July 2016 Update - A New Professions Update?

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
garishplum
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: July 2016 Update - A New Professions Update?

Post by garishplum »

Only at level 4 with my police officers and I am already bored... Takes too much effort.
Level 55!
GC: garishplum
HanaV47
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by HanaV47 »

The longer tasks started stressing me out once they passed 10 minutes. It makes sense that they get longer as you level up, but making them so long that it becomes impossible to reach the daily quota really sours the game. I think the max length should have been around 15 minutes, to keep it playable.

I'm no longer stressed though because once I realized I "just can't win", I lost interest and now I treat it pretty much like the other rabbit hole careers. I only go in when I check the game for other reasons, so some days an officer will only help like 2 people total *shrug*. I've made peace with having this as an ongoing thing, since there's no time limited reward.

If the new update is another profession though, I hope they've tweaked things a bit!
GC: HanaV47
LVL 55
Pool Paradise Update
grumpler66
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by grumpler66 »

https://youtu.be/Y4QYCKivBYw

Trailer is out now. A Movie Star profession. :(
TBD-36
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by TBD-36 »

Do you think I will need to build the Movie Studio? I haven't built that workplace yet (or the Art Gallery).
CarolinaBlue
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by CarolinaBlue »

I'm glad I'm not the only one disenchanted with the police career and that the goals are impossible if you have this thing called a life.

Not going to worry about the movie star career. It gets done when I feel like doing it.
Game Center ID: Kapusta Kid - Please mention Sims Freeplay
HFN at Starter House; have most of needed things.
Have NOT completed Seniors quest - not yet interested in orb mining, aging/dying, etc.
glenkatko
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by glenkatko »

Just watched a YouTube video on the new profession by Make2, who had early EA access.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L1lFhD-TYFg

It does use the current movie studio lot, and looks like the exact same format as the police career. :cry:
monelley
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by monelley »

So it's entirely possible our sims can probably start already on level 6 of the movie studio profession. Even knowing that there might be a leg up for those who have sims already in this profession after the police update I'm still finding it hard to get interested in this.

This was my sentiments exactly
CarolinaBlue wrote:I'm glad I'm not the only one disenchanted with the police career and that the goals are impossible if you have this thing called a life.

Not going to worry about the movie star career. It gets done when I feel like doing it.
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

I really wish they would let us keep badge resources from one shift to the next.
HanaV47
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by HanaV47 »

Hm... If I am seeing it correctly, it looks like the quota per shift for this new profession is 15 (from the Make2 preview video). If the actions stay a similar length, this would improve things.
GC: HanaV47
LVL 55
Pool Paradise Update
pinkribbon
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by pinkribbon »

Guess it's time to start building the movie studio. Not thrilled about this either. My police are not that far along.