[Quest] A Christmas Chill (3 days)

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
mockingbird288z

Re: [QUEST] A Christmas Chill

Post by mockingbird288z »

Deedee wrote:If I haven't updated yet, is it too late to start this quest from Day 1?
I just updated my main game and I got the full 3 days to do the quest. And when running through the quest real quick I didn't have to do any waiting between day 1 and day 2 but I did have to wait between day 2 and 3. So I think it is like the Night of the Candy Monsters quest where if you start earlier than 3 days before the end date you get the full 3 days but if you start within 3 days of the end date you start with whatever time is left. Unfortunately we don't know when the end date is. But I think it is fairly soon.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Deedee
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Deedee »

Thank you so much!

Well I didn't do Night of the Candy Monsters... because I didn't care about the reward. I don't care about this one either but I really want the wallpapers and other Xmas items (just don't care about clothes much) so maybe if I wait for the next quest I can skip this one. I can't really remember if that's possible tho.
mockingbird288z

It's definitely possible to skip this quest and still be able to do the next quest. :) If all you want is the Xmas items and wallpapers then you have 23 (or is it 22 now?) days to update before those items are gone.
Deedee
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Deedee »

Oh! They are not part of a quest? LOL I am such a newb!!

Thanks once again!!! xoxo
mockingbird288z

Deedee wrote:Oh! They are not part of a quest? LOL I am such a newb!!

Thanks once again!!! xoxo
In previous years they were a part of the quest but not this year. The Xmas items are just for sale in the home store!
simgrrl
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by simgrrl »

mockingbird288z wrote:Okay, it looks like the toddler hats are unlocked on Day 3 and not Day 2 like it says during the quest.

I've put pics of all the clothes in here.
Finished the last goals and hats are now on my wardrobe! :D
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

mockingbird288z wrote:
LovemySims wrote:I'll be finishing day 2 very shortly. I don't really want to pay LP to skip the waiting but I'm curious if I don't use the LP then will I run out of time? Does the clock get stopped until the wait is over?
I'm still waiting the time away for day 3 to start and the timer keeps ticking away during the wait. :( I'll still have 24 hours and 7 minutes to do the last day and that was with leaving the game for 4 hours while I went to dinner on the 12 minute "upload carol video". I've only used 3 LP on this quest so I haven't been speeding up a lot of time. I think you will be okay!
Oh that's not fair at all! :(
Weirdly I didn't have to wait as my day 3 started straight after my day 2 finished. I thought it was because I'd done it after midnight? :?
Huaca Flora
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Huaca Flora »

mockingbird288z wrote:Do the hats look like this and are after the VIP hats?
No, I meant these hats:

But I am probably mistaken :oops: It's been a long time since I put winter clothing on my sims :lol: (except for one house)
Apparently the new toddler hats show up after completing day 3.
Halloween Update

HFN: Bliss Drive 1 | Hotel Transymvania: Terra Drive 1 (haunted) | Home for the Elderly: Diver's Way 1 | Spa @ Home: West Side 20 | Sim Thermae: East Oceanside 2
Level: 55
Time zone: GMT+1
mockingbird288z

simgrrl wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:Okay, it looks like the toddler hats are unlocked on Day 3 and not Day 2 like it says during the quest.

I've put pics of all the clothes in here.
Finished the last goals and hats are now on my wardrobe! :D
Great!! :)
mockingbird288z

LovemySims wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:
LovemySims wrote:I'll be finishing day 2 very shortly. I don't really want to pay LP to skip the waiting but I'm curious if I don't use the LP then will I run out of time? Does the clock get stopped until the wait is over?
I'm still waiting the time away for day 3 to start and the timer keeps ticking away during the wait. :( I'll still have 24 hours and 7 minutes to do the last day and that was with leaving the game for 4 hours while I went to dinner on the 12 minute "upload carol video". I've only used 3 LP on this quest so I haven't been speeding up a lot of time. I think you will be okay!
Oh that's not fair at all! :(
Weirdly I didn't have to wait as my day 3 started straight after my day 2 finished. I thought it was because I'd done it after midnight? :?
It probably was because you did it after midnight. I finished day 2 a couple of hours before midnight and the time I had to wait almost matched up to when midnight would be, it wasn't exact but it was pretty close. And I only had to wait 13 minutes between day 1 and day 2, I think I was pretty close to midnight then, as well.