Views on VIP points

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
MissTiquelle
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Views on VIP points

Post by MissTiquelle »

Lishws720 wrote:I don't know about Android, because I play on my iPad with OS9, but with the recent update, I got curious and started a game from scratch. As I always do when I start a new game, I went into the menu, clicked on the lower left button which I think looks like ..., and tapped on "restore purchases". I got up to VIP level 4 instantly because of past purchases such as the stairs and elevator pack, starter pack, haunted mansion, etc. If you can restore purchases on the Android platform, you might get some VIP goodies. I really like the sparkly dresses and shoes!
On my current game if I click it it says all my purchase are already restored/available. If I created a new game I could restore them but I like my current game. I'll buy stuff eventually to level up, just won't be any time soon!
Huaca Flora
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Huaca Flora »

MissTiquelle wrote:On my current game if I click it it says all my purchase are already restored/available. If I created a new game I could restore them but I like my current game. I'll buy stuff eventually to level up, just won't be any time soon!
I was just wondering what will happen if I push the 'restore purchases' button! But the answer is nothing. Too bad :P
Halloween Update

HFN: Bliss Drive 1 | Hotel Transymvania: Terra Drive 1 (haunted) | Home for the Elderly: Diver's Way 1 | Spa @ Home: West Side 20 | Sim Thermae: East Oceanside 2
Level: 55
Time zone: GMT+1
julz21
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by julz21 »

When I first saw the VIP addition, I thought "wow, another complicated thing added to an already complicated game!" And looking through the perks, I'm thinking there's really nothing here that interests me except maybe the dresses. However at this point, there is nothing in the online store that justifies me spending $19.99 just to get those 100 VIP points to get those dresses. I agree with others here who have mentioned what they'd like to see added to the online store such as unlimited pets (without the happiness meter, of course) and other interesting, useful things. Personally, I would like to see things that I was not able to unlock before such as escalators, magic broom, reindeer, tricycle, and some Christmas items such as the doll house, couch, table, wishing well. These items added, I would spend some real money for those VIP points. :)
AutumnIris
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by AutumnIris »

They could use new store content. Would love if they added some items from past quests or odd packs to the store. I got most of my points by restoring my past purchases and then used a little of my money and credit I collected from surveys to level up to 4. VIP currently adds very little and doesn't seem worth it for the amount it costs, unless you can get past purchases restored. I'm thinking VIP will have new features at some point, but it's anyone's guess how useful they will be.
GC: Lost in Literature

SP house: on Island boat with SP on roof.
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

AutumnIris wrote:They could use new store content. Would love if they added some items from past quests or odd packs to the store. I got most of my points by restoring my past purchases and then used a little of my money and credit I collected from surveys to level up to 4. VIP currently adds very little and doesn't seem worth it for the amount it costs, unless you can get past purchases restored. I'm thinking VIP will have new features at some point, but it's anyone's guess how useful they will be.
Did you have to start a brand new game? I tried restoring my purchases, but it says my purchases have already been restored.
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

I like the idea of the 5 sims/house but I've already bought everything I want from the store. I think the Addis pack is the only thing that's left for me to buy (I can't check because I can't get into my game right now). I do ocassionally buy a few LP for quests but at the rate I buy them it will take forever to get to level 5.

I'm another who wishes that they'd put some of the limited stuff on sale in the store. There are several things from old quests and such that I'd be willing to pay a buck or two to have in the game. I'd love to have the Chritmas sweaters back for example. Also because I'm probably going to miss the Sleepwear Event redux, I'd snap up PJ packs so fast it'd make everyone's heads spin! And I always feel bad for the folks who've missed out on stuff by joining the game late and so it would be cool if they had a chance to get the things they missed. Yeah, it sucks that they'd have to spend real money on it but some of it might be worth it for them.

On the whole, I think the VIP program is a nifty idea even if the perks are a bit lackluster but that mostly it's just a major money-grab by EA/FM.
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
Deedee
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Deedee »

Having spent over $75 in the last six months on in-game purchases for this game I should already BE a VIP and I think it sux that I don't get any recognition for it at all.

Oh I know - I could spend $100 or maybe $150 and then they can offer A) Nothing I truly want or B) yank the game altogether any time they want, leaving me with nothing. No thanks.
AutumnIris
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by AutumnIris »

Butterfly wrote:[Did you have to start a brand new game? I tried restoring my purchases, but it says my purchases have already been restored.
No, but I've heard of people have been unable to restore purchases on games they already have the items on. I already had the items on my game when I tried restoring it. It's strange mine worked and others didn't. I don't know what all factors into it. It could because I got the items recently at that point (about a month and a half before VIP) or because I switch devices I play on often. I'm not sure why, but I was surprised when it worked.

I've created a new game to test restoring packs for VIP points, and was able to get both the items and VIP points, so it does work. I don't think it's worth restarting your game though.
GC: Lost in Literature

SP house: on Island boat with SP on roof.
Huaca Flora
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Huaca Flora »

I have never bothered to take a look at the VIP Perks. Today I did. And now I feel depressed :P

It seems that FM increased the perks up to VIP level 15. At VIP level 13 a "City Smart Styles" pack will become available (see the picture below), which looks really awesome. You "only" need 6,470 VIP points, which means I have to pay 13 times a €100,00 (ca 110 dollars) pack!!! :shock: :cry: This is INSANE! For the highest level you need 11,970 VIP points. See the picture below for all the perks. There are some great things among the perks, like the additional sims per town, time extensions, the collect revenue button, ...and the daily momument resource - whatever that may be - but I will NEVER pay so much money for a fr**king game!
Attachments
IMG_1987.jpg
VIP_Perks.png
Halloween Update

HFN: Bliss Drive 1 | Hotel Transymvania: Terra Drive 1 (haunted) | Home for the Elderly: Diver's Way 1 | Spa @ Home: West Side 20 | Sim Thermae: East Oceanside 2
Level: 55
Time zone: GMT+1
Meriste
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Meriste »

It's the really pretty mid-length skirts I want the most from VIP level 13. I will never be able to afford them.

When will they see that most people are not crazy and/or rich enough to plop a thousand dollars or more for a mobile game!?
GC: Sambacine
FB: Link here. (Please mention this forum.)
HFN: 1 Terra Drive (Haunted items included. Please tell of anything missing.)
HHs: 3 East Side, 2 Bliss Docks, Volcano View
Pocket-Sized Princess Update