Glitz and Glam Update Teaser

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Glitz and Glam Update Teaser

Post by playsims »

Too soon. I thought I spent a lot of LP on the xylophone hobby. Finger painting was even worse. I got only half of the medals on the last 24 hours, very unusual from previous experiences. I had to alternate between speeding & spinning before time runs out. Speeding was not so effective this time. I need a rest from these time-limited hobbies!
I prefer furniture over clothing. I dont often change clothes on my Sims.
I also want to spend time to renovate.
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

I agree with those people asking for more furniture. This is one aspect of the game that hasn't really chanced much since the beginning. Sure, we've had occasional fancy new items unlocked after quests and whatnot, but very little meat and potato stuff like chairs, beds, tables etc. I am bored of the existing options and I don't like how most houses now tend to look the same. I want more items available in more colours and more sizes (and of course, they really need to increase the object cap otherwise there's no point).

I am also sick of everything being timed. I haven't actually played the game much since the basement/balcony update; I never updated to Baby Steps and haven't even done the camping stuff yet. I just can't face it; putting a timer on it makes it a chore - it simply isn't fun. You get locked into a stressful, repetitive cycle and after a while, you forget why you're even doing it - you can't see the forest for the trees. I really don't understand why they think time limits are a good idea; as far as I am concerned they definitely are not. I would have much more incentive to play if I could just go at my own pace and not have to worry about such things. In fact, I remember being much happier back in the old days before all the quests and the mystery box thing started.

So if this update involves more of the same, then I probably won't be bothering. There's been an influx of new locations in the past couple of years, but none of them hold much interest once the novelty wears off. The arcade, the restaurant, the shopping mall, the carnival, the castle... I never go to any of them unless I am forced to for a goal or quest. They should do more with the locations that we already have rather than constantly create new ones.
kwippo
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by kwippo »

HordePrime wrote:I agree with those people asking for more furniture. This is one aspect of the game that hasn't really chanced much since the beginning. Sure, we've had occasional fancy new items unlocked after quests and whatnot, but very little meat and potato stuff like chairs, beds, tables etc. I am bored of the existing options and I don't like how most houses now tend to look the same. I want more items available in more colours and more sizes (and of course, they really need to increase the object cap otherwise there's no point).

I am also sick of everything being timed. I haven't actually played the game much since the basement/balcony update; I never updated to Baby Steps and haven't even done the camping stuff yet. I just can't face it; putting a timer on it makes it a chore - it simply isn't fun. You get locked into a stressful, repetitive cycle and after a while, you forget why you're even doing it - you can't see the forest for the trees. I really don't understand why they think time limits are a good idea; as far as I am concerned they definitely are not. I would have much more incentive to play if I could just go at my own pace and not have to worry about such things. In fact, I remember being much happier back in the old days before all the quests and the mystery box thing started.

So if this update involves more of the same, then I probably won't be bothering. There's been an influx of new locations in the past couple of years, but none of them hold much interest once the novelty wears off. The arcade, the restaurant, the shopping mall, the carnival, the castle... I never go to any of them unless I am forced to for a goal or quest. They should do more with the locations that we already have rather than constantly create new ones.
So much this ^.
HFN on west side, house no. 12. GH on east side, house no.1 .
I don't cheat, but I've played for over 4 years.
I accept neighbor requests, find me on FB (unfortunately, I can no longer play on an iOS device, so no GC).
Smootie_Pops
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Smootie_Pops »

ALeaf wrote:Teaser for the upcoming update is out → https://youtu.be/hGvwhPmyCuI

There are more stores coming in the mall, or more cleaning coming I guess ;) With the new stores opening there are more outfits too.
More outfits!.jpg
And I guess there are a new career and a new hobby. Anyway, to me this looks more interesting than Baby Steps :)
I'm super geeked!!
Smootie_Pops
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Smootie_Pops »

HordePrime wrote:I am also sick of everything being timed. I haven't actually played the game much since the basement/balcony update; I never updated to Baby Steps and haven't even done the camping stuff yet. I just can't face it; putting a timer on it makes it a chore - it simply isn't fun. You get locked into a stressful, repetitive cycle and after a while, you forget why you're even doing it - you can't see the forest for the trees. I really don't understand why they think time limits are a good idea; as far as I am concerned they definitely are not. I would have much more incentive to play if I could just go at my own pace and not have to worry about such things. In fact, I remember being much happier back in the old days before all the quests and the mystery box thing started.
HordePrime,

I agree with you 110%!! IMO, time limited request "seem" like a way for EA to boost sales...forcing players to spend real money for LPs and SPs to complete quests to get limited items. :roll:
DiTori
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by DiTori »

Um ok on new update but what I'm still wondering about is some kind of color scheme update which I thought was coming out. Anyone else see that at one time on FB?
Voted most Active Town by JD Simhouse & Assoc.
Game Center Schotzybleu
HFN original lot
bittergrapes
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by bittergrapes »

I'm just updating so I can get my FB friends :(
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

bittergrapes wrote:I'm just updating so I can get my FB friends :(
It doesn't look like they fixed it. :( On my test game which is an Android device I still only have 26 neighbors.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

I can't get excited, although I would like all the items. If they come with time limited hobbies though, I'm sick of those.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
SusiQ
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by SusiQ »

The teaser looks nice, but I'm not very excited, I'm still worn out from the baby steps update. While new clothe are fun, I'd also rather have some new affordable home items.
HFN: 2 Firehouse Road (has oven fire), Firepole and pets
Haunted House: 3 Firehouse Road
Firepole: 10 Westside
Happy Simming!