[EVENT] Boutique Hair Event

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Lensky
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: [EVENT] Boutique Hair Event

Post by Lensky »

I started sims just last month. It was so difficult for me to complete the fashion design collection the first two times. I really hope I can finish this event since I really want new hairstyles for my sims. Any tips?
Game Center: lensky117
I'm still working on creating my HFN and everything else
sesinka
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by sesinka »

ErinPW wrote:
sesinka wrote: I found a sneak peak picture of the new hairstyles on a sims freeplay fan page, but I don't know if it's ok to post it here in the forum. There are two wavy styles and one with curls :)
It was a good decision not to post the pictures :)
We would have to remove them, as they are hacked content.
AHA! I'm getting wiser ! :D
Lensky wrote: Any tips?
Last time we had a long hair event I did it with 10 sims on one lot and I've finished in time. It was with 9 hairstyles again (as I was doing it for the first time and I haven't unlocked any styles previously).
I have 10 cooks in my town, I guess I'll leave one lvl 6 cook take a break and the other 9 will join my current fashion designer to work for those new hairs. 20 sims on one hobby seems like too much for me :)
Vampitch
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Vampitch »

I believe I had 4 sims doing the fashion hobby for the previous one. I got all hairstyles in one go. Was it a week, ten days they gave us? It was enough for me. But I'm very dedicated with these things. I log in exactly every 10 mins, and doing that the whole day everyday for like a week is quite demanding. But you can get the all things in time with less sims (if you have time in real life to do that :D)
Fairy update
Level 54. iOS. UTC +3.
Paused at seniors quest.
I am currently not accepting any neighbours for any games.
Sewandso
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Sewandso »

I'm going to use 20 sims and will have 10 working at each station I have set up, with the 10 minute option. I get impatient with events and want to get them over with as quickly and efficiently as possible! Even with only 10 sims working, the grid fills up fairly quickly.
Lensky
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Lensky »

Got it. Thanks for the tip. Although i'm pretty sure I won't be able to do the 10min option or even the 1hr option while I'm at work but I'm still hoping to get them all.

I just started the sunset mall quest. Can someone pls tell me if there will be a quest/event/hobby right after completing it that will require several sims as well? I really want to get as much of the prizes as I can without losing out on the long hair event. :))

Sorry have so many questions. But I really appreciate the help. :)
Game Center: lensky117
I'm still working on creating my HFN and everything else
sesinka
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by sesinka »

Lensky wrote: I just started the sunset mall quest. Can someone pls tell me if there will be a quest/event/hobby right after completing it that will require several sims as well? I really want to get as much of the prizes as I can without losing out on the long hair event. :))
When you finish the quest you can start cleaning up the mall and build the shops. When you clean up area 2 on the 1st floor you will get the option to build the catwalk modelling area and unlocking the catwalk modelling hobby for adults and teens. I think it's not time limited, you need to finish it because it unlocks other shops and when you complete the grid it unlocks the bowling area and the bowling hobby. The bowling hobby then unlocks the last 4 shops on the first floor and the juice bar (or the burger bar, not sure). When you're done with that you can go to the second floor, and you will have to do the "pretty little planters quest". Upstairs you have the makeup artist hobby and the fashion hunter hobby, they are both time limited. The mall is a lot of work and costs money and time, but there is no need to rush things on the 1st floor.
Lensky wrote:Sorry have so many questions. But I really appreciate the help. :)
No worries, that's what the forum is for :) just not sure if thats the right topic to discuss the mall, so maybe the comments will be moved to another topic by the moderators
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

You know, this is just too much for me. I am planning my life around a game. It's been fun, but I think I am ready to quit or at least take a break. It feels too much like a Zinga game for me.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
whoviandragon
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by whoviandragon »

Ugh, another time limited event. Does EA/FM not know balance? Yes, we want content. Yes most don't mind time limited events. But that doesn't mean we want the awesome new content only coming at us this way. I was so exhausted after the first three events that I completely disreguarded the new hobby then was severely disappointed when I heard I'd miss out on the animal onesies. (Not too important, and many will probably tell me they aren't that great, but they looked cool to me.)
Nevertheless, I'll be doing this one... call me a glutton for punishment, but if this is the only way to get long hair for Sims, I'll push through it again. Third hairstyle event for me :\ nothing new goal-wise it seems.
INACTIVE ACCOUNT! ANY NEW POSTS AFTER 2/6/2020 ARE NOT FROM ME!

Hobby items across from Police Station!
Don't update anymore.

Courage cannot erase our fear. Courage is when we face our fears. - Davey Jacobs, Newsies
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

I am back after a one year break, I took it mainly because of the ageing update that I did not like and because it was a very time consuming game if you wanted to be up to date with all items. Now that I'm playing again it seems like it's the same thing. Overall I think it's a very good game.
Pellaz
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Pellaz »

JakeSim wrote:I am back after a one year break, I took it mainly because of the ageing update that I did not like and because it was a very time consuming game if you wanted to be up to date with all items. Now that I'm playing again it seems like it's the same thing. Overall I think it's a very good game.
I didnt touch the game for almost a year because of the LD&L quest, came back only when I saw the fabulous DIY update, when it seemed like they started to listen to us. Then when I saw its even more time consuming than before, I went on another hiatus. I have exams right now and I study abroad, so I wont try hard with this event, to play when Im abroad is too expensive. If the game will stay like this, so time consuming and limited events overloaded, I think my next hiatus may be ultimate. Blimey, I used to love this game.