[Community Event] Simtown Health Spa

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
julz21
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: [EVENT] Simtown Health Spa

Post by julz21 »

Guess I'm missing/not understanding something.....they don't explain exactly what "Build Mode Tokens" are. And that, to me, doesn't translate as meaning the same as "one free item". But I'm getting the free items so I guess it doesn't really matter--unless.....the "Build Mode Tokens" are indeed something entirely different. Maybe I'm just confusing myself here. :?
whoviandragon
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by whoviandragon »

Glad this event is back! Last time I missed out on buying the Meditation Station, which meant I couldn't get the Spa Template. I have everything else, so I should finish this pretty quickly.
INACTIVE ACCOUNT! ANY NEW POSTS AFTER 2/6/2020 ARE NOT FROM ME!

Hobby items across from Police Station!
Don't update anymore.

Courage cannot erase our fear. Courage is when we face our fears. - Davey Jacobs, Newsies
Thuraya
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Thuraya »

Is it possible that they are refering to these items with "Build Mode Tokens"? The term used in-game may be different but this is what I thought of first.
1478209778289.jpg
People who took part in this event earlier and didn't finish their personal progress could still make use of them, right?
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

I don't think it is giving us any sort of tokens. If you look at the progress bar, if you are someone who has completed this quest previously, it just bypasses the 'tokens' I literally think people who have comleted previously are indeed getting one free item.

I quite literally can't see the point of this for people who have completed the event before. Ive never thought the community event had anything to do with community effort personally. I think it will always get to the end before the time is up no matter what. Just my personal opinion.

Hope you sail through whovian :)
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

I think they were just trying to be fancy with their "Build Mode Tokens" talk. Build mode tokens sounds far more exciting than "one free of each item". They could say with "build mode tokens" they can give the appearance of truly thinking about people who have completed the event before. :roll:

At any rate, we already have gotten the first community prize and all I have is 1 of each item for free so I can't see how it would be anything else.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

There is a gem harvester in the online store.
Attachments
_20161103_233231.JPG
_20161103_233231.JPG (28.57 KiB) Viewed 5122 times
_20161103_233332.JPG
JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by JKCher »

JakeSim wrote:There is a gem harvester in the online store.

I just saw that too. I'm a little torn on this, I've completed the event previously and so will work on it for the community but don't want to pay for something I essentially don't need. But I do wonder if at some point we'd be using these gem things again and it might come in handy so maybe I should buy it, plus it looks kind of neat lol.
indiekicks
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by indiekicks »

HanaV47 wrote:Who else is doing this event for the first time? I know there isn't much to say since all the info we need is already in the thread, but maybe we can offer each other moral support :) I started SFP just days after the original spa event ended, so for me it's sort of "the one that got away" and I'm pretty excited it's back.
Me. I've gotten back into the game recently so I missed out before. I bit the bullet and purchased the rainbow gen thingy but I definitely think it was overpriced. FM seems to be hiking the prices on everything lately.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Sims FreePlay has given a little more info on the gem harvester:
image.jpeg
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

Like bluebeariscool, I'm kind of skeptical about the "community progress" aspect of events. I'm making a token effort with those sim's that aren't otherwise occupied but I have no reason to buy the harvester...but it is cool looking lol! Does anyone have any pictures of what it looks like in place?
I thought the price was a bit high and then I looked at the regular price!!! :o :shock: :o
Updated town info in profile