All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Miranda Sings
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Re: Problems after the new update!!!!!!

Post by Miranda Sings »

mockingbird288z wrote:
Miranda Sings wrote:HELP! My screen keeps messing up after the latest Halloween udate.
sorry no pic
If you can't post a picture can you explain how your screen keeps messing up?
Sorry, should have done that before.

So, before I start, be aware that I play Sims on my Android Samsung Tab.

About a day before the Halloween update I went on Sims Freeplay and it said it was updating. The update was very quick and it didn't do anything, well... except it changed my screen from the android layout to the apple layout and it made the text on the loading screen bigger.. I didn't really care, but it took some getting used to. The next time I opened Sims it was back on the android layout. I thought that was odd.

The next day or so I updated it to the Halloween update and that's when I started having trouble. The text was really big when it was loading, and once it finished loading I could only see half the buttons because everything was magnified. So I force closed it and opened Sims again. This time the letters were back to normal and it was the android layout, but everything was double!

Every time I open Sims Freeplay this happens.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Miranda Sings wrote:
Sorry, should have done that before.

So, before I start, be aware that I play Sims on my Android Samsung Tab.

About a day before the Halloween update I went on Sims Freeplay and it said it was updating. The update was very quick and it didn't do anything, well... except it changed my screen from the android layout to the apple layout and it made the text on the loading screen bigger.. I didn't really care, but it took some getting used to. The next time I opened Sims it was back on the android layout. I thought that was odd.

The next day or so I updated it to the Halloween update and that's when I started having trouble. The text was really big when it was loading, and once it finished loading I could only see half the buttons because everything was magnified. So I force closed it and opened Sims again. This time the letters were back to normal and it was the android layout, but everything was double!

Every time I open Sims Freeplay this happens.
I saw one person on Facebook post a screen shot after updating to the Halloween update that looks like the same problem you are having. I'm not sure if there is anything you can do on your end to fix it. You should at least submit a support ticket to Firemonkeys. They might take awhile to get back to you, though.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Spirit64
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Spirit64 »

Since the halloween update I had difficulties with visiting my neighbours. But now I can not go there at all. Everytime I try my Sims shuts down! And I want my Sim back :(
I am playing on a ipad air 9.1, does somebody have the same problem?
Huaca Flora
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Huaca Flora »

Miranda Sings wrote:About a day before the Halloween update I went on Sims Freeplay and it said it was updating. The update was very quick and it didn't do anything, well... except it changed my screen from the android layout to the apple layout and it made the text on the loading screen bigger.. I didn't really care, but it took some getting used to. The next time I opened Sims it was back on the android layout. I thought that was odd.
That is indeed very odd! I think everybody got the same 'update in progress' screen, although I got it after updating the app to the Halloween version. And since they changed the layout of the buttons (they added the rainbow cake option, etc.), it might be the reason that you are experiencing different layouts. I think a lot is wrong with this new update, it seems they've been hasty to finish it.
Spirit64 wrote:Since the halloween update I had difficulties with visiting my neighbours. But now I can not go there at all. Everytime I try my Sims shuts down! And I want my Sim back :(
I am playing on a ipad air 9.1, does somebody have the same problem?
Other people also encountered problems with visiting neighbours. Apparently Game Center was not working. I think it had something to do with having one of the first two iOS 9 software versions in combination with the newest SFP update. Are you using Game Center and can you still open Game Center to view your friends?
Niloofar wrote:I have updated my game yesterday and now when I open it and it starts downloading it stucks on 5 or 8 MB i have tried changing my wi fi or closing the game and opening it again but it doesnt work what should i do? Please someone help me :( :(
I am afraid there is no solution for that at the moment. At the SFP Facebook page, you can see that many simmers have this problem. My guess is that is has something to do with either wifi not working properly or with having an iOS version 9.0.1 or 9.0.2. But that's just a wild guess. At Facebook, they recommend following these steps. If that does not help, you better get in contact with the customer service here. EA is working on an update to fix the problems, so hopefully they do it quick! :-)
Halloween Update

HFN: Bliss Drive 1 | Hotel Transymvania: Terra Drive 1 (haunted) | Home for the Elderly: Diver's Way 1 | Spa @ Home: West Side 20 | Sim Thermae: East Oceanside 2
Level: 55
Time zone: GMT+1
Niloofar
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Niloofar »

My problem realy had something to do with wifi beacuse as soon as i changed my wifi to a stonger one with more speed ( about 450 or 350 kb/s)the problem was solved and the game was installed ;)
Just wanted to say thanks for your help Huaca Flora :)
Huaca Flora
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Huaca Flora »

Niloofar wrote:My problem realy had something to do with wifi beacuse as soon as i changed my wifi to a stonger one with more speed ( about 450 or 350 kb/s)the problem was solved and the game was installed ;)
Just wanted to say thanks for your help Huaca Flora :)
I am glad to hear! You're welcome :-)
Halloween Update

HFN: Bliss Drive 1 | Hotel Transymvania: Terra Drive 1 (haunted) | Home for the Elderly: Diver's Way 1 | Spa @ Home: West Side 20 | Sim Thermae: East Oceanside 2
Level: 55
Time zone: GMT+1
joannekhl
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by joannekhl »

I'm on iOS9.1 on an iPhone 5s and my sims freeplay keeps on crashing. I tried restarting my phone, closing the app then going in again. Nothing has worked. I'm in the middle of completing quests. What do I do?
Dellie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Dellie »

joannekhl wrote:I'm on iOS9.1 on an iPhone 5s and my sims freeplay keeps on crashing. I tried restarting my phone, closing the app then going in again. Nothing has worked. I'm in the middle of completing quests. What do I do?
Try giving your phone a clean out - get rid of any unnecessary apps, photos and videos.
GC delli_from_welli (MUST mention SFP Forum)
HFN 2 East Oceanside (includes some haunted items)
HH 1 Museum Boulevard
Castle 3 West Oceanside
Spaceship 3 Bliss Drive
Entertainment Complex 4 Bliss Drive
DAYCARE UPDATE
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

joannekhl wrote:I'm on iOS9.1 on an iPhone 5s and my sims freeplay keeps on crashing. I tried restarting my phone, closing the app then going in again. Nothing has worked. I'm in the middle of completing quests. What do I do?
Have you tried a soft reset (holding down the home and power buttons together)?
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
Stlclay
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Problems since last update

Post by Stlclay »

Having lots of problems with inspiring Sims since last update. Takes way too long. Sometimes have to hit the refridgerator over 10 times and sometime the levels don't move at all. Requests to EA have fallen on deaf ears. I suspect that the game is getting too big for an Ipad series one with 5.1 ios. Any ideas out there ? :?: