Easter Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Easter Update - Changes

Post by playsims »

There were 2 data updates for the Ios (in my case). Both around 70+mb. For my android device, only once but the download was for 176mb.
Huaca Flora
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Huaca Flora »

mudgenie wrote:I decided to bite the bullet and update. There is a weird thing that is happening to my games since updating.. If I hard close the game and then reopen it, it goes to the updating screen and spends awhile updating again, even though it was already updated. I wasn't sure if I had lost any progress or not. I had the same amount of LPs though. I'm not sure why my game is doing this. I'm playing on an iPhone and iPad and both devices have done it. Anyone else have this issue?
That is how it should be. First, you need to update the game via the App Store (at least for iOS) and secondly, the game will update itself (you will see an update progress bar).
Halloween Update

HFN: Bliss Drive 1 | Hotel Transymvania: Terra Drive 1 (haunted) | Home for the Elderly: Diver's Way 1 | Spa @ Home: West Side 20 | Sim Thermae: East Oceanside 2
Level: 55
Time zone: GMT+1
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

Huaca Flora wrote:
mudgenie wrote:I decided to bite the bullet and update. There is a weird thing that is happening to my games since updating.. If I hard close the game and then reopen it, it goes to the updating screen and spends awhile updating again, even though it was already updated. I wasn't sure if I had lost any progress or not. I had the same amount of LPs though. I'm not sure why my game is doing this. I'm playing on an iPhone and iPad and both devices have done it. Anyone else have this issue?
That is how it should be. First, you need to update the game via the App Store (at least for iOS) and secondly, the game will update itself (you will see an update progress bar).
No, I mean it updated and loaded like you said, then I played for an hour or so and then when I closed the game and started again, it had to load the game again through the update window. I am wondering if they put this feature in to be able to make more forceful changes in the game without us updating or if it's just a glitch.
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update
Ryuzakiryuuga
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Ryuzakiryuuga »

mudgenie wrote:
Huaca Flora wrote:
No, I mean it updated and loaded like you said, then I played for an hour or so and then when I closed the game and started again, it had to load the game again through the update window. I am wondering if they put this feature in to be able to make more forceful changes in the game without us updating or if it's just a glitch.
This happened to me too. I finished my first day quest, then..
I had to delete the app and reinstalled it again though.
Hayley95
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Hayley95 »

The Easter topiaries are available in the home store for free. There are 4 different types.
GC: Cool Cats 1431 (please mention forum in request)
HFN: Starter house (includes dog, cat, firepole, oven fire and 3 star items)
Teen idol mansion: #2 Terra drive
Haunted house: #6 East side
Level 55
Sunlight
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Sunlight »

yes, unbelievable, they are for free . They expect you to spend 70 LP on this easter egg basket and all of a sudden this generous offer on topiaries ? Hurry up, they may change their mind.:)
TV: 300 000 +
LVL.55
thirsty4souls
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by thirsty4souls »

I've bought 10 of each. Do you believe that would be enough? :lol:

Anyway, not that I am a fan of easter decoration, or really colorful and flowery (?) decoration for that matter... but hey, it's free :mrgreen:
~ I'm back ~ 🤪
Huaca Flora
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Huaca Flora »

Hayley95 wrote:The Easter topiaries are available in the home store for free. There are 4 different types.
Oh cool! :D I'm going to take a look tonight!
Sunlight wrote:yes, unbelievable, they are for free . They expect you to spend 70 LP on this easter egg basket and all of a sudden this generous offer on topiaries ? Hurry up, they may change their mind.:)
Yeah, that's... interesting. :P Well, at least they do something nice :-) They must have made them available because enough people submitted their architect home. I remember such an advertisement.
Halloween Update

HFN: Bliss Drive 1 | Hotel Transymvania: Terra Drive 1 (haunted) | Home for the Elderly: Diver's Way 1 | Spa @ Home: West Side 20 | Sim Thermae: East Oceanside 2
Level: 55
Time zone: GMT+1
Orchidealna
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Orchidealna »

It's pretty cool that there are 2 bunnies and 2 eggs to choose from. The greener bunnies could make a pretty nice hedge-like fence for an Easter-themed house, I guess, lol. I personally like the bunny with the pink flowers the most, I think, but it does have a bit too many flowers, in my opinion...
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by penlopej »

Thanks for info. I haven't seen any notification in the game. And yes, it's great that they are free. What a surprise.