(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
SimMutt
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: June Update Hint?

Post by SimMutt »

mockingbird288z wrote:
diananadine wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:This says the update will be on June 12th. And will be adding a new police profession. It's not going to be June 12th for much longer but they still have time.

http://www.ea.com/play2016/news/new-liv ... cale=en-us
image.png
Dang does that say hobby event?? :/ that sucks but at least maybe it'll be a discovery quest and something permanent to the game
I'm curious about what they mean by a "re-runnable" quest. They've never used that term before.
I wondered about that too. Could it be their way to do the 'go to work'? Maybe there's a narrative built into the quest that you can repeat in your game instead of the quest just disappearing at the end??
Star Jewel
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Star Jewel »

Looks like a few popular Sims vloggers got early access... Make2 posted a preview/walkthrough vid of the police profession: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHSjyXAONhA
Lenny
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lenny »

Star Jewel wrote:Looks like a few popular Sims vloggers got early access... Make2 posted a preview/walkthrough vid of the police profession: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHSjyXAONhA
So another currency and a lot of ressources to possible buy one way or the other? I really feel like a cow who gets milked all the them. As I said earlier I wish they would leave as alone. Just a quest/event there and then to get some new stuff for the houses but nto this constant grinding.
Facebook: Nevasa Simm (please PM me on this board, if you want me to add you as a friend, I'm not using facebook Messenger on a regular basis)
Hounted House: 1 Diver's Way
HNF/Rendeer Farm: 3 Firehouse Road
Version: Christmas in London
SimMutt
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SimMutt »

Star Jewel wrote:Looks like a few popular Sims vloggers got early access... Make2 posted a preview/walkthrough vid of the police profession: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHSjyXAONhA
Am I misinterpreting those members of the public? Are they NPCs? That's a big change and a good solution. A lot of people were scared their toilets etc were going to be stolen. If the crimes are happening to randomly generated sims, that'll be easier for those players to accept.

Have to say I love the look of this and really REALLY hope it means they'll do the same with a hospital somewhere down the line.
Sewandso
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Sewandso »

I'm not too excited about collecting resources and currency either, but I like how complex the police occupation seems to be. I've been at level 55 for a while and have been getting bored...so it's going to be nice to have something new and different to do.
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by penlopej »

Not sure I like this. Seems a bit like a game within a game.
Ryuzakiryuuga
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Ryuzakiryuuga »

Woah, this update looks really complicated.

I'm glad that we would be doing something different to collect the resources in order to unlock everything (helping citizens and their needs) compared to the previous collecting resources routine (we had to collect the gems for days, collect fruits for days, etc.). Total boredom.

But from what I've seen from the preview, there are so many things to do.

I have a feeling that this update is just the beginning for FM to try this kind of stuff. Maybe there will be a lot more jobs to come after this occupation.
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by penlopej »

Ryuzakiryuuga wrote:Woah, this update looks really complicated.

I'm glad that we would be doing something different to collect the resources in order to unlock everything (helping citizens and their needs) compared to the previous collecting resources routine (we had to collect the gems for days, collect fruits for days, etc.). Total boredom.

But from what I've seen from the preview, there are so many things to do.

I have a feeling that this update is just the beginning for FM to try this kind of stuff. Maybe there will be a lot more jobs to come after this occupation.
Agree, what next, doctor,vet etc. Not sure that this is how I want to play the game. Also, what is the reward? Usually we get new furniture, clothes, etc. Now all we seem to get is handcuffs and donuts !
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

penlopej wrote:Not sure I like this. Seems a bit like a game within a game.
My thoughts exactly. It seems a bit too complicated. :P I liked the gems and bananas thing, it was nicely predictable and not stressful.

SimMutt wrote: A lot of people were scared their toilets etc were going to be stolen.
You may take the stealing of your toilets lightly but I consider it a serious offence. Those toilets took a lot of effort, I'm fond of them and I'll be damned if I just stand idly and watch someone steal them! :lol:
But seriously, if stuff were to go randomly missing from the houses, I'd be completely furious. Furnishing is a pain and after getting everything just right I really like it if it stays so.
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
diananadine
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by diananadine »

Sewandso wrote:I'm not too excited about collecting resources and currency either, but I like how complex the police occupation seems to be. I've been at level 55 for a while and have been getting bored...so it's going to be nice to have something new and different to do.
Me too. I'm kinda happy that this won't be an easy quick and easy get it done quest because it gets boring if your at 55 and have all the events and quests unlocked