[Glitz and Glam] Upcoming event

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mockingbird288z

Re: Next update

Post by mockingbird288z »

LovemySims wrote: Seriously we only have 1 week to unlock all those packs?! Oh it's like my worst nightmare. I might not bother doing it, what it is you get with the fishing one? If you could see my face now you'd see I am completely like this :|
All the screenshots I've seen of the events say "7 days". I think it's too much to hope that we will have a longer time. :( And the fishing one will be for different kinds of rugs. Each pack will unlock a new color/pattern and each pattern will come in different sizes.
telemwill wrote:I think FM has forgotten this is supposed to be a game, not a full-time job. I don't want to play all the time. I don't even want to play all the time I'm free. I want to be with friends, walk with hubby in the park, read a book, watch Dr. Who, etc. I actually contemplated quitting. I may have to resign myself to not having every single game item.
This is exactly how I feel. I don't want to play the game all the time either and I don't like feeling like I have to. I like all the items in the pics in the opening post, we've all been asking for new rugs - what is so terribly wrong with just adding those things to the home store? The events are certainly an attempt to get people to buy and use LPs. I used to love the events. I was so excited when the ghost hunting event started back in 2012, I mean I was ridiculously excited. I thought it was just such a fun idea. And it didn't seem like it was designed to make me use LPs - 2 weeks to unlock a haunted house with as many sims as you wanted on the hobby, each action was so short, and there wasn't a recharge time on the items. I wanted them to do more of those type of events. But now they aren't fun whatsoever.
telemwill wrote:Oh, and how do we have two survivalists? Would that count using a neighbor's town?
Yes, and we will need that second survivalist! The Survivalist hobby takes 2.5 hours and with only a week to do it that's a pack a day. Problem with that is to complete a grid, without getting any repeats, takes 30 hours. It's impossible. Even with a second sim that's 15 hours to fill the grid - again without any repeats. :shock:
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: [Glitz and Glam] Upcoming event

Post by LovemySims »

Urgh it sounds absolutely impossible, thanks for explaining it better Leah. I might just do the fishing one and not bother with the survivalist, it's just too much. LPs are so hard to get when you don't buy them for real money, I have gained all of mine through LP grinding and that means being tied to the game constantly in free time.

As telemwill says, I don't want to feel forced to play the game constantly, it's getting to a point where it's not fun any more....or is that why EA are doing it?!
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

There is no time anymore to actually play with the new content. Instead of being excited I'm exhausted.
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
pandap4nts
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by pandap4nts »

Agh! A post simply to commiserate. I'm finally updating from Great Outdoors and was very much looking forward to having a few weeks to finish the discovery quests for the last two updates, and otherwise be chill about SimsFP. Wishful thinking! It is a shame, because having missed out on time-limited rewards before (looking at you Owls and Latin Villa,) it's still a bummer to think there'll never be a second chance. good luck to all!
Garage Update Gamecenter: pandap4nts 🐼
pandap4nts
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by pandap4nts »

...off-topic, but... :twisted: I'm pretty much waiting on my Sims to soil the playing field before I update, because it's hilarious(ly awful, I am a terrible person!) Friday!
Garage Update Gamecenter: pandap4nts 🐼
Lavenderwitch519
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lavenderwitch519 »

mockingbird288z wrote:
LovemySims wrote: Oh yuck, you don't know how much this has just made me grumble! Why can't EA cut us some slack and let us get something a little bit easier for a change?! Honestly those grids drive me crazy!
I'm with you on that. I was burnt out with the game even before the Baby Steps hobbies. But now...after completing those hobbies so many times I don't want to really play the game at all. I groaned when I saw posts about the rug event and then started to feel overwhelmed when I saw posts about the outdoor stuff event. For each event we have 1 week to unlock 7 packs!! That's a pack a day! And only 4 sims max on Fishing and 2 max on Survivalist...I'm preparing myself mentally to use lots of LPs. *sigh*
How do we have 4 sims fishing? I'm guessing 1in the park & 1 at the campground, & 1 in a neighbors town but where is the 4th? With survivalist 1 in our town & 1 at a neighbors town?
level 55
Holiday update
A pinch of cute & a handful of crazy! :mrgreen:
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Lavenderwitch519 wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:
LovemySims wrote: Oh yuck, you don't know how much this has just made me grumble! Why can't EA cut us some slack and let us get something a little bit easier for a change?! Honestly those grids drive me crazy!
I'm with you on that. I was burnt out with the game even before the Baby Steps hobbies. But now...after completing those hobbies so many times I don't want to really play the game at all. I groaned when I saw posts about the rug event and then started to feel overwhelmed when I saw posts about the outdoor stuff event. For each event we have 1 week to unlock 7 packs!! That's a pack a day! And only 4 sims max on Fishing and 2 max on Survivalist...I'm preparing myself mentally to use lots of LPs. *sigh*
How do we have 4 sims fishing? I'm guessing 1in the park & 1 at the campground, & 1 in a neighbors town but where is the 4th? With survivalist 1 in our town & 1 at a neighbors town?
One at the beach.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

Urrrrgh, every time I think about this event I actually moan and feel exhausted! I want the rugs but can't imagine how hard it's going to be.....
Lavenderwitch519
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lavenderwitch519 »

telemwill wrote:
Lavenderwitch519 wrote:
One at the beach.[/quote]
Thanks. Forgot about that. I'm trying to get ready for all this. Probably won't matter anyway but I'm gonna try.
level 55
Holiday update
A pinch of cute & a handful of crazy! :mrgreen:
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

I have already unlocked all the Fishing grid before & done the entire collection a few times already. But my Fisherman sim has left her hobby & done other hobbies. None of my sims are currently doing fishing. Should I go back to this hobby before the event & have my selected sims level up to the highest level again? Or does it not matter since I have already previously unlocked the grid?

By beach , you mean the beach in the mystery island after doing Life Quest? Ugghh... That leaves me only 3 (Outdoor, Park & Neighbor) This is the last Main hobby I have not yet done because I am not ready to give up my older sims yet & also wish to finish doing Sunset Mall Quest & maybe Royalty quest.