[MARKETPLACE] Movie Studio Special Event

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

[MARKETPLACE] Movie Studio Special Event

Post by JakeSim »

The event just started, the more buildings you have the more market points you win. I started with level 6 Sims. The tutorial itself explains everything.
glenkatko
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: [MARKETPLACE] Movie Studio Special Event

Post by glenkatko »

Speeding up a task in the marketplace requires SPs. To finish a 2 hour job at 1:59 requires 8 SPs! :o
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

Well, the marketplace looks like a ploy to get us to buy SPs with real money. You can only speed things up with SPs and you can only complete the task in the amount of time given if you use some SPs and it's a lot! Not one SP per hour it's 4 SPs to speed up 15 minutes--blah, what a rip off! At least you get 9 days to work on it, but gee, it looks impossible to get the grand prize without spending money. :evil:
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

Apparently the more sections of the business that are unlocked, the more slots you have to "ship" things. If you haven't unlocked all the areas, you can unlock more shipping crates for 50 SPs each. I have unlocked 3 levels in the movie studio so I have 3 crates to ship. It costs a new kind of coin to ship things (or large amounts of SPs). You get the new coins by helping a special sim dude within a certain time frame. You will have to set an alarm for yourself to get the tasks done in time or pay lots of SPs. As you can see by my tone, I'm not too impressed with this new feature. It might be worth the hassle if the prizes are good. The ones I got aren't too interesting, except the movie boom.
HFN at Starter house #22
Current Update
Lenny
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lenny »

mudgenie wrote:Apparently the more sections of the business that are unlocked, the more slots you have to "ship" things. If you haven't unlocked all the areas, you can unlock more shipping crates for 50 SPs each. I have unlocked 3 levels in the movie studio so I have 3 crates to ship. It costs a new kind of coin to ship things (or large amounts of SPs). You get the new coins by helping a special sim dude within a certain time frame. You will have to set an alarm for yourself to get the tasks done in time or pay lots of SPs. As you can see by my tone, I'm not too impressed with this new feature. It might be worth the hassle if the prizes are good. The ones I got aren't too interesting, except the movie boom.
No, it has nothing to do with how many areas you have built or to whcih Level you updates them. I have the studio fully built and I still get only 3 crates. The others you have to unlock for 50, 100 and 250 SP. I'm not thrilled with thiseEvent but I'm not surprised either. It's jsut another example of the way FM works, making us grind for another currency in the hope we spend real money on it. Since I have piled up on resources for me in the moment it's just remembering going there any half hour and trade them. Exept for the camera in the end, which I consider of not much use anyway, there is nothing new with the prices. I get the blood bath and the scifi stool, which I have. i'm not sure about the gray carpets though. And then you get monument ressources, hopefulle those at leats are rare ones.
Facebook: Nevasa Simm (please PM me on this board, if you want me to add you as a friend, I'm not using facebook Messenger on a regular basis)
Hounted House: 1 Diver's Way
HNF/Rendeer Farm: 3 Firehouse Road
Version: Christmas in London
glenkatko
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by glenkatko »

Both of my sims are level 10 in the movie studio. According to the info, my studio is 92.5% built, mainly because the upgrades take so long that I only manage to do 1 upgrade per day. I also only have 3 crates to ship, and I can unlock the 4th for 50 SPs. Apparently the higher levels only earn you more coins or xp or something.

My prize levels are the uBase dock stereo, 10 random monument resources, onion caramel wardrobe, 15 random monument resources, green circle rugs, and the movie boom camera. Not familiar with the green circle rugs, are those new or from a quest I missed? Nothing I really want, not even sure I care about the boom, I'd rather have some of the furniture from the movie studio.
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by mudgenie »

Lenny wrote:
No, it has nothing to do with how many areas you have built or to whcih Level you updates them. I have the studio fully built and I still get only 3 crates. The others you have to unlock for 50, 100 and 250 SP. I'm not thrilled with thiseEvent but I'm not surprised either. It's jsut another example of the way FM works, making us grind for another currency in the hope we spend real money on it. Since I have piled up on resources for me in the moment it's just remembering going there any half hour and trade them. Exept for the camera in the end, which I consider of not much use anyway, there is nothing new with the prices. I get the blood bath and the scifi stool, which I have. i'm not sure about the gray carpets though. And then you get monument ressources, hopefulle those at leats are rare ones.

That's interesting that there are only 3 crates no matter how far you are in the business. My prizes are a teddy bear lamp, a lime green side table and some ugly rugs. What I would really like is that black piano -which is now in an architect house-only wish that it wouldn't disappear when I put it in my inventory. :?
HFN at Starter house #22
Current Update
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by penlopej »

Explains why it now costs 20 LP social point flower. FM don't miss a trick do they.
JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by JKCher »

My prizes are pebkac pro computer, 10 monument resources, designer sofa, 15 monument resources and grey shag rugs.
Well at least the monument resources are nice except they'll probably end up being the super common ones which I have way too many of. It's a lot of work for little reward.
HanaV47
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by HanaV47 »

I guess it's a way to make use of the workplaces, since without this there's no reason to keep "going to work" once everything is upgraded.
GC: HanaV47
LVL 55
Pool Paradise Update