[Quest] A Christmas Chill (3 days)

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
Mitzki
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: [QUEST] A Christmas Chill

Post by Mitzki »

Thanks for the info. And shame nothing for the seniors or babies to wear. Guess their trying to say: Keep them inside because why should they enjoy going outside in the cold to play. :D
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

Had finished my Day 1 task around 7:00pm our time. Got a message that I have to wait for about 5 hours before I could resume Part II. That's about midnight. :(
I wonder if I just waited until the next day maybe around 7:00am to start the Day 2 tasks, will that start the 24hour count? or will I be losing 7 hours?
kelline
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by kelline »

you'll miss 7 hours..
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

playsims wrote:Had finished my Day 1 task around 7:00pm our time. Got a message that I have to wait for about 5 hours before I could resume Part II. That's about midnight. :(
I wonder if I just waited until the next day maybe around 7:00am to start the Day 2 tasks, will that start the 24hour count? or will I be losing 7 hours?
I skipped waiting By paying 10 LPs.
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

Will wait until to the last long task.

But I am guessing that I will still be good for the Prize even if I finish Day 2 tasks at more than 24 hours. I saw my time remaining at 2 days when I started the 2nd day tasks at Midnight...Yeah I am a bit crazy on that...Day 3 tasks will take only less than 1/2 day. I presume that as long as I finish everything within the 3 days allotment, I can still get the prizes....Hope I am not wrong on that assumption. I would just hate to miss them.
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

Does this happen to others? The "Use Camera in the Park" task finished by itself swiftly. Dont know what exactly I did to make that happen. But that give me a good 5 hours more. Need only less than an hour to finish Day 2 tasks by midnight. But at least it will now only cost me 1 LP to speed up the last major task. :D :D :D
simgrrl
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by simgrrl »

I read comments on youtube that they got toddler hats after completing day 2 tasks but I can't seem to find them in my wardrobe. Is anyone else experiencing this?
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

simgrrl wrote:I read comments on youtube that they got toddler hats after completing day 2 tasks but I can't seem to find them in my wardrobe. Is anyone else experiencing this?
The quest does say "Complete the second set of goals to receive a selection of stylish new Winter Hats and Clothing for your Adult, Toddler, and Teen Sims" so you should have some toddler hats.

Have you checked the Hats section of the wardrobe? I sometimes forget that's there and look for the hats in the Hair section like they were before the Mall update. I've got a few goals left for the second day so I've not unlocked them myself.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

playsims wrote:Does this happen to others? The "Use Camera in the Park" task finished by itself swiftly. Dont know what exactly I did to make that happen. But that give me a good 5 hours more. Need only less than an hour to finish Day 2 tasks by midnight. But at least it will now only cost me 1 LP to speed up the last major task. :D :D :D
It happened to me, too. It could be a glitch or it could be tinkering on FM's part to make the quest a little easier. It seems they always forget the time limit they put on quests when coming up with the times for the goals.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

I'd think it was planed to complete instantly and then start the carol-task right away, so day 2 has tasks for about 21 hours.
Though, it's still difficult for players who can't be in the game after completing every single task.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.0
iOS 17.3.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View