[MARKETPLACE] Movie Studio Special Event

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
+.jana.+
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: [MARKETPLACE] Movie Studio Special Event

Post by +.jana.+ »

Regarding rugs - I got the Blue Circles rugs, and I've been trying very hard to tell the difference between them and the Navy. But... there's none :lol:

I tried to upload a screenshot but for some reason, the forum won't let me upload anything from an iOS device (iPhone, iPad) lately. I always get an error message - "Image file type mismatch: expected extension jpg but extension png given." Of course when saving a picture on an iOS device you are never asked about the file type/extension nor are able to change it, so I'm not sure how to resolve this. Has anyone seen the same problem? How did you fix it?
👉 GC ID: +.jana.+ (mention Sims in requests)
🏡 House for neighbors: Left bottom corner of town - house with fireworks
👻 Haunted house: Mystery island, at Riches of Terra monument
💰 Monuments bonus: 410XP/$465 +102% chance; Goddess fully upgraded
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

+.jana.+ wrote:[...]

I tried to upload a screenshot but for some reason, the forum won't let me upload anything from an iOS device (iPhone, iPad) lately. I always get an error message - "Image file type mismatch: expected extension jpg but extension png given." Of course when saving a picture on an iOS device you are never asked about the file type/extension nor are able to change it, so I'm not sure how to resolve this. Has anyone seen the same problem? How did you fix it?
This happens on iOS 10 with edited screenshots. It seems, the onboard editor doesn't save them properly, so the forum doesn't recognize the png-format.
If you convert your screenshots to jpeg there won't be a problem (up to 2 MB). I'm using another editor to convert screenshots to jpeg. The ingame camera saves jpeg right away.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
TBD-36
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by TBD-36 »

I got that problem too! I just took a screenshot of my zoomed-in screenshot, instead of editing it.
AstralMoon
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by AstralMoon »

My prizes:
1st - Japanese Oven
2nd - 10 Random Monument Resources
3rd - Floral Breeze
4th - 15 Random Monument Resources
5th - Navy Line Rugs

I so far only able to get 3rd prizes.. long way to go..
nikigunn
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by nikigunn »

I just got the Mocha Shag Rugs. I do tend to prefer the plain ones. Not a huge fan of brown, though.
Mocha Shag Rugs
Mocha Shag Rugs
HFN -- 2 Museum Blvd (4 story), 22 West Side (1 story)
HH -- 10 West Side
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

+.jana.+ wrote:Regarding rugs - I got the Blue Circles rugs, and I've been trying very hard to tell the difference between them and the Navy. But... there's none :lol:
From the thumbnail pictures (where they show the prize, in the marketplace event screen) I've seen of the Blue Circles rugs they are supposed to be mostly blue with white circles instead of mostly white with blue circles. Guess FM has made another mistake with the file names. Hopefully they will fix this like they did with the warm geo rug/ tris triangles rug.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

I'm giving up. This event has been so frustrating for me. I only have 76K points of the 144K I need with only one day left to go. Only 3 couriers showed up the entire time. With a full time job and not being allowed to access my phone at work, I can't get in my game often enough to make a difference. I'm just going to focus on getting ready for the next event, if I even bother with it at all. :?
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

SIMazing wrote:I'm giving up. This event has been so frustrating for me. I only have 76K points of the 144K I need with only one day left to go. Only 3 couriers showed up the entire time. With a full time job and not being allowed to access my phone at work, I can't get in my game often enough to make a difference. I'm just going to focus on getting ready for the next event, if I even bother with it at all. :?
I have been playing a lot since I didn't have the movie studio started until this event came up. I'm definitely going to have to spend a lot of SP to complete it, I can't wait to finish to have a rest from this event, now I'm making sure the police station and hospital are upgraded for the next events.
sevenofnine
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by sevenofnine »

I have been playing everyday since this started and the courier only turned up on the tutorial. I will not be bothering with the next marketplace event.
:(
JakeSim
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by JakeSim »

sevenofnine wrote:I have been playing everyday since this started and the courier only turned up on the tutorial. I will not be bothering with the next marketplace event.
:(
That's strange, mine appeared once or twice a day.