[Seasonal Quest] Chocolate Egg Chase

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
mockingbird288z

Re: [QUEST] Chocolate Egg Chase

Post by mockingbird288z »

playsims wrote:
Narset wrote:
playsims wrote:Have a peep on youtube. FM is such a sadist making us look for more eggs each day. It's now 6 eggs for Day 3 & 10 for Day 4. It would not been so bad if we are assured of finding one on each try. Definitely a ploy to use up our LPs.
That is pretty obnoxious of them. We basically are forced to use LP anyway for this quest if we have a job that isn't conducive to playing the Sims and, you know, actually sleep.
Did you not know that FM thinks that we are also sims....No need to sleep just drink coffee?
To me it is not a surprise at all that we have to keep finding more eggs. It worked like this for the Halloween quest, too. We had to keep finding more candies. And the Egg Hunter's Case holds 20 eggs and we are told we will have to find them all. So I expected to have to get more each time. What frustrates me is limiting us to 3 sims searching.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

I dont remember using LPS or expecting to have a hard time catching up during the Halloween event.
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

mockingbird288z wrote:
Dellie wrote:
Miaow65 wrote:I just finished day 2 albeir a couple of hours after day 3 was meant to start but i havent got a day 3 ive got a wait for next day?
I finished day 2 yesterday, and the total wait time till the next time the quest will start was 1 day and 17 hours. I'm not sure why.
I had the same wait time for Day 3 and I posted about the wait time when I posted that I added Day 2 to the opening post. As I said earlier I believe it is to give us time to find the eggs since we can only have 3 sims searching and there isn't a guarantee of an egg each time.

I think for this quest it is better to think of the sections as "parts" instead of "days". There are 4 parts to this quest. And we have 7 days for the 4 parts. The wait for part 4 will also start at 2 days.

Maybe it is better to think of the wait times not as wait times but as they are so-and-so hours left for the part you just finished. Meaning we have 1 day to do Part 1, 2 days for Part 2, 2 Days for Part 3 and 2 Days for part 4 to be " on track".
That's a relief. Have I known earlier that Part2 is for 2 days, I would have save my LPS to speed up. Thanks.
JaneRoettinger
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by JaneRoettinger »

I've just got "Hug Cottontail" task but I can't find the bunny anywhere. I've checked all my houses and park but there is no Cottontail. Please help!
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

playsims wrote: That's a relief. Have I known earlier that Part2 is for 2 days, I would have save my LPS to speed up. Thanks.
Well, I posted this:
mockingbird288z wrote:I've added Day 2 to the opening post.

The wait time for Day 3 is two days after using LP to speed through Day 2. I guess that is to give us more time to search for the eggs because we can only have 3 sims looking for eggs at a time and we are not guaranteed an egg for every search.
almost two days ago, which was the earliest I could post it...

In general with quests that have different parts and wait times where you can't skip the wait times it's best to save LP until the last part.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
SimMutt
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SimMutt »

JaneRoettinger wrote:I've just got "Hug Cottontail" task but I can't find the bunny anywhere. I've checked all my houses and park but there is no Cottontail. Please help!
Have you been back to the house you last remember talking to him? I lost my Cottontail for ages at that exact same stage in the quest and was rushing round town trying to find him. Then remembered where I'd last seen him... He was still there.

Hope you find him!

In the meantime, if he is going to disappear, I think we must be careful with our saves, so we can go back to recover him if need be.
Lensky
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Lensky »

When does a day (in the event days counter) usually start? Is it like 12mn for everyone or like 12mn of one place so it differs for everyone. I'm actually quite behind since I've been busy and my net currently sucks. I've now finally reached the last part of day/part 2 where I watch cottontail. Just want to know if I'm still way behind or day/part 3 hasn't started yet and I can still catch up without hurrying up using LPs.
Game Center: lensky117
I'm still working on creating my HFN and everything else
JaneRoettinger
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by JaneRoettinger »

SimMutt wrote:Have you been back to the house you last remember talking to him? I lost my Cottontail for ages at that exact same stage in the quest and was rushing round town trying to find him. Then remembered where I'd last seen him... He was still there. Hope you find him!
Thanks. Finally I found him in one of houses where nobody of my sims lives. Strange...
Lensky wrote:When does a day (in the event days counter) usually start?
Mine starts at the time when I updated my game - at 1 p.m.
Lensky
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Lensky »

JaneRoettinger wrote:Mine starts at the time when I updated my game - at 1 p.m.
I don't even know when was mine updated. :( My ipod automatically downloaded the update. I was just surprised that there was a different app image. I had a feeling I was already behind even then. Oh well.. thanks for sharing. :)
Game Center: lensky117
I'm still working on creating my HFN and everything else
FreeasaButterfly
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by FreeasaButterfly »

MamaBear you're right. For some of us apparently there is a bug in the game. I also see the egg hunters case in decorations (as so many people felt the need to say over and over again) and it is also greyed and inaccessible and can't be loaded into the game. This needs to be addressed by EA.