[QUEST] Night of the Candy Monsters

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Huaca Flora
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: [QUEST] Night of the Candy Monsters

Post by Huaca Flora »

mockingbird288z wrote:Thank you Cathy for the tip in getting the monsters to appear, however it didn't work for me. :( I went to a new lot, exited the game through the home button, waited 6 minutes for good measure, opened my game and nada. No purple candy monsters. I'm trying it again and waiting 10 minutes. Or does it have to be exactly 5?
Well, I closely watched the time. They appeared exactly every 5 minutes (and I also got six candies every time at part 4, five candies at part 3, etc.). But it is easy to miss the monster if you're not focussed on the entrance of the plot. At least I had that problem at big houses :lol: Sometimes the view moves to the monster as soon as it appears, but that was not always the case... And if I am right they also disappear after a short time, if you don't catch them (I thought I missed some of them :? I hope I am wrong about that).
Halloween Update

HFN: Bliss Drive 1 | Hotel Transymvania: Terra Drive 1 (haunted) | Home for the Elderly: Diver's Way 1 | Spa @ Home: West Side 20 | Sim Thermae: East Oceanside 2
Level: 55
Time zone: GMT+1
alsie27
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alsie27 »

mockingbird288z wrote: This happened again to me! I had 5 sims collecting candy for the second set of goals (where we need 30 pieces) and when they were done instead of getting 4 pieces they got 2! I was worried about this happening so every time I added a new sim I would save my game to the cloud and speed a sim up to see how many pieces they got. They always got 4 so I wasn't concerned. But when they were actually done with the task they all only got 2 pieces. :x I'm dreading having to look for 175 candies.
Ugh, I only got two as well while collecting the 30 candies. I had eight Sims on it and after the time was up they each got 2. And then some of the monsters ran away as I was trying to set more Sims on the task so now I have less than eight on it. I hope I can at least make new monsters appear before the 4 h 30 min is up again so I won't have to do yet another searching round (but it has been more than five minutes now and no new ones have appeared).
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

I only got two candies each as well. I didn't realize the monsters would reappear and couldn't find more. It took me three times to find enough candy.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
MissTiquelle
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by MissTiquelle »

Can someone clarify for me please. I have not updated yet. If I do update, will this quest start at 9 days or have I already lost time? Not sure whether to update yet...
Huaca Flora
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Huaca Flora »

MissTiquelle wrote:Can someone clarify for me please. I have not updated yet. If I do update, will this quest start at 9 days or have I already lost time? Not sure whether to update yet...
It will start at 9 days. I got 9 days when I updated yesterday.
Halloween Update

HFN: Bliss Drive 1 | Hotel Transymvania: Terra Drive 1 (haunted) | Home for the Elderly: Diver's Way 1 | Spa @ Home: West Side 20 | Sim Thermae: East Oceanside 2
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

MissTiquelle wrote:Can someone clarify for me please. I have not updated yet. If I do update, will this quest start at 9 days or have I already lost time? Not sure whether to update yet...
The timer starts when you start the updated game. But... We don't know if or how long it'll take before the initial "event" disappears.
Huaca Flora
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Huaca Flora »

Perturbee wrote:
The timer starts when you start the updated game. But... We don't know if or how long it'll take before the initial "event" disappears.
You mean that after two weeks (for example) the quest won't even show up anymore when you update? That happened with Christmas events etc.?
In early november they start a new quest. They say you have to complete the Book of Spells quest, but not the Night of the Candy Monsters quest...
Halloween Update

Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Huaca Flora wrote:
Perturbee wrote:
You mean that after two weeks (for example) the quest won't even show up anymore when you update? That happened with Christmas events etc.?
In early november they start a new quest. They say you have to complete the Book of Spells quest, but not the Night of the Candy Monsters quest...
It is a possibility, since this doesn't look like a normal quest. I suspect it might not show if you update after Halloween. So yes, like the Christmas/NYE events.

"Saved by the Spell" is a quest leading into the Potion Brewing hobby (which is -of course- another 7 days grinding event).
Huaca Flora
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Huaca Flora »

Perturbee wrote:It is a possibility, since this doesn't look like a normal quest. I suspect it might not show if you update after Halloween. So yes, like the Christmas/NYE events.
Hmmm, it would make sense though, if the quest disappears after Halloween.

I actually have another question; the costumes that we get during this quest and the ones that we get after completing it, will they remain in the wardrobe?
Halloween Update

Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Huaca Flora wrote:I actually have another question; the costumes that we get during this quest and the ones that we get after completing it, will they remain in the wardrobe?
They're not like the Xmas outfits we got temporarily every year, we unlock these with the quest parts. So I'd be royally upset if they dare to take them away afterwards.