Looking Ahead: Can Baby Steps Be Topped?

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
whoviandragon
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Looking Ahead: Can Baby Steps Be Topped?

Post by whoviandragon »

You know, I would love new flooring and wallcoverings. We need more plain 'paint' colors. The blue, green, purple, red, brown, and three shades of white/cream aren't cutting it anymore, especially since those are the main colors I use in houses. And maybe more carpeting, the ones now are too basic and some are ugly.
INACTIVE ACCOUNT! ANY NEW POSTS AFTER 2/6/2020 ARE NOT FROM ME!

Hobby items across from Police Station!
Don't update anymore.

Courage cannot erase our fear. Courage is when we face our fears. - Davey Jacobs, Newsies
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by DelDel »

mudgenie wrote:Before Freeplay existed there was another annoying Sims app that was super boring and things broke all the time so you were always having to fix stuff.
I remember that! It was many, many years ago, and it was on a phone that had a keyboard...remember when those were all the rage. :lol:

Items like the TV and fridge would break, so you couldn't use them until you fixed them. The shower would also get dirty and couldn't be used until cleaned. The most annoying part was having to play the mini games in order to fix and clean items. The mini games were timed and could be tricky to do, considering you had to maneuver using a phone keyboard. :?

Those old versions were my first experience with a Sims game...my, how far they have come. :)
Smootie_Pops
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Smootie_Pops »

+.jana.+ wrote:I would like to see a Get Things Done update. That would involve:
- More activities in and around house: stove/fridge/tv get broken now and then and need to be fixed; plants need to be watered; toilet needs to be unplugged; car needs to be washed; bed needs to be made; etc.
- More items for "chores" added: Dishwasher, washing machine, lawn mower, set of repairing or plumbing tools, and similar.
- New building: Hardware store offering the new items.
- Quest: Build the hardware store and have your sims learn using the new items (teenagers can get pocket money for lawn moving, the laundry pile can finally get some interactions - and can magically reappear in a house with kids, ...); special prize - a sim-inspiring pet available in the pet store
- New functionality: Queuing tasks just like in the PC Sims! :)
Jana, you took the words right out of my mouth!! This is the same exact update that I would love to get. It would make the game feel more like reality, keep it interesting, and never dull as there would always be something the "needs" to be done.
cammi
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by cammi »

+.jana.+ wrote:I would like to see a Get Things Done update. That would involve:
- More activities in and around house: stove/fridge/tv get broken now and then and need to be fixed; plants need to be watered; toilet needs to be unplugged; car needs to be washed; bed needs to be made; etc.
- More items for "chores" added: Dishwasher, washing machine, lawn mower, set of repairing or plumbing tools, and similar.
- New building: Hardware store offering the new items.
- Quest: Build the hardware store and have your sims learn using the new items (teenagers can get pocket money for lawn moving, the laundry pile can finally get some interactions - and can magically reappear in a house with kids, ...); special prize - a sim-inspiring pet available in the pet store
- New functionality: Queuing tasks just like in the PC Sims! :)

I love these ideas! Some of it gets a little too realistic (I don't make my bed in real life! :lol:) but I'd love a dishwasher. I had to build a house for my cooking hobby to keep all the plates in one place. I hope FP never gets as realistic as the regular Sims, otherwise that house will be covered in flies. :lol:

The main features I want to see are:

1) Increased family sizes
2) Doing away with the 10-person limit on lots. Or at least in the community spaces
3) The ability to build rooms inside of preexisting spaces! It's so irritating to have to delete and start over, especially since the floors are more expensive now. And heaven forbid you want to change something on a multi-level house!
Mitzki
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Mitzki »

I'd just love to see an update that brought jobs for teens and seniors to do.
kwippo
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by kwippo »

cammi wrote: The main features I want to see are:

1) Increased family sizes
2) Doing away with the 10-person limit on lots. Or at least in the community spaces
3) The ability to build rooms inside of preexisting spaces! It's so irritating to have to delete and start over, especially since the floors are more expensive now. And heaven forbid you want to change something on a multi-level house!
Yes to these^

Actually, I really really hate this update. Not because of the content, but because of the bugs.
Apparently I thought I saved to the cloud before updating, but apparently I didn't. I downloaded the update, but the game crashed several times until I could no longer play. I lost precious data (let's just say that I got lots of SP items and lost them due to this update).
I couldn't play until Firemonkeys released a fix for this update, but even then, my game got crashed several times. I had to delete my game and download it like 4 times since the release of this update.
I cannot enter certain houses in my town and I cannot visit neighbours because the game always crashes.
Ughh, I'm counting the days till this update is replaced by a newer update.
I really really really hate this update. It is second to LD&L in my hatred.

I love the babies and toddlers. But the horrible bugs kill me.

As for the next update- I would like to have a 'Home Decor' update, were there are more interior design options.
HFN on west side, house no. 12. GH on east side, house no.1 .
I don't cheat, but I've played for over 4 years.
I accept neighbor requests, find me on FB (unfortunately, I can no longer play on an iOS device, so no GC).
Shona
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Shona »

kwippo wrote:
cammi wrote: My game got crashed several times. I had to delete my game and download it like 4 times since the release of this update.
I cannot enter certain houses in my town and I cannot visit neighbours because the game always crashes.
Ughh, I'm counting the days till this update is replaced by a newer update.
I really really really hate this update. .
Same here! I'm reinstalling for the fourth time right now, just so I can play a modified game.

I just hope the next update works!
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by penlopej »

I definitely want more sims. I have a town where half the houses are empty.
Lenny
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lenny »

I'd love to have a pet update which gives us more pets per house and more kinds of pets and more interactions with them.
Facebook: Nevasa Simm (please PM me on this board, if you want me to add you as a friend, I'm not using facebook Messenger on a regular basis)
Hounted House: 1 Diver's Way
HNF/Rendeer Farm: 3 Firehouse Road
Version: Christmas in London