Finger Painting Hobby

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Simsational
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Finger Painting Hobby

Post by Simsational »

Quick question - Can toddlers be inspired by any other item(s) besides the "last unicorn" or lightning? :?:
Level 55 - Newest Update | HFN at 3 West Oceanside - LOADED (no ghosts) | Fireworks, Inc.
5 Haunted Houses (many ghosts) | 2 Potion Brewing Cauldrons @ 1 Firehouse Rd next to CC
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Simsational wrote:Quick question - Can toddlers be inspired by any other item(s) besides the "last unicorn" or lightning? :?:
There is a recipe that can only be cooked at the restaurant, that inspires sims as soon, as they start to eat. You get 3 plates.
Attachments
image.jpg
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.0
iOS 17.3.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

is there any other quicker way of getting some sleep for the baby? Before baby update, I usually use the 4 hour sleep for baby. Since I started the xylophone hobby, no sleep at all. Just use the other functions to keep the baby inspired. I finally got to finish the hobby but at the cost of several lps, probably the most I use for a hobby. And all this for a silly jumper, which gives you 1 choice of of action for few seconds only. But it's cute. I tried the 10 minutes Calming Baby to Sleep but it does not seems to fill up the Sleep need.
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

With 12 hours remaining and considering my work schedule, I have to spend almost 100 LP to get the last 4 paintings...
Qendresa
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Qendresa »

Zellybeanie wrote:No pop up book for me. I didn't get the last painting in time. I really really dislike these grid grinds. My toddler didn't sleep for days. It's taken a chunk of fun out of the game for me.
Me too ! I played non-stop but I could not complete the collection in time
Qëndresa Selimi
nikigunn
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by nikigunn »

I spent about 75 LP. I hate the grinding grid fillers. Constant work that never advances and then lucky rolls within the last two hours. I think the other reason I hate the grid filling is that it's not creative or fun. Ooh, let's fill yet ANOTHER grid. I haven't done that before! I didn't even really want the item and I've cut back on how often I play by setting the SIms at 24 hour hobby times to keep them inspired because grid filling is boring. C'mon Firemonkeys, give us something outside of the 12 boxes (or however many, depending on the hobby.)
HFN -- 2 Museum Blvd (4 story), 22 West Side (1 story)
HH -- 10 West Side
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

I too spent a lot of LP and finished today. I don't know exactly how much bust it was close to 100 and I finished it with 17 minutes to go :o
I've not had a chance to play much lately and missed the superhero outfits which I would be pretty mad about usually. In the grand scheme of things I will survive. They'll come back.....most things do :)
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
DiTori
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by DiTori »

ErinPW wrote: There is a recipe that can only be cooked at the restaurant, that inspires sims as soon, as they start to eat. You get 3 plates.
Wow did not know that, thanks Erin :D off to send traveling cook to restaurant.
Voted most Active Town by JD Simhouse & Assoc.
Game Center Schotzybleu
HFN original lot
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

DiTori wrote:
ErinPW wrote: There is a recipe that can only be cooked at the restaurant, that inspires sims as soon, as they start to eat. You get 3 plates.
You're welcome :)
For sure it has been mentioned several times after the Let's Eat update, but I have to admit, I didn't pay attention on this meal before the Baby Steps.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.0
iOS 17.3.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
julz21
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by julz21 »

ErinPW wrote:
DiTori wrote:
You're welcome :)
For sure it has been mentioned several times after the Let's Eat update, but I have to admit, I didn't pay attention on this meal before the Baby Steps.
I didn't pay attention either. I think it's because it cost LPs and I tend to hoard those until I really need them. But since learning this, I immediately started cooking it at the restaurant and now have three piles of plates lined up on the counter just waiting to be used. Sent one of my toddlers (alone) to the restaurant to "grab a plate". He grabbed a plate, went to sit down and eat. He took one bite and was instantly inspired so I canceled the action and sent my newly inspired toddler home to finish painting! This is an awesome find for me as I do not have the rainbow unicorns to inspire the toddlers in my game!