[MARKETPLACE] Movie Studio Special Event

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
ellasweet
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: [MARKETPLACE] Movie Studio Special Event

Post by ellasweet »

I had two couriers appearing every day except for today, when I was 28 hours away from the deadline, on 130,000 points and ended up having 2 green badges in the inventory. Courier would not show up! Glad to say that I did get the boom camera, BUT!!! I am lucky enough to be on holidays at the moment and because my movie studio was not upgraded at all, I have had to spend every spare second on this over the last week. I could not have completed it if I had work or uni this week, and my kids have pretty much been ignored since it started too! Completely unrealistic expectations to complete this task. I even had my daughter doing it for me on the way home when I did school pick up the other day - click that, no not that, click that, collect that, find that... glad we didn't crash!
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

I've given up on this one too, it's much too laborious and as I've not played the game all summer then I do not have anything built anyway so I am concentrating on getting everything completed and then I might do the marketplace events. I'm not too impressed with the prizes anyway, so it's not a big loss to me to be honest.
syeirahu
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by syeirahu »

I eked out a finish with 4 hours to go. Three shipping crates and movie studio at about 90%. I did use a few SPs to speed up a courier order once.

Got white squares rugs. They're basically the gold squares rugs reversed, but I like them!
GC: syeirahu (updated)
HFN: No.3 West Oceanside
HH: No.2 Diver's Way
Cat house: No.3 Firehouse Road
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

I can't believe what happened!!! Look...
IMG_20161030_011024.jpg
I had 120SP and was spending 10SP to speed the 30 minutes and collect the remaining points I needed, with the last 10 SP and a few minutes for the event to be over, this happened:
_20161030_011112.JPG
I couldn't take a screenshot when I achieved the 144k points cause I was scared to run out of time. It's 2 a.m. and I was decided to make sure all the time I spended in this event was worth it until the last minute... I think I'm crazy doing this for a game lol. I was definitely very lucky. Now I really hope the box I unlocked stay that way for the next events.
alsie27
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alsie27 »

Congrats JakeSim! :D

Another frustrating event for me. I only got about halfway through with collecting enough points for the camera, didn't even get as far as the second set of monument resources which would have been nice (it's been ages since I was able to upgrade any of the monuments, it's ridiculous how slowly some of these resources accumulate too). There were about three days during the event when I played A LOT and some days when I didn't have much time to play at all, but if I had to spend all of the 10 days (or however long it was) playing as much as I did yesterday to complete it... seriously, no way. The prizes weren't that great, but the camera would have been nice and the sense of accomplishment. :D I don't really care about the rugs.

I don't think I ever had the courier show up twice a day, usually he would frustratingly enough show up toward the end of a Sim's shift or late in the evening so I ended up spending lots of SP to finish these things, and it wasn't even all that useful.
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

alsie27 wrote:Congrats JakeSim! :D

Another frustrating event for me. I only got about halfway through with collecting enough points for the camera, didn't even get as far as the second set of monument resources which would have been nice (it's been ages since I was able to upgrade any of the monuments, it's ridiculous how slowly some of these resources accumulate too). There were about three days during the event when I played A LOT and some days when I didn't have much time to play at all, but if I had to spend all of the 10 days (or however long it was) playing as much as I did yesterday to complete it... seriously, no way. The prizes weren't that great, but the camera would have been nice and the sense of accomplishment. :D I don't really care about the rugs.

I don't think I ever had the courier show up twice a day, usually he would frustratingly enough show up toward the end of a Sim's shift or late in the evening so I ended up spending lots of SP to finish these things, and it wasn't even all that useful.
Thank you.I'm glad is over, I played a lot. The rugs and camera are nice, now I think they probably give another chance to win the camera in another event in the future.
amberkat
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by amberkat »

I got the first three rewards. Didn't really try and just made 55,000 points. The courier did show up at VERY inconvenient times. Not sure how to get ready for the next two marketplace events.
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

amberkat wrote:I got the first three rewards. Didn't really try and just made 55,000 points. The courier did show up at VERY inconvenient times. Not sure how to get ready for the next two marketplace events.
The best you can do is to complete all the levels of the buildings, at least in the police station for now. That's going to increase the points you earn per box and the courier too that diminishes the time you need to complete the event.
Pellaz
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Pellaz »

So, as I study abroad, I could only play for limited time. Luckily, I went home for this weekend, so I pretty much abandoned sleep and spent the three past days to finish this stupid event, and used all my SPs and over 300 LPs on this... Crazy, I know. I was just so pissed that I have spent the initial 50 SPs to open another box slot that I stubornly told myself that I will finish this no matter what, just out of rage. It was not worth it, of course, and I wont do another marketplace event unless the prizes are something I really want. Not another useless camera. I hated this event even more than the life and legacies quest, tbh.

Im scared to even think about my phone bill...
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

Missed this event as I was out on vacation for almost 2 weeks. Oh well, I suppose it will come back again in the future.
Am still way behind on the movie & hospital workplace.