with the new interactions, are deadly dull. Eating, sleeping, crying, and filling a diaper isn't interesting, even in real life. I had to chase one of my useful Sims out of town to get a scary looking baby for the update because I was at the town max. If babies aren't necessary to future updates, I'm going to age her and put her to work in a better hobby when all of the rewards are collected. I prefer updates like DIY. It was useful and I'm more likely to use things from that update than babies or most of the venues or new hobbies. I want updates that don't build new venues to sit empty once complete (restaurant, mall, castle, etc.) I don't want a new hobby I'll never do again or messing up an old hobby (ice skating, anyone?) I'm with bluebeariscool about new furnishings, to go in our newly DIY renovated homes. I want updates to be useful and add to the game, not just busywork of grid filling or trash cleanup. Baby Steps is just another grinding grid filler.
Couldn't agree more. Not enjoying this update at all. Bit of a come down from DIY which was the best yet.