[EVENT] The Outdoors hobby event

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
pinkribbon
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: [EVENT] The Outdoors hobby event

Post by pinkribbon »

I've gotten the first 2 prizes and will probably end up getting the 3rd but I'm not spending a ton of LPs just so I can get a tent. I hadn't yet seen this event and was hoping the prizes would be a little better.
HanaV47
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by HanaV47 »

copperwood wrote:I need 5 more badges for the last prize. I had to use a bunch of LP's to get there. Most of my adult sims are diving for LP's now, so I'm only down about 40 still.
I've just started on the last set after liberal use of LPs as well. I'm down more than you because I haven't replenished. I've arrived at the Life Dreams and Legacies quest so almost all of my sims are hiding away in stasis until they can be saved. It did seem like awkward timing, but with so many updates/events, I'm not sure there's ever a good time!
GC: HanaV47
LVL 55
Pool Paradise Update
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

So far I've spent app 180 LPs and I've yet to unlock the last two prizes. It does seem that I'm getting less of repeats for the last two days. Did FMs took mercy or was it a coincidence? :P
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

Just got my last set a couple minutes ago. The only way anyone is able to complete this is with LP's. I always like to have a stash of 1000 LP's saved up for ridiculously hard events like this.

Now he's back on his houseboat getting sunburned.
Orchidealna
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Orchidealna »

Without the use of LP I got only 4 sets so far and I have 36 h left. I might use 1 LP every 30 minutes now and see if I can complete the 3 sets which I have left, but I doubt I'll manage to make it on time anyways...
Orchidealna
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Orchidealna »

Maybe I'll somehow manage to make it. It took me 25 LP's for one of the sets... only?
HanaV47
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by HanaV47 »

Had one badge left in the final set with under 2 hours to go. Figured I'd most likely have to resort to the lucky spin anyway so got it over with. And done! (Now I can concentrate on figuring out this whole orb thing...)
GC: HanaV47
LVL 55
Pool Paradise Update
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

Orchidealna wrote:Maybe I'll somehow manage to make it. It took me 25 LP's for one of the sets... only?
25 LPs per set is definitelly an 'only' situation. :D I spent more than 200 on completing all the prizes, got the last one today. MY LP stores are completely depleted, I don't know what I'll do if they start another event soon. :S
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
TBD-36
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by TBD-36 »

Having just paid my way (in LPs) to completing the 5th set this morning, I am not bothering to work any more on this quest even though I have 12 hours left.

I probably used LP to complete the task early a little over half of it... surely I have spent a hundred. If I had not used any LP, I might be lucky to finish 2 sets, even with a second sim working at a neighbor's.
Oscar
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Oscar »

I won't get more than 4 sets - I'm still missing 2 badges for the fourth. I don't think that I'll bother to start on the fifth one. I didn't use that many LP though - less than 50, I don't remember how many I had when I started. It worked out okay, and it'll return again hopefully.