Movie Star Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Silvestris
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Movie Star Update - Changes

Post by Silvestris »

Do the performers do different stuff depending on their gender?
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

grumpler66 wrote:No tutorial this time.You can start right away. My sims kept their professional level 3.

New choice when sending a sim to work: Work Offside.
It's not that there isn't a tutorial this time it's just that those who have already gone through the tutorial last update with the police station won't have to do the tutorial again. Players who didn't build the police station or movie studio until this update will get the tutorial at the professions workplace they first assign a sim to work. The new first goal is to "visit a professional workplace" instead of "visit the police station" and in the text will say what workplaces you have already built that you can visit.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by kls1st »

Does anybody know, can we upgrade the police station and the movie studio at the same time?
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

There is an unexpected visitor in my town ^^ But he's hiding within the relationship tracker.
Attachments
Osiris
Osiris
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

I noticed Osiris in my relationships a week or so ago (I think I was looking for someone to slap at the time lol :oops: )
Updated town info in profile
glenkatko
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by glenkatko »

I've had Osiris, Santa, and the Grouch in mine ever since the quest to build the restaurant.
glenkatko
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by glenkatko »

The upgrade times are very different in the movie career. First level upgrade is still 5 seconds, second level is 1 hour. Can't imagine how long it will take at level 20. :o
Ryuzakiryuuga
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Ryuzakiryuuga »

My actor sim is on level 5 before the update, and I'm so glad that she started this profession from that level :D

I think, other jobs will follow this situation too. Real jobs and stuff. So it would be better to upgrade our sims levels in their jobs(to the highest level). Perhaps they will make the teacher job as a profession for the next update lol
glenkatko
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by glenkatko »

I just discovered that since the update, my career sims are taking the full amount of time instead of the upgraded quicker time. My forensics lab is upgraded to level 14, which makes the task 45 minutes. The sim requesting help shows that the task will take 45 minutes. But when I immediately click on the sim to finish the task using 1 LP, it show the time remaining as 59 minutes and 55 seconds. I tested all of the tasks, and in both police and movie careers, the upgraded tasks are taking full entry level times. Don't know if it is just my game or what.
HanaV47
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by HanaV47 »

I never paid attention to the names at the police station so maybe those were fun too, but I noticed that the sim that just walked into my movie studio is named Emma Watscene, cute 8-)
GC: HanaV47
LVL 55
Pool Paradise Update