MissTiquelle
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: [QUEST] Night of the Candy Monsters

Post by MissTiquelle »

Perturbee wrote:
Huaca Flora wrote:
Perturbee wrote:
MissTiquelle wrote:Can someone clarify for me please. I have not updated yet. If I do update, will this quest start at 9 days or have I already lost time? Not sure whether to update yet...
The timer starts when you start the updated game. But... We don't know if or how long it'll take before the initial "event" disappears.
You mean that after two weeks (for example) the quest won't even show up anymore when you update? That happened with Christmas events etc.?
In early november they start a new quest. They say you have to complete the Book of Spells quest, but not the Night of the Candy Monsters quest...
It is a possibility, since this doesn't look like a normal quest. I suspect it might not show if you update after Halloween. So yes, like the Christmas/NYE events.

"Saved by the Spell" is a quest leading into the Potion Brewing hobby (which is -of course- another 7 days grinding event).

I have just updated my game. Thank God I did it now, as I only have seven days to do the quest. The nine days is from the start, like an event. Thought I should say, to those who haven't updated yet, you may not get the nine days. Could just be a bug for me but I doubt it.
Penstroker
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Penstroker »

MissTiquelle wrote:
Perturbee wrote:
Huaca Flora wrote:
Perturbee wrote:
MissTiquelle wrote:Can someone clarify for me please. I have not updated yet. If I do update, will this quest start at 9 days or have I already lost time? Not sure whether to update yet...
The timer starts when you start the updated game. But... We don't know if or how long it'll take before the initial "event" disappears.
You mean that after two weeks (for example) the quest won't even show up anymore when you update? That happened with Christmas events etc.?
In early november they start a new quest. They say you have to complete the Book of Spells quest, but not the Night of the Candy Monsters quest...
It is a possibility, since this doesn't look like a normal quest. I suspect it might not show if you update after Halloween. So yes, like the Christmas/NYE events.

"Saved by the Spell" is a quest leading into the Potion Brewing hobby (which is -of course- another 7 days grinding event).

I have just updated my game. Thank God I did it now, as I only have seven days to do the quest. The nine days is from the start, like an event. Thought I should say, to those who haven't updated yet, you may not get the nine days. Could just be a bug for me but I doubt it.
It's not just you. I also just updated my game today and I only have seven days to finish the quest. :(
alsie27
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alsie27 »

Now it seems that if I have five idle Sims on a lot, I can usually only make four of them collect candy. The fifth monster won't respond to tapping and will run away instead. Letting Sims finish on their own will randomly give 2 or 3 candies. So weird. I've collected 55/100. It'll be a while...
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

I just updated and have less than 7 days to do the quest.

It looks like the quest ends on Halloween; if you update after 31 October you will NOT get this quest.

(On the plus side, it works fine on my iOS 6)
PrincessTilly
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by PrincessTilly »

I've read through this thread and it makes me really nervous about the collecting candy. I have noticed that I can only get ten monsters to show up at a time. Five at my starter lot and five at the mall. I'm also hoping my making multiple sims pick up candy that it doesn't decrease my chances of getting more candy at a time. Ugh I want the costumes so bad!
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

I have 6 days and some hours from updating, but I didn't have to wait between sections till I got caught up. I used a lot of LPs to catch up. I found that it's better to use the LPs on the candy collecting because then you get the maximum amounts of candy, rather than speeding up the times of other parts of the quest. The monsters count against the number of people that can come to a house so I couldn't whistle people over, I had to set my sims up ahead of time. I only get 1 candy if I don't use LPs.
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update
679GeetA
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by 679GeetA »

I have had up to 8 Sims collecting candy in u2 different houses. I used LP to speed up the collecting some of the time and I noticed I got more candies when I used LP. When the time interval for completing the collecting was 2 hours 20 minutes, I waited 21 minutes so the time left on the countdown clock was 1 hour 59 minutes and then it only took 1 LP to finish the task. Thus I used 5 LP and got 25 candies at one house in just over 20 minutes with 5 Sims collecting candy. I could never get more than 5 Sims collecting at any one house and only two houses where there were monsters at any one time.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

For some reason when I used just 1 l.p. to speed up the candy collecting, I got 6 candies. When I used 2 l.p.s, I got 5. I am so glad to be past that part. I now have three days to finish the final part of the quest. If I hadn't sped up the quest line, I would have had only 20 hours for that last section.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

what's the maximum candy collectors at a time? The most I got is 8 collectors split into 2 or 3 houses.
Smootie_Pops
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Smootie_Pops »

playsims wrote:what's the maximum candy collectors at a time? The most I got is 8 collectors split into 2 or 3 houses.
It seems as though it varies for users depending on various criteria or randomness for players.