[QUEST] Night of the Candy Monsters

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: [QUEST] Night of the Candy Monsters

Post by telemwill »

I am in a quandary as I finally have the Frankenstein monster costume I have always wanted for Herman Munster. However, if I use it, I can't have the hair he currently has, as it is no longer in the game. I may have to introduce a long lost relative.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
whoviandragon
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by whoviandragon »

mockingbird288z wrote:
whoviandragon wrote: Ah, okay. Like the Thanksgiving and Christmas event quests. Now I understand. Don't worry, the costumes weren't that big a deal for me to update, mainly the GP saving feature is what's going to make me update.
I can't say for 100% that is what it is either. Maybe it's an update-specific limited time event. Something you will be able to do as long as you update to Monsters and Magic but if you skip the update you won't get it. Hopefully for you, and others, that is the case! I have messaged the Sims FreePlay Facebook page and asked them directly what this quest is but I am not holding my breath for a response.
I am just as confused as you are, and the other holiday quests are as similar as we can get right now. An update specific quest sounds interesting, and definitely is a new type of quest. Yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath getting a response from them, at least not promptly.
INACTIVE ACCOUNT! ANY NEW POSTS AFTER 2/6/2020 ARE NOT FROM ME!

Hobby items across from Police Station!
Don't update anymore.

Courage cannot erase our fear. Courage is when we face our fears. - Davey Jacobs, Newsies
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

mockingbird288z wrote:
Indignitory wrote:Any idea why I get only one candy from each scare? Or can it be because I used 3 sims at the same time hoping to finish the quest faster... I'm at part1 and I'm worried what will I do to 2nd part when I need to collect so many more candies and got no lps...
Like you, I used three sims at first to collect the candy. After viewing your post I added two more just in case. When my first three simmers were done they had only collected 1 candy each as well. :?
This happened again to me! I had 5 sims collecting candy for the second set of goals (where we need 30 pieces) and when they were done instead of getting 4 pieces they got 2! I was worried about this happening so every time I added a new sim I would save my game to the cloud and speed a sim up to see how many pieces they got. They always got 4 so I wasn't concerned. But when they were actually done with the task they all only got 2 pieces. :x I'm dreading having to look for 175 candies.

Also, do the purple candy monsters count as sims in the lot limit? I only have 5 sims at one house and 5 more monsters running around but when I tried to get more sims to the lot to collect candy I get the "house too crowded pop-up". Also, in my game it takes a lot longer than 5 minutes for more purple monsters to show up when I don't have any running around.

This has become quite the frustrating quest.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

mockingbird288z wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:
Indignitory wrote:Any idea why I get only one candy from each scare? Or can it be because I used 3 sims at the same time hoping to finish the quest faster... I'm at part1 and I'm worried what will I do to 2nd part when I need to collect so many more candies and got no lps...
Like you, I used three sims at first to collect the candy. After viewing your post I added two more just in case. When my first three simmers were done they had only collected 1 candy each as well. :?
This happened again to me! I had 5 sims collecting candy for the second set of goals (where we need 30 pieces) and when they were done instead of getting 4 pieces they got 2! I was worried about this happening so every time I added a new sim I would save my game to the cloud and speed a sim up to see how many pieces they got. They always got 4 so I wasn't concerned. But when they were actually done with the task they all only got 2 pieces. :x I'm dreading having to look for 175 candies.

Also, do the purple candy monsters count as sims in the lot limit? I only have 5 sims at one house and 5 more monsters running around but when I tried to get more sims to the lot to collect candy I get the "house too crowded pop-up". Also, in my game it takes a lot longer than 5 minutes for more purple monsters to show up when I don't have any running around.

I haven't noticed the lower candy count myself yet (still a few more to test).

Monsters do count against the total sims on the lot which is idiotic, but okay. As for getting new ones quicker, set the view on another lot and exit the game through the home button on your device. After 5 mins new ones should appear in the viewed lot. This triggered 5 new ones at a time quite often yesterday!

Yes, this candy collecting is extremely frustrating.
mockingbird288z

Perturbee wrote:

Monsters do count against the total sims on the lot which is idiotic, but okay. As for getting new ones quicker, set the view on another lot and exit the game through the home button on your device. After 5 mins new ones should appear in the viewed lot. This triggered 5 new ones at a time quite often yesterday!

Thank you Cathy for the tip in getting the monsters to appear, however it didn't work for me. :( I went to a new lot, exited the game through the home button, waited 6 minutes for good measure, opened my game and nada. No purple candy monsters. I'm trying it again and waiting 10 minutes. Or does it have to be exactly 5?

It is completely idiotic that the monsters count against the total sims on a lot.
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

mockingbird288z wrote:
Perturbee wrote:

Thank you Cathy for the tip in getting the monsters to appear, however it didn't work for me. :( I went to a new lot, exited the game through the home button, waited 6 minutes for good measure, opened my game and nada. No purple candy monsters. I'm trying it again and waiting 10 minutes. Or does it have to be exactly 5?

It is completely idiotic that the monsters count against the total sims on a lot.
No, it doesn't have to be exactly 5 mins. I was watching TV last night while doing it and most of the attempts were between 5 and 10 mins or so. One town was rather difficult though, giving only one at a time, but the two others did behave like this. I did notice that keeping the game open and watching it for new monsters caused only one or two to appear after about 5 mins. I haven't found any consistency in it yet.
mockingbird288z

Perturbee wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:

No, it doesn't have to be exactly 5 mins. I was watching TV last night while doing it and most of the attempts were between 5 and 10 mins or so. One town was rather difficult though, giving only one at a time, but the two others did behave like this. I did notice that keeping the game open and watching it for new monsters caused only one or two to appear after about 5 mins. I haven't found any consistency in it yet.
Waiting 10 minutes didn't get me any monsters and neither did waiting 15 minutes. I also tried it on my Android - waiting 5 minutes hasn't gotten me any monsters and, thinking even one or two monsters would be nice, I kept that game open and watching for monsters while waiting on my iPad game. Still no monsters from that either. As I can't keep waiting anymore right now I'll just have to suffice with the sims I have currently collecting candies. Maybe by some miracle when they are done they'll have collected 4 candies each. I don't look forward to another round of candy collecting when I wake up. :(

Thank you for all your help!
Jan Klaas
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Jan Klaas »

Am i the only one? With the halloween update i lost my platium life orbs in the inventory. I had not decided yet to sell or to save.
Now the only thing to do with them is to save my sims, but that means no baby's and so on
I reallly do not know what to do now

Maybe to late, but knowing this would have had me deciding not to update.
Dellie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Dellie »

Jan Klaas wrote:Am i the only one? With the halloween update i lost my platium life orbs in the inventory. I had not decided yet to sell or to save.
Now the only thing to do with them is to save my sims, but that means no baby's and so on
I reallly do not know what to do now

Maybe to late, but knowing this would have had me deciding not to update.
The orbs are still there. You can see them when you attempt to pause a Sim. FM claim the inventory tab missing is a bug. They are going to fix it.
GC delli_from_welli (MUST mention SFP Forum)
HFN 2 East Oceanside (includes some haunted items)
HH 1 Museum Boulevard
Castle 3 West Oceanside
Spaceship 3 Bliss Drive
Entertainment Complex 4 Bliss Drive
DAYCARE UPDATE
Huaca Flora
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Huaca Flora »

mockingbird288z wrote:Also, do the purple candy monsters count as sims in the lot limit? I only have 5 sims at one house and 5 more monsters running around but when I tried to get more sims to the lot to collect candy I get the "house too crowded pop-up".
Well, I am playing mostly at my haunted house, where six or seven sims were occupying the space. I saw 5 mini monsters appearing several times. But maybe I am wrong and there were only four. I would say, try a house with five sims on the plot and wait several times for the monsters to appear. Somehow there was only one or there were only five monsters showing up. If you are with more sims on the plot, then you'll probably know for sure if five monsters can appear or not :P
Absolutely.
Halloween Update

HFN: Bliss Drive 1 | Hotel Transymvania: Terra Drive 1 (haunted) | Home for the Elderly: Diver's Way 1 | Spa @ Home: West Side 20 | Sim Thermae: East Oceanside 2
Level: 55
Time zone: GMT+1