All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
SimMutt
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: June Update Hint?

Post by SimMutt »

randy_thrandy wrote:
penlopej wrote:Not sure I like this. Seems a bit like a game within a game.
My thoughts exactly. It seems a bit too complicated. :P I liked the gems and bananas thing, it was nicely predictable and not stressful.

SimMutt wrote: A lot of people were scared their toilets etc were going to be stolen.
You may take the stealing of your toilets lightly but I consider it a serious offence. Those toilets took a lot of effort, I'm fond of them and I'll be damned if I just stand idly and watch someone steal them! :lol:
But seriously, if stuff were to go randomly missing from the houses, I'd be completely furious. Furnishing is a pain and after getting everything just right I really like it if it stays so.
Oh, I know, serious business! Poor sims. I wish they'd go and pee against a tree. Just for the aesthetics of the thing :lol:

I'm really glad they've gone this route instead. I have so many items through the architect houses. I'd hate to lose something it would cost me hundreds of SP or millions of simos to replace :shock:
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

SimMutt wrote: I'm really glad they've gone this route instead. I have so many items through the architect houses. I'd hate to lose something it would cost me hundreds of SP or millions of simos to replace :shock:
exactly! *shudders* I'd call the cops if that happened! ...oh, wait :mrgreen:
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

So do things get stolen or not?! I don't want to update until I find out :lol:
SimMutt
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SimMutt »

LovemySims wrote:So do things get stolen or not?! I don't want to update until I find out :lol:
It's safe to upload! We can put doors and windows back in our buildings at night. :mrgreen:

The crime affects random sims who turn up at the station. It looks like all police activity is centred at the police station rather than being everywhere in town.
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

I just jumped ahead to update. Eventually we get to that point if we want to keep up with new events.
Simannity
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Simannity »

Well... I like it so far. It's a different kind of action. Just wondering what will happen when the whole thing is completed, that is, all parts of the police station built and at maximum level. Will there be new rewards or quests connected to the police station? It is a nice new addition though after all the repeat events.
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

SimMutt wrote:
LovemySims wrote:So do things get stolen or not?! I don't want to update until I find out :lol:
It's safe to upload! We can put doors and windows back in our buildings at night. :mrgreen:

The crime affects random sims who turn up at the station. It looks like all police activity is centred at the police station rather than being everywhere in town.
*major sigh of relief* :D
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
Lenny
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lenny »

Once the station is finished it may look cute but for nowI find it boring to do the same three tasks over and over again. I wish they would have given us some longer tasks as well. I t will take ages to level up with this short taskes if one can't play constantly.
Facebook: Nevasa Simm (please PM me on this board, if you want me to add you as a friend, I'm not using facebook Messenger on a regular basis)
Hounted House: 1 Diver's Way
HNF/Rendeer Farm: 3 Firehouse Road
Version: Christmas in London
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

I haven't really been playing much lately but just checking in every once in a while and I'll admit it's been kinda nice. My question is for those who've updated already: is it worth it to update? It sounds horridly tedious and just another form of 'grinding' without any real perks to offset the boredom.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like to advance you can't set them to a task and then go do other stuff (like you can w/ hobbies) but instead you have to stay at the police station. What about all our other Sims? Even when I'm hobby grinding I only have to check in once an hour and so I can do other stuff on my iPad or other RL things in general while waiting for the task to be done. In other words, I don't want to have to babysit or micromanage my Sims.

If it wasn't for the fact that FM might some day update with something nifty I wouldn't be thinking about DLing the Police update AT ALL. Too bad the updates aren't more like the expansion packs for the PC version so you didn't need to have every one of them to still play a decent game! *sigh*
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

It's the hamster wheel to end all hamster wheels.

Like you said, it's another form of grinding but with no real perks. We are collecting resources which are used for upgrading the different areas of the station. All upgrading the areas do is help a little bit to get more resources and job xp. :roll:

All the tasks are very short (under 5 minutes). Maybe the other areas will have longer tasks but at the moment it is a lot of babysitting the game. It's nice if you have some time to play the game but on a day where you can only check in every now and then you can't get much done.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update