Movie Star Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
User avatar
copperwood
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Posts: 411
Joined: 25 Jan 2016, 23:13

Re: Movie Star Update - Changes

Post by copperwood » 28 Jul 2016, 01:39

And it worked. Thanks again for the tip.

SKatF
Sim Elder
Sim Elder
Posts: 795
Joined: 08 Dec 2015, 22:58

Re: Movie Star Update - Changes

Post by SKatF » 28 Jul 2016, 02:20

I feel differently than those who want to start 2 high level actors into the profession. I started one actor sim with no experience and the other with level 6, which was bumped down to 5. I'm sorry I didn't choose newbies for both.

The experienced one leveled up to 6 after 1 shift, and unlocked a site I have no resources to build. I haven't even leveled up the first 3 sites to 5 yet. So I can't send him to work until the newbie sim gathers enough resources to build the new site as I don't want customer sims showing up with a task I can't do. I think I'd rather build slowly from the bottom up so I can gather resources as i go.

User avatar
mockingbird288z
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5218
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 04:51
Location: Florida; UTC -4:00
Contact:

Re: Movie Star Update - Changes

Post by mockingbird288z » 28 Jul 2016, 02:50

SKatF wrote:I feel differently than those who want to start 2 high level actors into the profession. I started one actor sim with no experience and the other with level 6, which was bumped down to 5. I'm sorry I didn't choose newbies for both.

The experienced one leveled up to 6 after 1 shift, and unlocked a site I have no resources to build. I haven't even leveled up the first 3 sites to 5 yet. So I can't send him to work until the newbie sim gathers enough resources to build the new site as I don't want customer sims showing up with a task I can't do. I think I'd rather build slowly from the bottom up so I can gather resources as i go.
You can remove their specialization and then they can at least go to work. I have one sim that got to level 6 pretty quickly with some help from the camera after work but I didn't pick a specialization for her. My other sim is at level 4 and if he gets to level 6 before I have the resources for the next places he also won't get a specialization right away. If you do choose to remove your sim's specialization they will revert back to level 6. Unlike in the police update, sims who don't have a specialization really won't level up beyond 0% of level 6. But at least no sims come in needing help for locations that aren't built yet.
Facebook: Leah Taylor
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
2017 Holiday Update

User avatar
mockingbird288z
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5218
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 04:51
Location: Florida; UTC -4:00
Contact:

Re: Movie Star Update - Changes

Post by mockingbird288z » 28 Jul 2016, 02:50

fizzwizz wrote:Thank you mockingbird288z ! Confusion resolved ... growng pains lol :-D
You're welcome!
Facebook: Leah Taylor
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
2017 Holiday Update

Lenny
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Posts: 354
Joined: 23 Sep 2013, 14:10

Re: Movie Star Update - Changes

Post by Lenny » 28 Jul 2016, 17:48

Sims seem to level up faster with the 3 h camera option then with an 8 h work shift. So sending them to work only makes sense if one is able to play for the resources. EA must think we all have nothing else to do then play the whole day. Those resource grinding really manages to take the fun out of the game. If we at least would get some rewards for our homes.

Sorry for the rand but I really start to hate those workpkace updates. Hopefully that's not all we get in the future.
Facebook: Nevasa Simm (please PM me on this board, if you want me to add you as a friend)
Hounted House: 1 Diver's Way
Rendeer Farm + burning fire: 3 Firehouse Road (55 rendeers)
Version: Downtown High School

User avatar
Hayley95
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen
Posts: 228
Joined: 06 Aug 2014, 04:15

Re: Movie Star Update - Changes

Post by Hayley95 » 29 Jul 2016, 03:32

Lenny wrote:Sims seem to level up faster with the 3 h camera option then with an 8 h work shift. So sending them to work only makes sense if one is able to play for the resources. EA must think we all have nothing else to do then play the whole day. Those resource grinding really manages to take the fun out of the game. If we at least would get some rewards for our homes.

Sorry for the rand but I really start to hate those workpkace updates. Hopefully that's not all we get in the future.
I agree with you. I like the new workplaces but the resource grinding is too tiring. Especially when you don't have time to play the whole day. And the timings are so long.
GC: Cool Cats 1431 (please mention forum in request)
HFN: Starter house (includes dog, cat, firepole, oven fire and 3 star items)
Teen idol mansion: #2 Terra drive
Haunted house: #6 East side
Level 55

CarolinaBlue
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler
Posts: 25
Joined: 26 May 2014, 00:09

Re: Movie Star Update - Changes

Post by CarolinaBlue » 29 Jul 2016, 22:05

Lenny wrote:EA must think we all have nothing else to do then play the whole day. Those resource grinding really manages to take the fun out of the game.
This! OMG. I know I'm a broken record, but I have this thing called a life. Is EA that deaf?
Game Center ID: Kapusta Kid - Please mention Sims Freeplay
HFN at Starter House; have most of needed things.
Have NOT completed Seniors quest - not yet interested in orb mining, aging/dying, etc.

Simannity
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler
Posts: 33
Joined: 29 Jan 2016, 10:34

Re: Movie Star Update - Changes

Post by Simannity » 01 Aug 2016, 13:09

I don't know if anyone posted this already, but they seem to have fixed an issue with doing a hobby for the weekly tasks. Before this update, when a sim had to e.g. Do a jester performance in the castle for the weekly tasks, it would get no reward/prize for the hobby progress and it would not change back in normal clothes. Now the task finishes as it usually does.

User avatar
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Posts: 368
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 15:28
Location: UK

Re: Movie Star Update - Changes

Post by bluebeariscool » 01 Aug 2016, 15:58

On the subject of weekly tasks....
I seem to have a new one, perform aquatic lunges on a diving board. It doesn't complete for me though and after trying several times I gave in and skipped the task with LP.
I had some sims with the exclamation mark and assumed when I tapped that the task would complete, it didn't so I set one sim off on doing the task from scratch and still no joy.
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)

User avatar
SimCitySue
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen
Posts: 143
Joined: 14 Dec 2015, 20:12

Re: Movie Star Update - Changes

Post by SimCitySue » 01 Aug 2016, 20:44

bluebeariscool wrote:On the subject of weekly tasks....
I seem to have a new one, perform aquatic lunges on a diving board. It doesn't complete for me though and after trying several times I gave in and skipped the task with LP.
I had some sims with the exclamation mark and assumed when I tapped that the task would complete, it didn't so I set one sim off on doing the task from scratch and still no joy.
I've had a diving goal that had to be completed at the swim center. Maybe that's what the problem was.

Post Reply