2016 Halloween Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
nndnn
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Re: 2016 Halloween Update - Changes

Post by nndnn »

alsie27 wrote:Does anyone have a first generation iPad Mini and notice any bad lagging or other problems on it? I didn't see anyone mention that, so I wonder whether there are people out there for whom things are working fine.

I'm kind of afraid to update now, in case it wouldn't work well on this "older device"... (Yeah, I've had this iPad for only two years but I feel that it is no longer considered to be up-to-date, since Apple stopped providing iOS updates for it. I'm now on 9.3.5, iOS 10 will not be made available.)

I hope I'm not too late to reply, but I just wanted to let you know that I have a first generation iPad Mini and the build mode lags really badly. The game also freezes when I go to the basement in build mode. I also cannot visit neighbors without the game crashing and shutting down. I haven't been able to earn any SPs.

I know what you mean about updating devices. My iPad Mini seems new to me but it's already being phased out.
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

nndnn wrote:I also cannot visit neighbors without the game crashing and shutting down. I haven't been able to earn any SPs.
Try going to you neighbours without Sims collecting candies in your town.
Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Rosie »

JakeSim wrote:
nndnn wrote:I also cannot visit neighbors without the game crashing and shutting down. I haven't been able to earn any SPs.
I gave up on the Halloween quest last night since I was only halfway through it. I'm not collecting any candy, but I'm getting kicked out of the game everytime I try and visit my neighbors for SP. This is annoying. It's been happening the past few days on & off.
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

Rosie wrote:
JakeSim wrote:
I gave up on the Halloween quest last night since I was only halfway through it. I'm not collecting any candy, but I'm getting kicked out of the game everytime I try and visit my neighbors for SP. This is annoying. It's been happening the past few days on & off.
Today I noticed if you are in the part where the little purple monsters are in your houses, the game crashes in the neighbors town, but in any other task it doesn't.
Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Rosie »

JakeSim wrote:
Rosie wrote:
JakeSim wrote:
Today I noticed if you are in the part where the little purple monsters are in your houses, the game crashes in the neighbors town, but in any other task it doesn't.
Thank you! I wish they'd leave my houses. ;) They are making it so I can't have more than 5 Sims at one house.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

On iOS devices these dresses are not restored if you start over and tap the restore purchases button. They will on android devices.

Hopefully it's a glitch and isn't intentional and that FM will fix it.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

This bug that switched the inspiration and haunted icons on tablet layouts has finally been fixed!!
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
alsie27
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alsie27 »

nndnn wrote:
alsie27 wrote:Does anyone have a first generation iPad Mini and notice any bad lagging or other problems on it? I didn't see anyone mention that, so I wonder whether there are people out there for whom things are working fine.

I'm kind of afraid to update now, in case it wouldn't work well on this "older device"... (Yeah, I've had this iPad for only two years but I feel that it is no longer considered to be up-to-date, since Apple stopped providing iOS updates for it. I'm now on 9.3.5, iOS 10 will not be made available.)

I hope I'm not too late to reply, but I just wanted to let you know that I have a first generation iPad Mini and the build mode lags really badly. The game also freezes when I go to the basement in build mode. I also cannot visit neighbors without the game crashing and shutting down. I haven't been able to earn any SPs.

I know what you mean about updating devices. My iPad Mini seems new to me but it's already being phased out.
Thanks for the reply. I actually decided to take the plunge already last weekend, or whenever it was, and went ahead and updated - and I haven't noticed any bad problems. The build mode is maybe a bit slow, but I don't use it much. Visiting neighbors works fine for me, although I don't have the Halloween candy quest at all, if that affects it (presumably because I've done it last year). But it is very annoying if devices like these will no longer be well supported.
Lele03
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Lele03 »

My game is so slow since the update.Does anyone know how to fix it please help me.
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

Lele03 wrote:My game is so slow since the update.Does anyone know how to fix it please help me.
That's an issue withe this update, I guess FM will fix it...maybe in the Christmas update.