Movie Star Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Vampitch
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Movie Star Update - Changes

Post by Vampitch »

kls1st wrote:Does anybody know, can we upgrade the police station and the movie studio at the same time?

Yes I've had no problems with upgrading something from each at the same time. (I'm not vip 7)
Fairy update
Level 54. iOS. UTC +3.
Paused at seniors quest.
I am currently not accepting any neighbours for any games.
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by kls1st »

Vampitch wrote:
kls1st wrote:Does anybody know, can we upgrade the police station and the movie studio at the same time?
Yes I've had no problems with upgrading something from each at the same time. (I'm not vip 7)
I guess I will go ahead and update then. Thanks for your reply! :)
fizzwizz
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by fizzwizz »

Wow! This blows... its way too comfusing. For me, i had 2 sims with movie careers and i just quit them both, and my policeman cant goto work unless this 'professions training ' is completed and it can only be done at the movie studio! I seriously do not understand... so i had to send a new sim to work there training checking ID badges at the movie studio, what a bummer!

Can anyone describe the effect this new movie studio has on other jobs, it kinda screwed up my game blocking current professions... i do not like this at all, (im not gonna send my acclaimed star become a tea maker, shes gonna retire as a teacher lol)! What are they thinking in Hollywood. ... .lol but i need to understand what offsite and on site means and how people finish shifts or how 2 sims finishing their shift at the same time, cause that didnt happen to me ... yet!

Too bad but Im probly gonna call it quits on that, im not having fun ! i dont play games to get frustrated and confused... lol so I think im just gonna quit this game before something else happens, i had a couple bad surprises already, or i probably just dont get it ... lol
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

fizzwizz wrote:Wow! This blows... its way too comfusing. For me, i had 2 sims with movie careers and i just quit them both, and my policeman cant goto work unless this 'professions training ' is completed and it can only be done at the movie studio! I seriously do not understand... so i had to send a new sim to work there training checking ID badges at the movie studio, what a bummer!
It looks like you started the tutorial with a sim at the movie studio. You won't be able to work at other professions workplaces until you complete the tutorial. The thread for the tutorial is here.
fizzwizz wrote:Can anyone describe the effect this new movie studio has on other jobs, it kinda screwed up my game blocking current professions... i do not like this at all, (im not gonna send my acclaimed star become a tea maker, shes gonna retire as a teacher lol)! What are they thinking in Hollywood. ... .lol but i need to understand what offsite and on site means and how people finish shifts or how 2 sims finishing their shift at the same time, cause that didnt happen to me ... yet!

Too bad but Im probly gonna call it quits on that, im not having fun ! i dont play games to get frustrated and confused... lol so I think im just gonna quit this game before something else happens, i had a couple bad surprises already, or i probably just dont get it ... lol
Once you finish the tutorial the other profession won't be blocked. Offsite means your sim will go to work like before the new professions. They won't be at the movie studio or police station for you to actually interact with. On site means that you will be able to visit them at the workplace and get resources by helping sims. Only 2 sims can work at a professions workplace at one time so if you want to send more than 2 sims to work at the same time those sims will have to work offsite.

Your sims will finish their shifts by either working the full 8 hours or filling the quota. The quota for the police station is 25 sims and the quota for the movie studio is 15 sims. That means to fill the quota for the movie studio your sims need to help (do all the tasks that they are asking help with: golf, catering, security...) 15 sims. Filling the quota will end your sims shift early. If you have two sims working at the same professions workplace at the same time they both contribute to the quota. So between the two sims they still only need to help 15 sims (instead of 30 total).

If you read through the thread I linked to above I think you'll get a better understanding of what's going on. :)
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

There's a free park bench in the home store next to the regular one. You can buy it and place it but our sims can't use it. It goes into inventory separately from the regular bench as well.
image.jpeg
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

I noticed when my 2 sims have met the quota of helping 15 sims, only 1 finishes and gets the bonus right away. The second one needs to do one more task to get his bonus and finish early. And yes they both started at the same time and show 15/15. My second sim does not have to finish all the requests of that sim, just one task.
fizzwizz
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by fizzwizz »

Thank you mockingbird288z ! Confusion resolved ... growng pains lol :-D
EileenK98
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by EileenK98 »

I seriously hope they don't do this with all the professions. It's hard enough chasing around after two Police Sims and two actors; imagine trying to keep up with 25! (And that's only if they continue to count "high school student" as a profession.)
New town, new Sims!

Haunted House: 2 East Oceanside
Library: 1 Museum Boulevard
Spa: 2 Museum Boulevard
The Winchesters' Bunker: 3 Eastside
Simssarah
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Simssarah »

copperwood wrote:I noticed when my 2 sims have met the quota of helping 15 sims, only 1 finishes and gets the bonus right away. The second one needs to do one more task to get his bonus and finish early. And yes they both started at the same time and show 15/15. My second sim does not have to finish all the requests of that sim, just one task.
I noticed this but also noticed that if I cancelled the second Sim as they were doing their 'extra' task the pop up appeared to say they had done their quota too.
HFN. 4 West Oceanside
Haunted House. 3 East Oceanside
GC paradi61
Holiday Update
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

Simssarah wrote:
copperwood wrote:I noticed when my 2 sims have met the quota of helping 15 sims, only 1 finishes and gets the bonus right away. The second one needs to do one more task to get his bonus and finish early. And yes they both started at the same time and show 15/15. My second sim does not have to finish all the requests of that sim, just one task.
I noticed this but also noticed that if I cancelled the second Sim as they were doing their 'extra' task the pop up appeared to say they had done their quota too.
Thanks, I'll try this next time.