[QUEST] The Styles of Time (Time Capsule)

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
AkshayaHH
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: [QUEST] The Styles of Time

Post by AkshayaHH »

From what I heard it wasn't "real time traveling" meaning changing the date, but rather "adjusting" the time zone. This has been safe for years now and I still consider it safe, but *not* for rushing through quests that actually would start only a few hours(!) later. Could be the game checked the location in between the goals and was like "oh, time zone and location isn't fitting, lets punish the player", who knows.

In all of my many tests there was no bug, but when I checked with another time zone the bug came up. So just patiently wait and only use the time zone for short goals, as always recommended.
Owner of the German SFP Guide and German SFP forum sfpforum.de
nogard0
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Location: alexandria, va, usa, earth, solar system, milky way galaxy, universe, dimension (name)???

Post by nogard0 »

did we get advance notice of the styles of time ? it started without any notice. i usually close spoof@paypal.com to ignore ones with a y/n start . but this pop .
SFP tv ~ 41,435,102
im nothing but empty shell
(i took out my brain so people couldnt read my mind)

nothing is over the rainbow but very thin air !

u post pics.
GC nogard0
FB sue.donim.144
cant visit FB TVs below §200m

64 GB iPad 4/Air iOS 9.2
AkshayaHH
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by AkshayaHH »

nogard0 wrote:did we get advance notice of the styles of time ? it started without any notice. i usually close spoof@paypal.com to ignore ones with a y/n start . but this pop .
No notice, no Y/N.
Owner of the German SFP Guide and German SFP forum sfpforum.de
chin13
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by chin13 »

Does this quest must be completed within the time in order to get the new hairstyles?
Hayley95
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Hayley95 »

chin13 wrote:Does this quest must be completed within the time in order to get the new hairstyles?
Yes it has a time limit of 6 days.
GC: Cool Cats 1431 (please mention forum in request)
HFN: Starter house (includes dog, cat, firepole, oven fire and 3 star items)
Teen idol mansion: #2 Terra drive
Haunted house: #6 East side
Level 55
Lyla L
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Lyla L »

chin13 wrote:Does this quest must be completed within the time in order to get the new hairstyles?
I think it's like the Winter Wonderland Quest with prizes every 2 days this time. So if you don't finish the last set of goals you won't get the last hairstyle, but you could still potentially get the other 2 styles if you finish those days.
FB: https://facebook.com/make2tv
HFN: #1 Museum Boulevard
Pictures of my town @ simslanding.tumblr.com | instagram.com/simslanding
Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Rosie »

mockingbird288z wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:There is a MAJOR glitch with this quest!! You can get to the last set of goals to get the last (of three) hairstyles and the hairstyles aren't shown or rewarded for the last set of goals!!

The advice going around Facebook is to save your game to the cloud before starting so that if you get to the last set of goals (day 5 and 6) and don't get the hairstyles you reset your game and try again. Maybe saving on Day 4 will work. I'm not sure because I haven't started the quest yet.

The only other way to fix it is to use a time extension you get from VIP levels. Do it on Day 5 and it will add an extra 24 hours to your timer and the 3rd hairstyles will show up at the bottom of the task thing and you will be able to unlock them when you complete the quest.

We can also post like crazy to the Official Sims FreePlay facebook page but they are for sure on holiday right now and won't be much of a help. Although, this is pretty serious.
I wouldn't worry too much about this happening. Some of the people it's been happening to on Facebook have admitted to time travelling. :? Maybe that's not the only way for this to happen but...it looks like that is the common link. Just a big reminder of why changing the date on your device is not a good idea!
I never change the time on my tablet anymore since I heard that it can cause problems. I don't ever save to my cloud either. Do you think I will be OK? Maybe I should learn how to save it to cloud?? I'm at the end of day 1. Thanks!
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Rosie wrote: I never change the time on my tablet anymore since I heard that it can cause problems. I don't ever save to my cloud either. Do you think I will be OK? Maybe I should learn how to save it to cloud?? I'm at the end of day 1. Thanks!
You should be okay! As long as you don't change the date on your tablet anymore or change the time zone outside of 24 hours you will be fine. :)

I still think you should learn to save your game to the cloud as lots of things can go wrong in general and it's always nice to know your game is still safe. You can read about cloud saves here.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Rosie »

mockingbird288z wrote:
Rosie wrote: I never change the time on my tablet anymore since I heard that it can cause problems. I don't ever save to my cloud either. Do you think I will be OK? Maybe I should learn how to save it to cloud?? I'm at the end of day 1. Thanks!
You should be okay! As long as you don't change the date on your tablet anymore or change the time zone outside of 24 hours you will be fine. :)

I still think you should learn to save your game to the cloud as lots of things can go wrong in general and it's always nice to know your game is still safe. You can read about cloud saves here.
Thank You! :)
Misdiva007
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Misdiva007 »

Hey how do you reset your sims for your LPs?