Movie Star Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Movie Star Update - Changes

Post by copperwood »

And it worked. Thanks again for the tip.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I feel differently than those who want to start 2 high level actors into the profession. I started one actor sim with no experience and the other with level 6, which was bumped down to 5. I'm sorry I didn't choose newbies for both.

The experienced one leveled up to 6 after 1 shift, and unlocked a site I have no resources to build. I haven't even leveled up the first 3 sites to 5 yet. So I can't send him to work until the newbie sim gathers enough resources to build the new site as I don't want customer sims showing up with a task I can't do. I think I'd rather build slowly from the bottom up so I can gather resources as i go.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

SKatF wrote:I feel differently than those who want to start 2 high level actors into the profession. I started one actor sim with no experience and the other with level 6, which was bumped down to 5. I'm sorry I didn't choose newbies for both.

The experienced one leveled up to 6 after 1 shift, and unlocked a site I have no resources to build. I haven't even leveled up the first 3 sites to 5 yet. So I can't send him to work until the newbie sim gathers enough resources to build the new site as I don't want customer sims showing up with a task I can't do. I think I'd rather build slowly from the bottom up so I can gather resources as i go.
You can remove their specialization and then they can at least go to work. I have one sim that got to level 6 pretty quickly with some help from the camera after work but I didn't pick a specialization for her. My other sim is at level 4 and if he gets to level 6 before I have the resources for the next places he also won't get a specialization right away. If you do choose to remove your sim's specialization they will revert back to level 6. Unlike in the police update, sims who don't have a specialization really won't level up beyond 0% of level 6. But at least no sims come in needing help for locations that aren't built yet.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

fizzwizz wrote:Thank you mockingbird288z ! Confusion resolved ... growng pains lol :-D
You're welcome!
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Lenny
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lenny »

Sims seem to level up faster with the 3 h camera option then with an 8 h work shift. So sending them to work only makes sense if one is able to play for the resources. EA must think we all have nothing else to do then play the whole day. Those resource grinding really manages to take the fun out of the game. If we at least would get some rewards for our homes.

Sorry for the rand but I really start to hate those workpkace updates. Hopefully that's not all we get in the future.
Facebook: Nevasa Simm (please PM me on this board, if you want me to add you as a friend, I'm not using facebook Messenger on a regular basis)
Hounted House: 1 Diver's Way
HNF/Rendeer Farm: 3 Firehouse Road
Version: Christmas in London
Hayley95
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Hayley95 »

Lenny wrote:Sims seem to level up faster with the 3 h camera option then with an 8 h work shift. So sending them to work only makes sense if one is able to play for the resources. EA must think we all have nothing else to do then play the whole day. Those resource grinding really manages to take the fun out of the game. If we at least would get some rewards for our homes.

Sorry for the rand but I really start to hate those workpkace updates. Hopefully that's not all we get in the future.
I agree with you. I like the new workplaces but the resource grinding is too tiring. Especially when you don't have time to play the whole day. And the timings are so long.
GC: Cool Cats 1431 (please mention forum in request)
HFN: Starter house (includes dog, cat, firepole, oven fire and 3 star items)
Teen idol mansion: #2 Terra drive
Haunted house: #6 East side
Level 55
CarolinaBlue
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by CarolinaBlue »

Lenny wrote:EA must think we all have nothing else to do then play the whole day. Those resource grinding really manages to take the fun out of the game.
This! OMG. I know I'm a broken record, but I have this thing called a life. Is EA that deaf?
Game Center ID: Kapusta Kid - Please mention Sims Freeplay
HFN at Starter House; have most of needed things.
Have NOT completed Seniors quest - not yet interested in orb mining, aging/dying, etc.
Simannity
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Simannity »

I don't know if anyone posted this already, but they seem to have fixed an issue with doing a hobby for the weekly tasks. Before this update, when a sim had to e.g. Do a jester performance in the castle for the weekly tasks, it would get no reward/prize for the hobby progress and it would not change back in normal clothes. Now the task finishes as it usually does.
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

On the subject of weekly tasks....
I seem to have a new one, perform aquatic lunges on a diving board. It doesn't complete for me though and after trying several times I gave in and skipped the task with LP.
I had some sims with the exclamation mark and assumed when I tapped that the task would complete, it didn't so I set one sim off on doing the task from scratch and still no joy.
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
SimCitySue
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SimCitySue »

bluebeariscool wrote:On the subject of weekly tasks....
I seem to have a new one, perform aquatic lunges on a diving board. It doesn't complete for me though and after trying several times I gave in and skipped the task with LP.
I had some sims with the exclamation mark and assumed when I tapped that the task would complete, it didn't so I set one sim off on doing the task from scratch and still no joy.
I've had a diving goal that had to be completed at the swim center. Maybe that's what the problem was.