[EVENT] Baby Onesies

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
ErinPW

Re: [EVENT] Baby Onesies

Post by ErinPW »

glenkatko wrote:And....I just got the pop-up that the event is over. At least it didn't come as a surprise this time.
If you've got a fresh cloud save, you might get it back by resetting the game.

I'm sorry that I forgot to post this tip earlier, penlopej :oops:
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
TBD-36
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by TBD-36 »

I got the popup yesterday too, and no onesies since i had just started the event within the previous 24 hours. Oh well. I'm actually more sad that they removed my current progress in the hobby (the 3-4 times I had completed the task since beginning the event). Oh well.
glenkatko
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by glenkatko »

ErinPW wrote:
glenkatko wrote:And....I just got the pop-up that the event is over. At least it didn't come as a surprise this time.
If you've got a fresh cloud save, you might get it back by resetting the game.

I'm sorry that I forgot to post this tip earlier, penlopej :oops:
Thanks for the suggestion, but I had already submitted a ticket before I saw this. I did go back to check when I had last saved, but was unable to access the cloud because it said I needed to log in to Facebook. Every time I tried to log in, it just cycled back to tell me to log in. Tried over several hours but never could get it to log in, so was unable to try a reset.

I got this response from Fire Monkeys already today.

"Apologies for the trouble you have recently experienced. The Development Team is aware of the issues relating to Hobbies Ending Early, and therefore as a courtesy we have sent you an in-game currency gift.
The Game Team are still working towards a solution for the core issue, so we thank you sincerely for your patience whilst we investigate this problem. We hope to continue to bring many exciting events in the future."

The simoleons were added to the game as it started but I have no idea how many since I have no idea exactly how many I already had. I still lack 2 of the onesies. The previous time this event ran and glitched, they awarded me 2 random onesies. Maybe eventually I will get them all. I doubt I will ever even use them, but still would have liked to finally complete it.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

glenkatko wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion, but I had already submitted a ticket before I saw this. I did go back to check when I had last saved, but was unable to access the cloud because it said I needed to log in to Facebook. Every time I tried to log in, it just cycled back to tell me to log in. Tried over several hours but never could get it to log in, so was unable to try a reset.

"Apologies for the trouble you have recently experienced. The Development Team is aware of the issues relating to Hobbies Ending Early, and therefore as a courtesy we have sent you an in-game currency gift.
The Game Team are still working towards a solution for the core issue, so we thank you sincerely for your patience whilst we investigate this problem. We hope to continue to bring many exciting events in the future."

The simoleons were added to the game as it started but I have no idea how many since I have no idea exactly how many I already had. I still lack 2 of the onesies. The previous time this event ran and glitched, they awarded me 2 random onesies. Maybe eventually I will get them all. I doubt I will ever even use them, but still would have liked to finally complete it.
Simoleons!? That's their response to their screw up? They should have given you the 2 onesies you needed on top of any in-game currency. :x
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by penlopej »

It just gets weirder. Yesterday the hobby finished early in both my towns. I now have 4 sets of onesies in my main game and 1 set in my second game. This morning I had a message on my second game to say that I had only 3 days to complete the task, although only 2 tasks are showing on the task bar. I went to my baby and found that the reward for completing the hobby is from the task. According to the top of the chart I have 4 sets outfits in this game although I only have one. Checked at the mall and there is only one set showing. In my main game the task is still over. I know that I use the same FB and GC accounts for both games but it is really bizarre that I'm getting a transfer of info from one game to another.
Oscar
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Oscar »

glenkatko wrote: I got this response from Fire Monkeys already today.
You've got a response already? I'm jealous - I didn't get a single onesie, though I would've finished my first set just as the event ended early :evil:
But I don't really care about them anyways, I'm not a fan of baby sims.

I just took a screenshot - if I get a random amount of Simoleons as well, I'll be able to tell you the exact amount ;) But I'm still hoping for some onesies tbh.
glenkatko
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by glenkatko »

mockingbird288z wrote:
glenkatko wrote:

Simoleons!? That's their response to their screw up? They should have given you the 2 onesies you needed on top of any in-game currency. :x
Yes, I thought that was a poor solution, so I finally decided to send them this message:

"Thanks for the simoleons, but since I already get over 1 mil every day in my daily reward, not really helpful. After failing 2 times to complete this event because of "issues" I would have preferred to get to finish it this time.
No point looking forward to "many exciting events in the future" if they all continue to glitch out. The frustration is far greater than any enjoyment we may get from these events."

They replied with this:

"Hey there,

Thank you for writing in!

Thanks for getting back to us.

As a one time courtesy, we have sent you the limited time prize for the hobby/event that ended early. Please note that this is not a regular occurrence.

If this change is not applied straight away, please force-quit the game and restart it while you have an Internet connection. (The Internet connection is necessary for our servers to update your game.) If you're not sure how to force-quit apps on your device, see the Force Closing Apps article, alternatively reboot your device.
Thank you for your patience.

If your problem occurs again or you come across a new issue, please do not hesitate to contact us by submitting a new ticket.

Regards,
Harshika"

HOWEVER, after repeatedly force closing the game and rebooting my device, I never received the missing outfits. The first time I did this event and it glitched, they said there were awarding the rest to me, and I got 2 of the 5 that I was missing. I earned 1 more this time. So I still lack 2. So tired of messing with this, I'm not sure if there is any point pursuing it. It seems it is impossible for them to fully deliver the remaining outfits.
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

That's ridiculous! It's not like you were cheating or something, the issue comes from their faulty buggy game. And they still say as a one time courtesy! I think it's their responsibility to resolve this kind of issues that's not a favor hahaa
Fortunately this never happened in my game, I always backup my data wisely, but I know sometimes is not enough and things happen. At least they could restart the event.
Simannity
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Simannity »

Just got a pop up that the baby onesies event is starting "soon". Last time i didn't get all the prizes so i am hoping i can get the remaining ones this time around...
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Thanks for heads up. I didn't see the popup. I have a newer game and didn't do the event yet. I was thinking of aging up some babies, and now I'll hold off.