All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Indignitory
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: [EVENT] Tropical Romance Island

Post by Indignitory »

[/img]
Orchidealna wrote:50 fruits cost ~10 SP, so I guess it doesn't matter, if we speed up the collecting or just use SP directly on the island, in case anyone wonders.

Yay, my island is nearly finished, I'm really glad but I'm a bit angry because I needn't have used the SP on spins. Either way it's fine. Now I'll probably have to save some LP for the woodworking event...

I can see the beach wear in a wardrobe if I browse it with [female at least] adult Sims, there are shoes, skirts and bras/shirts, I believe.
For me is not the same... So I think it matters what you chose. At the moment to finish the wedding venue I have everything except the passion fruits which are 623/1150 and cost 131sp to build it. I'm not great at math but if I'm not mistaken I need 527 more fruits which would cost less than 131sp if I speed up the collecting or..? If I speed up the collecting I use 100sp that gives 500fruits (+50 fruits bonus).
Orchidealna
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Orchidealna »

I guess the SP cost may scale in a weird way...
Indignitory
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Indignitory »

Indignitory wrote:[/img]
Orchidealna wrote:50 fruits cost ~10 SP, so I guess it doesn't matter, if we speed up the collecting or just use SP directly on the island, in case anyone wonders.

Yay, my island is nearly finished, I'm really glad but I'm a bit angry because I needn't have used the SP on spins. Either way it's fine. Now I'll probably have to save some LP for the woodworking event...

I can see the beach wear in a wardrobe if I browse it with [female at least] adult Sims, there are shoes, skirts and bras/shirts, I believe.
For me is not the same... So I think it matters what you chose. At the moment to finish the wedding venue I have everything except the passion fruits which are 623/1150 and cost 131sp to build it. I'm not great at math but if I'm not mistaken I need 527 more fruits which would cost less than 131sp if I speed up the collecting or..? If I speed up the collecting I use 100sp that gives 500fruits (+50 fruits bonus).
https://gyazo.com/2e21e6274d7443eb43e62683d7cf5212
Lopete07
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Lopete07 »

Thanks so much for the advice/counsel! I was very pleasantly surprised with what I was able to build given the timeframe, mostly because of the advice here. :D
Narset
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Narset »

Well, it's over. Wish we had known you would still be able to build stuff you've unlocked for 7 more days... Pretty crappy move, not telling us...
Scarletlocs
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Scarletlocs »

Is this event coming back? I didn't get the wedding venue or the bungalow.....
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Scarletlocs wrote:Is this event coming back? I didn't get the wedding venue or the bungalow.....
We have no idea if it will return.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
whoviandragon
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by whoviandragon »

I felt actual pain when I saw you could still build anything you unlocked, as long as you had enough fruit and coins. I spent 11 SP to speed up the Wedding Venue to insure the Mermaid pond thing would be in construction when the event expired. I almost built the entire island, to the point it came down to either the Wedding Venue or the Bungalow, but I missed my chances on doubling the passion fruit twice before the event ended which would've given me enough to get the Bungalow.

Oh well, at my Sims will have an actual wedding spot now, instead of standing around in their undecorated backyards. And yes, I'm forcing every Sim couple to have their weddings there, even if they wouldn't 'want' one. I checked in every five hours or so for nine Sims to break their backs for two weeks picking fruit, future generations are going to enjoy it whether they like it or not.
INACTIVE ACCOUNT! ANY NEW POSTS AFTER 2/6/2020 ARE NOT FROM ME!

Hobby items across from Police Station!
Don't update anymore.

Courage cannot erase our fear. Courage is when we face our fears. - Davey Jacobs, Newsies
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

I'm so sorry to everyone who couldn't finish this annoying and frustrating event. :(

I have some good news, I think...I started a new game today once the event was over to see if the place to build the boat was there or not and it was!

When I tapped on it it said the requirements were to reach level 11 and to "Wait for the next event". So, thankfully, it sounds like this event will return at some point. :)
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
whoviandragon
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by whoviandragon »

mockingbird288z wrote:I'm so sorry to everyone who couldn't finish this annoying and frustrating event. :(

I have some good news, I think...I started a new game today once the event was over to see if the place to build the boat was there or not and it was!

When I tapped on it it said the requirements were to reach level 11 and to "Wait for the next event". So, thankfully, it sounds like this event will return at some point. :)
That's good news. Maybe it will appear again near summer? It seems like it could have been used for a summer update, considering it's a vacation island, as well as Valentine's Day.
I did think it was odd that they would implement something like a location, and then you could only get it once ever. The barefoot thing from way before I played was one thing, but an entire island? That's a lot of coding for a one time event.
INACTIVE ACCOUNT! ANY NEW POSTS AFTER 2/6/2020 ARE NOT FROM ME!

Hobby items across from Police Station!
Don't update anymore.

Courage cannot erase our fear. Courage is when we face our fears. - Davey Jacobs, Newsies