Halloween Update - Marketplace Events

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Ryuzakiryuuga
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Halloween Update - Marketplace Events

Post by Ryuzakiryuuga »

Will we ever get a chance to win it on other event?

This is so sad :(
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

My grand prize is the volleyball set which I already have. I did not back up for almost 20 hours as I was expecting this event to start on Nov 5, so I decided to proceed with it. This is my 1st sim market event as I missed the Boom Camera event. The Irony is that my 2nd device showed up the Romantic sleepwear event which I wanted. But since I have already made some progress in the Volleyball set event, I overwrite the more current Volleyball event over the Romantic sleepwear event.
1) I have read through the SimTown Movie Event & even watched a youtube tutorial, until now I still have the foggiest idea of how to acquire the Green&Gold Coin, termed as Market Token? I am still 0/3. So I presume that is for the Market Token Count?
2) I have about 40K points by now & opted to purchase the 4th Market Slot by paying 50 SPs. From what i have read so far, there seem to be little advantage of paying for the 35SP?
SimMutt
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SimMutt »

I'm a bit :( about my prize too. Got the time extension thing, which I need so much I have eight of them that I've never used.

Oh well, the rugs at least are new. I hope the prizes will cycle round in later events so we have a chance at the new stuff.
SimMutt
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SimMutt »

playsims wrote:My grand prize is the volleyball set which I already have. I did not back up for almost 20 hours as I was expecting this event to start on Nov 5, so I decided to proceed with it. This is my 1st sim market event as I missed the Boom Camera event. The Irony is that my 2nd device showed up the Romantic sleepwear event which I wanted. But since I have already made some progress in the Volleyball set event, I overwrite the more current Volleyball event over the Romantic sleepwear event.
1) I have read through the SimTown Movie Event & even watched a youtube tutorial, until now I still have the foggiest idea of how to acquire the Green&Gold Coin, termed as Market Token? I am still 0/3. So I presume that is for the Market Token Count?
2) I have about 40K points by now & opted to purchase the 4th Market Slot by paying 50 SPs. From what i have read so far, there seem to be little advantage of paying for the 35SP?
Listen out for the delivery guy's whistle when you're at your workplace. You then have 4 hrs to complete his four tasks (2 mins, 20 mins, an hour and twenty mins, and finally two hours). Completing those earns you the coin so you can unlock the big points box.

You can store three of those coins and if you've got sims working at all three places, you can see the delivery guy at all three at once
Wolfsimmer
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Do you get to keep them?

Post by Wolfsimmer »

Hey! So I am wondering if I unlock a market slot will it stay unlocked forever till the next market event or only for the current one?

Also do I get to keep the Gem Deposit as decoration after the Day Spa event or nah?
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Do you get to keep them?

Post by copperwood »

Yes and yes. Forever is a long time, but people who unlocked an extra box for the previous market event, still had that extra slot for the current one.

You get to keep the gem deposit, but it will change color slightly.
grumpler66
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by grumpler66 »

I got Blue Circle Rags as a price. They look almost the same as the Navy Circle Rags I had already.

A Time Extension was the big price. I have not used a single one of my VIP extensions till now. So kind of a huge letdown. But maybe I am more lucky next time.
ellasweet
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by ellasweet »

I just noticed today when I started my game up that it said "a new marketplace event has started with a prize that you missed out on" despite the fact that my main prize is something I already have unlocked/won. Why are people who already have all of the prizes not being given the romantic sleepwear (the one thing no one has) straight away?
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

grumpler66 wrote:I got Blue Circle Rags as a price. They look almost the same as the Navy Circle Rags I had already.

A Time Extension was the big price. I have not used a single one of my VIP extensions till now. So kind of a huge letdown. But maybe I am more lucky next time.
The rugs are the same but they aren't supposed to be, I don't think. I think the circles in the Blue Circle rugs should be white with the rest of the rug blue instead of blue circles on a white rug. I think they will fix it once it is brought to their attention, which can take awhile.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
syeirahu
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by syeirahu »

ellasweet wrote:
HanaV47 wrote: I don't think it would make much sense
It is EA :D

I just stopped in to give you all a bit of a warning.

My Sim was at the police station working on the 2 hour long courier task when his shift ended. He just up and left, and the 2 hour task got reset, meaning I now have to do the 2 hour task and the 20 minute task, with only 1:28 left on the timer. Not impressed.

I don't know if this is a bug or it was meant to work like this, but just keep an eye on your couriers and the hours of work your sims have left.
I assumed it's meant to work that way. It's screwed me over a number of times already, ha.
GC: syeirahu (updated)
HFN: No.3 West Oceanside
HH: No.2 Diver's Way
Cat house: No.3 Firehouse Road