Views on VIP points

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
MimLady
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Views on VIP points

Post by MimLady »

I haven't had enough time to update to Monsters and Magic yet, but I've been reading everyones posts about the changes. It would seem this is the start of a two tier way of playing which was maybe hinted at in the EA surveys earlier this year. As someone who never spends real money on the Sims I can see that I won't be able to have any of the game content which you need VIP points for, if I've read the posts correctly? At this stage I'm not overly bothered (well, apart from the right to have 5 sims living at one house!) but I can imagine that might change. I would still be very unwilling to spend any money though.
I'm curious to know what anyone who has already updated thinks about the VIP points.
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Views on VIP points

Post by playsims »

I haven't spend any real money on this game either. I have been playing since April this year....almost daily. Already updated to Monsters. So far the VIP content does not interest me....thanks for that! I dont often change my sims' clothing either and there are still lots of clothing I have yet to buy. But no rush.

Currently I dont mind not having 5 sims in a house. A few of my sims live alone so as to minimize empty houses.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

I do spend money on the game from time to time, but there is nothing in the VIP system that makes me want to spend lots of it to gain levels. I spend 2 to 5 dollars on occasion and will probably continue to do so.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
minisaga
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by minisaga »

I don't really care about anything offered in the VIP bundles (though if you like to buy LP etc, I guess it's nice that it gives you a few extra), but the free cakes slices are very useful for keeping babies and toddlers fully inspired (like the singing salmon for preteens and up).
HFN is by the fire station.
+.jana.+
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by +.jana.+ »

I would like to see some really interesting things in the store to purchase. I already have the pool cleaner and the aquariums, but that's it. I'm not interested in buying simoleons. LPs - not for the price (maybe if the packages were 10x bigger I would give it a thought). SPs - no way, especially when you can get them much cheaper by purchasing (or gaining) LPs and planting the SP flower.

So - to consider any further purchases, I would want to see some special and useful items (like was the pool cleaner). E.g. a flower that would bring a random number of LPs or SPs or monument bonuses every 24 hrs. Or a new type of pet that you can put in your houses without being limited by 2 per household. Or just give us an option to put unlimited number of pets on a lot- I'm sure that many people would not hesitate and would purchase this! Anything - but may it be really useful. Set of brand swimsuits is not, to be honest.
👉 GC ID: +.jana.+ (mention Sims in requests)
🏡 House for neighbors: Left bottom corner of town - house with fireworks
👻 Haunted house: Mystery island, at Riches of Terra monument
💰 Monuments bonus: 410XP/$465 +102% chance; Goddess fully upgraded
Dellie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Dellie »

+.jana.+ wrote:Or just give us an option to put unlimited number of pets on a lot- I'm sure that many people would not hesitate and would purchase this! Anything - but may it be really useful. Set of brand swimsuits is not, to be honest.
I would love unlimited pets, but they'd need to remove the happiness meters. And if they haven't done it in the past because of the treasure the pets earn, I don't see why they can't just let the first two pets on a lot earn treasure, and turn it off for any additional.
GC delli_from_welli (MUST mention SFP Forum)
HFN 2 East Oceanside (includes some haunted items)
HH 1 Museum Boulevard
Castle 3 West Oceanside
Spaceship 3 Bliss Drive
Entertainment Complex 4 Bliss Drive
DAYCARE UPDATE
MissTiquelle
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by MissTiquelle »

I wish the VIP points backdated. I've already bought a few things from the store & there isn't much more I want to buy really... I've bought the packs I really want, there are a couple I might buy but yeah. They should put more things in the store because those of us who already have what we want cannot get any VIP points from packs and have enough currency already. I'd kinda like some of the outfits, plus five people in a house would be good. (Though for me I don't actually spend any real money b/c I get google play credits from google opinions, yay android :D).
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

MissTiquelle wrote:I wish the VIP points backdated. I've already bought a few things from the store & there isn't much more I want to buy really... I've bought the packs I really want, there are a couple I might buy but yeah. They should put more things in the store because those of us who already have what we want cannot get any VIP points from packs and have enough currency already. I'd kinda like some of the outfits, plus five people in a house would be good. (Though for me I don't actually spend any real money b/c I get google play credits from google opinions, yay android :D).
MissTiquelle, I too have purchased packs from the online store so...it would be great if FM would give us VIP based on those purchases but that doesn't ever seem likely. :roll:
MissTiquelle
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by MissTiquelle »

Butterfly wrote:
MissTiquelle, I too have purchased packs from the online store so...it would be great if FM would give us VIP based on those purchases but that doesn't ever seem likely. :roll:
I can hope... I even have Google play credit to spend atm but there isn't really much in the store I want now. Sigh. No perks for me for a while I guess.
Lishws720
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lishws720 »

MissTiquelle wrote:I wish the VIP points backdated. I've already bought a few things from the store & there isn't much more I want to buy really... I've bought the packs I really want, there are a couple I might buy but yeah. They should put more things in the store because those of us who already have what we want cannot get any VIP points from packs and have enough currency already. I'd kinda like some of the outfits, plus five people in a house would be good. (Though for me I don't actually spend any real money b/c I get google play credits from google opinions, yay android :D).
I don't know about Android, because I play on my iPad with OS9, but with the recent update, I got curious and started a game from scratch. As I always do when I start a new game, I went into the menu, clicked on the lower left button which I think looks like ..., and tapped on "restore purchases". I got up to VIP level 4 instantly because of past purchases such as the stairs and elevator pack, starter pack, haunted mansion, etc. If you can restore purchases on the Android platform, you might get some VIP goodies. I really like the sparkly dresses and shoes!
AliciaWS720 on Game Center: §418 mil town value, VIP 10, level 55. Started as a new game during the DIY update. Special thanks to all of you very creative people on this forum for inspiration in designing houses!

My game is fully updated on iOS.