Halloween Update - Marketplace Events

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mockingbird288z

Re: Halloween Update - Marketplace Events

Post by mockingbird288z »

A Police Station Special event is coming soon!
image.png
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
SimMutt
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SimMutt »

I was really hoping the squad car would be available as a prize! It's too good to just sit there in the carpark. :D

(I wonder what they'll offer us from the hospital? Nothing leaps out as useable in our sims' homes. A basic medical kit would make sense in terms of real life but it's obviously not a feature at the hospital. Hope it's not just the treadmill...)
Huaca Flora
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Huaca Flora »

I am doing a marketplace event for the first time now. I took me a day or two to understand how it all works with the professions and the marketplace (I think I do fully understand it now :P ). I really hope that the events will be repeated, since I missed the first two (?) opportunities.
Halloween Update

HFN: Bliss Drive 1 | Hotel Transymvania: Terra Drive 1 (haunted) | Home for the Elderly: Diver's Way 1 | Spa @ Home: West Side 20 | Sim Thermae: East Oceanside 2
Level: 55
Time zone: GMT+1
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

I didn't know we had 2 marketplace events. I know about the movie studio for the boom camera. What is the other one that you missed before the police station?
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

SimMutt wrote:I was really hoping the squad car would be available as a prize! It's too good to just sit there in the carpark. :D

(I wonder what they'll offer us from the hospital? Nothing leaps out as useable in our sims' homes. A basic medical kit would make sense in terms of real life but it's obviously not a feature at the hospital. Hope it's not just the treadmill...)
It's a prize and can be purchased from the dealership with the first one being free.
mockingbird288z

Butterfly wrote:I didn't know we had 2 marketplace events. I know about the movie studio for the boom camera. What is the other one that you missed before the police station?
It was open in all workplaces and the grand prize was random. Read the first 4 pages of this topic for more info. :)
mockingbird288z

Butterfly wrote:
SimMutt wrote:I was really hoping the squad car would be available as a prize! It's too good to just sit there in the carpark. :D

It's a prize and can be purchased from the dealership with the first one being free.
SimMutt knows this, they were posting in response to the pic I posted showing that the cop car would be the prize for the current marketplace event. :)
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Butterfly wrote:

Yes, first one free. Haven't "bought" mine yet as all my sims already have cars. Anyone know cost after first free one placed with a sim? Also, is there any way to get rid of a car you already have? All I could figure is if you have a lot you are planning to demolish and it has no car already, put it there. That method would be sooo costlt.
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by penlopej »

Just wondering if it's like buying horses. I remember wanting to get the unicorn when I already had 6 horses and I was offered the option to replace one with the unicorn. It's along time ago so I might be wrong. Try buying and see what happens.
+.jana.+
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by +.jana.+ »

2nd police car costs simoleons (250 000 I think, sorry I can't check right now).

If you want you can assign the car to a sim who already has one, the old car is replaced by the new one.

You can also move an unwanted car to another sim's house.
👉 GC ID: +.jana.+ (mention Sims in requests)
🏡 House for neighbors: Left bottom corner of town - house with fireworks
👻 Haunted house: Mystery island, at Riches of Terra monument
💰 Monuments bonus: 410XP/$465 +102% chance; Goddess fully upgraded