[EVENT] Chocolatier Special Event

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: [EVENT] Chocolatier Special Event

Post by JakeSim »

I don't know about that notification you received but I think their notifications system does not work properly, I receive some saying to go and unlock the candy furniture even though the event is over and I have unlocked them all already.
About the house tabs try closing and reopening your game a couple of times, each time it will download some additional mini updates and you may need to turn off and on your device as well.
pandap4nts
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by pandap4nts »

JakeSim wrote:I don't know about that notification you received but I think their notifications system does not work properly, I receive some saying to go and unlock the candy furniture even though the event is over and I have unlocked them all already.
About the house tabs try closing and reopening your game a couple of times, each time it will download some additional mini updates and you may need to turn off and on your device as well.
Thanks for your reply. I'll definitely try restarting my device sooner than later; hard closing and re-opening the game hasn't effected it yet.

I attached a screenshot of the notification as received yesterday. To be honest I haven't spent time engaging with SFP today, but for posterity's sake, here is the correct wording of the announced event requiring chocolatier skills:
image.jpeg
Garage Update Gamecenter: pandap4nts 🐼
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

pandap4nts wrote:
JakeSim wrote:I don't know about that notification you received but I think their notifications system does not work properly, I receive some saying to go and unlock the candy furniture even though the event is over and I have unlocked them all already.
Thanks for your reply. I'll definitely try restarting my device sooner than later; hard closing and re-opening the game hasn't effected it yet.

I attached a screenshot of the notification as received yesterday. To be honest I haven't spent time engaging with SFP today, but for posterity's sake, here is the correct wording of the announced event requiring chocolatier skills:
image.jpeg
Take a look here
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3741
amberkat
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by amberkat »

Got my missing chocolate fountain by finishing the 1 grid I missed it out by last time :)
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

amberkat wrote:Got my missing chocolate fountain by finishing the 1 grid I missed it out by last time :)
Congratulations! Always feels great.
a_strange_occurrence
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by a_strange_occurrence »

This was my first event and I didn't even think to use LPs. I had 4 sims working near continuously to build up the 12 piece collection .... only to realize that that would only win me the first prize pack. I'd have to start all over again for the next one!

So obviously there isn't any way to get all the prize packs without using LPs. What strategy do you use when using LPs to speed up the tasks to ensure you aren't wasting them? e.g) How can you be sure you end up with a chocolate that you haven't already collected?
TBD-36
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by TBD-36 »

Don't pop all 4 bubbles at once if you only need to collect one or two left to fill your set. Otherwise just know there will be some repeats before you fill the whole set.

With 3-4 sims working and never having done the hobby before -- oh and lots of using LPs once I got to 1:59 on the task -- I did finish all the sets with a few hours to spare.
pinkribbon
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by pinkribbon »

I think I filled about 4 sets when it first came out, but I was able to finish the remaining 3 with a few days to spare. The best thing is what TBD-36 said. Don't pop all 4 bubbles if you only need 1 or 2 left in the grid. Restart if you fill it and then pop those bubbles. Of course there is no way of knowing which bubble holds which chocolate, just luck.
HanaV47
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by HanaV47 »

Since for this event it was impossible to level up a Sim beforehand to prepare (unless you were around for the previous Chocolatier event), the first thing I did was use LPs to speed through enough repetitions to get just one Sim to level 6 and open up the grid.

Also, you may already know, but you can have one extra Sim working on the hobby in a neighbor's town. This makes a huge difference for events involving hobbies that can only be completed by one Sim at a time (e.g. survivalist).
GC: HanaV47
LVL 55
Pool Paradise Update
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

I received a notice that this event would be coming soon. It is now listed as such in my events tab. I hope so because I do not yet have access to this hobby. Ron Weasley NEEDS this hobby. 😀
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.