September update hint

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Lenny
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Posts: 356
Joined: 23 Sep 2013, 14:10

Re: September update hint

Post by Lenny » 05 Sep 2016, 08:25

JaneRoettinger wrote:
Hayley95 wrote:Yeah I like the idea of the hospital but hope its not the same as the other careers. The resource grinding is so monotonous.
Nobody liked orbs but there were 3 updates with orbs. So from the very beginning it was obvious for me that EA/FM will do at least 3 similar updates about careers. Then there will be Halloween update and then Christmas update and maybe after that we'll see something new. But I think anyway it will be just a new way of grinding. Orbs were about grinding, hobbies were about grinding, romantic island event was about grinding, limited time quests were about grinding and careers were about grinding too.
Of course it's all about grinding and EAs hope that players rather spend real money then do that. But with hobbies or the community Events one just could set the sims to the task and come back and collect after. With the orbs one could look for a task which suited ones way of playing most. I most like the quests because there one has different tasks to do and sometimes the stories they have written around it are fun. But now with all this different lengths of the tasks and then never the rigth ressources showing up. If we wouldn't at least need the badges to level up, so thatw e could ignore the daily tasks and just grind for ressources like time permits. I hope you are rigth and it's over after 3 updates but surely they find something even more annoying.
Facebook: Nevasa Simm (please PM me on this board, if you want me to add you as a friend)
Hounted House: 1 Diver's Way
Rendeer Farm + burning fire: 3 Firehouse Road (55 rendeers)
Version: Downtown Holiday Update

User avatar
ErinPW
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3639
Joined: 10 Sep 2013, 10:41
Location: Germany, UTC +1

Re: September update hint

Post by ErinPW » 05 Sep 2016, 08:42

Found this comment on the official FB page:
[...]The news we can tell you is that we only have one more profression to introduce to The Sims FreePlay (meaning altogether there's 3) and then that's it for the year! You and your Sims can take a well earned break from working very hard in the new professions
Commented arround 9 a.m. below that post:
image.jpeg
Hope, that's it with profession-only-updates at all.
Tip: Gather LPs and SPs for the quest and events.

Holiday, 5.34.3
iOS 11.1.2

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View

JaneRoettinger
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler
Posts: 44
Joined: 06 Jan 2015, 08:32
Contact:

Re: September update hint

Post by JaneRoettinger » 05 Sep 2016, 13:00

mockingbird288z wrote:I don't think all of the careers will be turned into professions
I agree. I think they won't change anything about real estate agent career because it is already linked with architect feature.

I doubt they turn into professions such careers as artist, firefighter, politician, scientist or athlete because I can't imagine two specializations in these careers like performer/director or metro police/special agent. However they can invent something new in this case later.

They could do update about school changing not only professions for adults (teachers) but also including new activities for teens and preteens (students). But it would require a lot of work. The easiest thing for them would be to turn musician into new profession. It's the same pattern they used in movie update (composer/performer).

silvertongue
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim
Posts: 7
Joined: 28 Apr 2016, 03:05

Re: September update hint

Post by silvertongue » 05 Sep 2016, 14:10

Make2 have a video on YouTube as they were given early access, and it pretty much exactly follows the pattern for the last couple of updates - new career, new building with areas to unlock after grinding for resources.
The hospital looks cool, and it looked like it was in a different area on the town map, but yikes, yet another profession that I will not be tackling with any urgency. Since these career updates, I only check into my game every few weeks, whereas before I used to play everyday.

HanaV47
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen
Posts: 140
Joined: 27 Jun 2016, 05:31
Location: Tokyo

Re: September update hint

Post by HanaV47 » 05 Sep 2016, 15:05

I still play every day and send my Sims to work, but I just don't have the dedication to earn the badges so leveling up in the specializations has been mostly abandoned / left to luck.
GC: HanaV47
LVL 54
Halloween 2017 Update

JaneRoettinger
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler
Posts: 44
Joined: 06 Jan 2015, 08:32
Contact:

Re: September update hint

Post by JaneRoettinger » 05 Sep 2016, 18:16

silvertongue wrote:The hospital looks cool, and it looked like it was in a different area on the town map
Make2 have a video on YouTube about that too. There is a discovery quest to unlock new downtown area that can be reached via train station near restaurant. But no lots for building houses there :( Only hospital and unclickable buildings

User avatar
SimCitySue
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen
Posts: 143
Joined: 14 Dec 2015, 20:12

Re: September update hint

Post by SimCitySue » 05 Sep 2016, 19:38

JaneRoettinger wrote:
Make2 have a video on YouTube about that too. There is a discovery quest to unlock new downtown area that can be reached via train station near restaurant. But no lots for building houses there :( Only hospital and unclickable buildings
I wish the police station was downtown instead of right on the beach by Deersprigngs park. Also, it would be cool to have apartments downtown.

User avatar
mockingbird288z
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5254
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 04:51
Location: Florida; UTC -4:00
Contact:

Re: September update hint

Post by mockingbird288z » 05 Sep 2016, 23:25

SimCitySue wrote:
JaneRoettinger wrote:
Make2 have a video on YouTube about that too. There is a discovery quest to unlock new downtown area that can be reached via train station near restaurant. But no lots for building houses there :( Only hospital and unclickable buildings
I wish the police station was downtown instead of right on the beach by Deersprigngs park. Also, it would be cool to have apartments downtown.
Yes!! They should have added the downtown area with the police station and then added the hospital to it later. The police station next to the campgrounds makes absolutely no sense.
Facebook: Leah Taylor
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
2017 Holiday Update

Lenny
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Posts: 356
Joined: 23 Sep 2013, 14:10

Re: September update hint

Post by Lenny » 06 Sep 2016, 11:28

JaneRoettinger wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:I don't think all of the careers will be turned into professions
I agree. I think they won't change anything about real estate agent career because it is already linked with architect feature.

I doubt they turn into professions such careers as artist, firefighter, politician, scientist or athlete because I can't imagine two specializations in these careers like performer/director or metro police/special agent. However they can invent something new in this case later.

They could do update about school changing not only professions for adults (teachers) but also including new activities for teens and preteens (students). But it would require a lot of work. The easiest thing for them would be to turn musician into new profession. It's the same pattern they used in movie update (composer/performer).
Athlete could be athlete/coach or two different Kind of athletes (maybe rugby/soccer/football for one and track and fields for the other) with various parts of the stadium to unlock (That's the only one of the existing career venues I really would like to see in detail but only if more then two sims could enter the stadium, so that we can get a cheering crowd). Artist could by painting/scuplture or artist/galery owner. Scientist could be to different Kind of sciences maybe biology and chemistry of physics or astronomy...
Facebook: Nevasa Simm (please PM me on this board, if you want me to add you as a friend)
Hounted House: 1 Diver's Way
Rendeer Farm + burning fire: 3 Firehouse Road (55 rendeers)
Version: Downtown Holiday Update

User avatar
Chezza
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen
Posts: 107
Joined: 05 Oct 2013, 18:10

Re: September update hint

Post by Chezza » 06 Sep 2016, 17:49

:) The update is available in the App Store.....updating now!! :D

Post Reply