[Community Event] Tropical Romance Island

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Mitzki
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: [EVENT] Tropical Romance Island

Post by Mitzki »

Narset wrote:Well, it's over. Wish we had known you would still be able to build stuff you've unlocked for 7 more days... Pretty crappy move, not telling us...
Yes, it would have been nice for Fire Monkeys to have told us before the clock begin to wound down on the last day of the event since I just stopped and let my sims go back to doing regular things then collecting more bananas to try to get those construction coins. Now I have no coins and can't off set the price for building the bungalow or wedding venue.

Blargh.

Aw well..if the event is repeated next year...hopefully they'll be more passion fruit and construction coins made available.
kowlabear
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by kowlabear »

I'm kind of sad cuz I had real world things to do and I wasn't able to get the wedding venue or bungalow but I think we will probably have a chance to do this again :)
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

mockingbird288z wrote:I'm so sorry to everyone who couldn't finish this annoying and frustrating event. :(

I have some good news, I think...I started a new game today once the event was over to see if the place to build the boat was there or not and it was!

When I tapped on it it said the requirements were to reach level 11 and to "Wait for the next event". So, thankfully, it sounds like this event will return at some point. :)
And the fruit plants are still there in the inventory under the event tab, I thought that if we get to keep them they would be placed under plants tab. Fruts are green haha
Orchidealna
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Orchidealna »

We can plant normal plants on Coin Flower Patches now. They are still purple [even when we are gardening on them].

The plants seem to be in a bit wrong place on them though.
Scarletlocs
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Scarletlocs »

mockingbird288z wrote:I'm so sorry to everyone who couldn't finish this annoying and frustrating event. :(

I have some good news, I think...I started a new game today once the event was over to see if the place to build the boat was there or not and it was!

When I tapped on it it said the requirements were to reach level 11 and to "Wait for the next event". So, thankfully, it sounds like this event will return at some point. :)

Thank you!!!!!
Narset
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Narset »

JakeSim wrote:

And the fruit plants are still there in the inventory under the event tab, I thought that if we get to keep them they would be placed under plants tab. Fruts are green haha
I noticed the green fruits, too! Pretty clever. I'm glad we are almost definitely getting a repeat (additional content hype?!).
garishplum
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by garishplum »

Has anyone seen the beachwear that the community won?
Level 55!
GC: garishplum
regis
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by regis »

Boo hoo I wasn't able to finish on time, although I was able to unlock every part of the island, I would have to spend hundreds of SPs!! Btw I can't see the beachwear anywhere, is it somewhere special besides the regular wardrobe?
pinkribbon
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by pinkribbon »

regis wrote:Boo hoo I wasn't able to finish on time, although I was able to unlock every part of the island, I would have to spend hundreds of SPs!! Btw I can't see the beachwear anywhere, is it somewhere special besides the regular wardrobe?
It's in the wardrobe. Maybe try restarting your device?
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

regis wrote:Boo hoo I wasn't able to finish on time, although I was able to unlock every part of the island, I would have to spend hundreds of SPs!! Btw I can't see the beachwear anywhere, is it somewhere special besides the regular wardrobe?
It's in the wardrobe, but not under swimwear. You can find them under tops, pants and shoes.