Glitz and Glam Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Glitz and Glam Update - Changes

Post by Debbilu_7 »

whoviandragon wrote:I don't know. I kinda like the cypress boxes, they look a little fancier. But, I really wish they'd introduced a new item instead of messing with something that didn't need changing. Sorta 50/50 on this, for me at least.
I just wish multiples would connect to form a bigger box.
I agree...on some lots, where I've used them as a border, they make a stronger divider with the box (and make it easier for whoever mows the lawn lol) but on the more natural, woodsy lots the boxes are definitely out of place now.
Updated town info in profile
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

I'm sure where else to ask this so here goes - this update adds a new second floor to the mall but what will that do to the current second floor with the diner and, I think, the juice bar (which I don't have for some reason)?
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

bloodredroses01 wrote:I'm sure where else to ask this so here goes - this update adds a new second floor to the mall but what will that do to the current second floor with the diner and, I think, the juice bar (which I don't have for some reason)?
They remain where they are, but I think there have been more tables before Glitz & Glam (?)
Attachments
image.jpg
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.0
iOS 17.3.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

Okay I see what's going on, they're saying current shops on the ground floor, food court on the first floor and new shops on the second floor. Thank you for the pic, it makes sense now.
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
Dellie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Dellie »

bloodredroses01 wrote:Okay I see what's going on, they're saying current shops on the ground floor, food court on the first floor and new shops on the second floor. Thank you for the pic, it makes sense now.
Technically there is no ground floor. Both the current shops and the diner and juice bar are all treated as first floor. The new shops are the second floor.
ErinPW wrote:
bloodredroses01 wrote:They remain where they are, but I think there have been more tables before Glitz & Glam (?)
There are definitely less tables, as the escalators to the second floor have taken up the space. But given you can only have ten Sims at the mall at one time, it doesn't matter. At least the cinema is self serve, and we didn't have to use another Sim to man it!

I'd be pretty upset if I was a tenant at that mall. A maximum of 10 clients in the mall at any one time is pretty low foot traffic. I hope their rents aren't high :shock:
GC delli_from_welli (MUST mention SFP Forum)
HFN 2 East Oceanside (includes some haunted items)
HH 1 Museum Boulevard
Castle 3 West Oceanside
Spaceship 3 Bliss Drive
Entertainment Complex 4 Bliss Drive
DAYCARE UPDATE
Dellie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Dellie »

The Sim billboard now posts ads and changes each time you visit town view.
GC delli_from_welli (MUST mention SFP Forum)
HFN 2 East Oceanside (includes some haunted items)
HH 1 Museum Boulevard
Castle 3 West Oceanside
Spaceship 3 Bliss Drive
Entertainment Complex 4 Bliss Drive
DAYCARE UPDATE
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

ErinPW wrote: They remain where they are, but I think there have been more tables before Glitz & Glam (?)
Yes, there was one more table on the right side of the burger joint. The juice bar also lost a table and two others were moved to either side of the escalator. Each side also lost a bench and the burger joint side lost two plants. They didn't do too bad a job adding an (what seems to be) unplanned second floor. It still looks a bit off to me but in time I will forget what it used to look like before!

Here are some before pics:
Before Glitz and Glam
Before Glitz and Glam
Before Glitz and Glam
Before Glitz and Glam
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

mockingbird288z wrote: Yes, there was one more table on the right side of the burger joint. The juice bar also lost a table and two others were moved to either side of the escalator. Each side also lost a bench and the burger joint side lost two plants. They didn't do too bad a job adding an (what seems to be) unplanned second floor. It still looks a bit off to me but in time I will forget what it used to look like before!

Here are some before pics:
image.jpg
image.jpg
Thanks for the pics! I couldn't find any at my folders.

In the meantime I bought some new clothes for my sims. They don't show up as new at the top of the wardrobe anymore. Instead I have to scroll down to the bottom to find them.
Also, since mall update, purchased hairstyles and make ups used to show up at the wardrobe for every sim of one age group. Now I have to buy them again :(
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.0
iOS 17.3.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

The bug where we could not add windows to a floor over a balcony floor has been fixed. I'm so glad as I can now get my symmetry back onto my houses!
indigoace
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by indigoace »

Babies can now cry for a sim on a different floor without getting that annoying pop-up window.

Babies are now changed to diapers before being bathed in the bathtub.