Dog Obedience Hobby

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
MayaRose
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Dog Obedience Hobby

Post by MayaRose »

I've only just now realised that I haven't done the Dog Obedience Hobby! The only problem is, I can't work out how to start it? Is it done at the Pet Park or can it be done anywhere? And does the sim have to be the owner of the dog??
GC name : MayaRose1138
HH & HFN: 1 & 2 Firehouse Rd
Music: 10 West Side. TV: $22mil
Firepole: 2 Bliss Docks
Animals: Volcano view

GC name: DragonStar249
HFN & HH: 2 & 3 Firehouse Rd
TV: $24mil
Other: same as game 1
SheilaB
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Dog Obedience Hobby

Post by SheilaB »

MayaRose wrote:I've only just now realised that I haven't done the Dog Obedience Hobby! The only problem is, I can't work out how to start it? Is it done at the Pet Park or can it be done anywhere? And does the sim have to be the owner of the dog??
Yes, the hobby is done at the pet park. Your sim does not have to be the dog owner. Buy your dog a collar and then send it to the pet park. Send a sim to the park and tap on the statue of the woman and dog to select the training action.
MayaRose
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by MayaRose »

Ahhh, okay :). I just thought that was a plain statue!

SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

The nice thing about this hobby is that you can have 4 people at a time doing it (so long as you have 4 dogs you can spare for it). :)
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

You can have up to 10 sims and their dogs doing this hobby at the same time. Seems this only limit is because of the limit to sims at any one location. :)
image.jpeg
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

My experience on 2 android devices and a Kindle is if I do more than 2 at once, often the extras won't complete properly. It seems like it's ok, but when you tap on the bubble it gets stuck and the only way to release your sim for further action is to cancel. You do not get the hobby prize when cancelling of course. Hope multiple sims works for others but just a heads up that if it happens to you, it will not be a one time thing and you might want to reduce the number doing the hobby.
MayaRose
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by MayaRose »

Thank you both for the info. I set four sims going because that's how many dogs I had collars on. No point in having too many while I'm going through the first time :). Thank you all for the information!!

mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Once I unlocked all 6 levels I put as many sims as I could spare on the dog obedience hobby, it was 8 the first time I went through it. I've completed it using 10 sims, as well. I've never experienced a sim stuck. All 8 (and then later 10) sims completed each session without a problem. :)

When it first was introduced Erin noted here that if there were any extra pets in the park it could interfere with the dog agility hobby. Could the same have happened here?
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

mockingbird288z wrote:You can have up to 10 sims and their dogs doing this hobby at the same time. Seems this only limit is because of the limit to sims at any one location. :)
image.jpeg
That's great! Thanks for the correction! :D I must have had too many other things going on at the pet park. :oops:
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)