Finger Painting Hobby

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Finger Painting Hobby

Post by DelDel »

I am very excited for the rewards that come with completing this hobby! Who didn't love popup books and pretend cooking as a little kid? ;)

I strongly dislike that, just like with the xylophone, we are limited to 1 easel. I'm hoping that since it's a shorter task time of 3 1/2 hrs we will all have a better chance of filling our grids within the time limit. One can hope, right?

Who's excited to have another hobby that requires filling the grid 7 times in order to unlock everything? I wonder if we will be limited to 3 easels after filling the grid for the first time...I hope not.
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Finger Painting Hobby

Post by LovemySims »

I've just groaned when I saw that there is yet another time limited event coming up....urrrrgh, I do hope it's easier to fill this time otherwise I'll tear my hair out!
On a brighter note though, I love the rewards so I'll be working hard to get them.....good job I've topped my LP balance up.
SusiQ
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by SusiQ »

I am also excited for the rewards, but unsure if I am ready for yet another limited hobby, and the never ending Grid Grind to get the all of the rewards. I really wish the hobby wouldn't start automatically after completing the quest.
HFN: 2 Firehouse Road (has oven fire), Firepole and pets
Haunted House: 3 Firehouse Road
Firepole: 10 Westside
Happy Simming!
Lavenderwitch519
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lavenderwitch519 »

:o So far this hobby seems to be going much better than the baby musical hobby. Hopefully it will continue through the end with no need to want to pull my hair out like the last one. :o :lol:
level 55
Holiday update
A pinch of cute & a handful of crazy! :mrgreen:
Lyla L
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Lyla L »

Just for reference, since I know some on this forum like numbers :D -- it took me about 35 or 36 tries to fill up the hobby collection (using LPs to speed through). So 3x the actual number of paintings needed. And I think it took about 22 or 23 times to get the toddler up to level 6 in the hobby.

The whole time, I kept thinking about the saying (paraphrased) that the definition of insanity is doing the same repetitive action over and over while hoping for a different result. Thanks a bunch, Firemonkeys! :lol:
FB: https://facebook.com/make2tv
HFN: #1 Museum Boulevard
Pictures of my town @ simslanding.tumblr.com | instagram.com/simslanding
Dellie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Dellie »

Lyla L wrote:The whole time, I kept thinking about the saying (paraphrased) that the definition of insanity is doing the same repetitive action over and over while hoping for a different result. Thanks a bunch, Firemonkeys! :lol:
I feel your pain! I sped up with LPs as well. I didn't take exact numbers, but it would have been about the same.
GC delli_from_welli (MUST mention SFP Forum)
HFN 2 East Oceanside (includes some haunted items)
HH 1 Museum Boulevard
Castle 3 West Oceanside
Spaceship 3 Bliss Drive
Entertainment Complex 4 Bliss Drive
DAYCARE UPDATE
Dellie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Dellie »

Oddly, you can't see the back of the finger paintings when they are on a wall, like you can other wall objects.
GC delli_from_welli (MUST mention SFP Forum)
HFN 2 East Oceanside (includes some haunted items)
HH 1 Museum Boulevard
Castle 3 West Oceanside
Spaceship 3 Bliss Drive
Entertainment Complex 4 Bliss Drive
DAYCARE UPDATE
Huaca Flora
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Huaca Flora »

Oh my, these new paintings are really cute!
Halloween Update

HFN: Bliss Drive 1 | Hotel Transymvania: Terra Drive 1 (haunted) | Home for the Elderly: Diver's Way 1 | Spa @ Home: West Side 20 | Sim Thermae: East Oceanside 2
Level: 55
Time zone: GMT+1
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

Gosh this hobby is getting right on my nerves, another load of old rubbish where you've got to spend the entire 7 days and a load of LP just to try and fill the grid. It's getting beyond a joke now all the work we are expected to put in to gaining some small thing. I am sick of trying with it. I have 20 hours left and 2 paintings to get, I have had my toddler painting constantly for the 7 days and it never gets the last two and I'm fully levelled up.
I also never get the paintings I need when I use LP for a lucky spin.

I wouldn't be so annoyed if i didn't think it was done on purpose! grrr!
Zellybeanie
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Zellybeanie »

No pop up book for me. I didn't get the last painting in time. I really really dislike these grid grinds. My toddler didn't sleep for days. It's taken a chunk of fun out of the game for me.