All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Lavenderwitch519
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: [QUEST] Night of the Candy Monsters

Post by Lavenderwitch519 »

mockingbird288z wrote:
Lavenderwitch519 wrote:I found that when I was collecting candy that if I let them finish on their own that I got less candy per sim(2 candies) If I used lps instead I got more candy per sim(6 candies)
Yes, that's part of what's been discussed through the last 5-7 pages of this topic. Perturbee has already added a note about it on her blog page for the quest.
Sorry, have to admit I didn't read all the pages. :oops:
level 55
Holiday update
A pinch of cute & a handful of crazy! :mrgreen:
Simsational
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simsational »

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but using a 1-story house is beneficial, or multi-story but have the upper levels blocked off, as well as the basement. Also, make sure the idle Sims are on ground level before blocking other levels.

I had 5 idle Sims on a houseboat with firepoles, and scrambling to get some of the Sims down to ground level in time to collect before the monsters disappeared proved to be impossible. :x
Level 55 - Newest Update | HFN at 3 West Oceanside - LOADED (no ghosts) | Fireworks, Inc.
5 Haunted Houses (many ghosts) | 2 Potion Brewing Cauldrons @ 1 Firehouse Rd next to CC
+.jana.+
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by +.jana.+ »

Simsational wrote:Not sure if it's been mentioned, but using a 1-story house is beneficial, or multi-story but have the upper levels blocked off, as well as the basement. Also, make sure the idle Sims are on ground level before blocking other levels.

I had 5 idle Sims on a houseboat with firepoles, and scrambling to get some of the Sims down to ground level in time to collect before the monsters disappeared proved to be impossible. :x
The firepoles (or teleporters) are a problem as only one sim can use them at a time. Standard staircase should not cause this issue.
👉 GC ID: +.jana.+ (mention Sims in requests)
🏡 House for neighbors: Left bottom corner of town - house with fireworks
👻 Haunted house: Mystery island, at Riches of Terra monument
💰 Monuments bonus: 410XP/$465 +102% chance; Goddess fully upgraded
Smootie_Pops
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Smootie_Pops »

Simsational wrote:Not sure if it's been mentioned, but using a 1-story house is beneficial, or multi-story but have the upper levels blocked off, as well as the basement. Also, make sure the idle Sims are on ground level before blocking other levels.

Interesting...my monsters never ever disappeared. I had like 10 on my lot at once. After they first appeared, they ran around and then should stood idle until I scared them for candies.
Simsational
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simsational »

+.jana.+ wrote:

The firepoles (or teleporters) are a problem as only one sim can use them at a time. Standard staircase should not cause this issue.
Standard staircase does allow multiple Sims on it, but in my game the monsters start disappearing pretty quickly, so I have no choice but to make my situation as basic as possible. I hope others are having an easier time of it! :)
Level 55 - Newest Update | HFN at 3 West Oceanside - LOADED (no ghosts) | Fireworks, Inc.
5 Haunted Houses (many ghosts) | 2 Potion Brewing Cauldrons @ 1 Firehouse Rd next to CC
Smootie_Pops
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Smootie_Pops »

mockingbird288z wrote:I honestly have no idea and I don't feel comfortable telling you that you will be able to do it in November. While it's not like the Sleepwear event or the Christmas events where there is a definite end date to the quest and the timer for it at the least starts when you update....it just feels like an event quest to me.

For instance, there seems to be no requirement, the waiting between days has only been seen in event quests, and it is most definitely Halloween themed. Also,it's not been added to either the queued quest list or the discovery quest list on the FM website.

This quest confuses me completely. :?

Edit: Oh, and this quest doesn't unlock anything. Usually there is something you unlock (a hobby, a game feature) by doing the quests that are a permanent part of the game and the limited time prize is a bonus. Here there is just a limited time prize - there is nothing to unlock if you run out of time.
It is confusing as to what type of quest/event this part is because I checked the FM page and it's not listed as neither a main quest or discovery quest. :roll:
Smootie_Pops
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Smootie_Pops »

telemwill wrote:I am in a quandary as I finally have the Frankenstein monster costume I have always wanted for Herman Munster. However, if I use it, I can't have the hair he currently has, as it is no longer in the game. I may have to introduce a long lost relative.
Which hair are you currently using on your sim, if I may ask?
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Smootie_Pops wrote:
telemwill wrote:I am in a quandary as I finally have the Frankenstein monster costume I have always wanted for Herman Munster. However, if I use it, I can't have the hair he currently has, as it is no longer in the game. I may have to introduce a long lost relative.
Which hair are you currently using on your sim, if I may ask?
He has the hair that is in the last picture in this post.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Smootie_Pops
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Smootie_Pops »

mockingbird288z wrote: He has the hair that is in the last picture in this post.
Oh I see. Thanks for sharing.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Smootie_Pops wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote: He has the hair that is in the last picture in this post.
Oh I see. Thanks for sharing.
Yes, that's the one. I've kinda gotten used to him like that.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.