[EVENT] Country Homestead (Woodworking)

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mockingbird288z

Re: [EVENT] Country Homestead (Woodworking)

Post by mockingbird288z »

penlopej wrote:
ErinPW wrote: In my game they weren't available at the homestore after completing the event, but when I opened the game this morning.
There are also three diffent stools in the featured tab of the home store right behind the range hoods and at the beginning of the living room tab.
Yes, I saw this this morning and was pleased that I hadn't wasted money on incomplete furniture sets. Bit of a strange way for FM to go about it. Now I just need to get the time to use them.
Well, I don't think it was intentional on FM's part. :roll:
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
SimAddict
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by SimAddict »

mockingbird288z wrote:
SimAddict wrote:Has anyone else noticed that the black doors are a slightly lighter shade of black than the black windows and the white doors are a brighter shade of white than the white windows? It's driving my OCD crazy.
I didn't notice but I went to go look at them after I saw your post. For me it looks like the white doors are brighter than the white windows on the outside of the house. When looking from inside a room they are the same color. I couldn't really tell a difference with the black doors and windows.
I looked again this morning and it must differ by device. The white doors are shockingly white regardless of whether I look at them inside our outside. The black doors only look different from the outside and it's barely visible.

Here are some photos of how they look in my game.
Attachments
IMG_3858.JPG
IMG_3857.JPG
IMG_3856.JPG
IMG_3855.JPG
Game Center ID: •|•Jenna•|•
Facebook/JennaSimsFreeplay
HFN: 22 West Side
Haunted House: 3 East Side
Magic House: 11 West Side
mockingbird288z

SimAddict wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote:
SimAddict wrote:Has anyone else noticed that the black doors are a slightly lighter shade of black than the black windows and the white doors are a brighter shade of white than the white windows? It's driving my OCD crazy.
I didn't notice but I went to go look at them after I saw your post. For me it looks like the white doors are brighter than the white windows on the outside of the house. When looking from inside a room they are the same color. I couldn't really tell a difference with the black doors and windows.
I looked again this morning and it must differ by device. The white doors are shockingly white regardless of whether I look at them inside our outside. The black doors only look different from the outside and it's barely visible.

Here are some photos of how they look in my game.
I don't think it differs by device but by time of day. I was checking on a lot that had a weather machine set to day all the time but when I put it to night I saw the most change in color. I think the windows and doors were not coded right to reflect the light settings.

Here are the windows with the day light setting. From the inside looking out they all look fine. From the outside of the house the windows are darker - they look how they would if it were night.
image.jpeg
At night you can really see the difference. The doors look they would during the day while the windows change to what they should look like at night. This happens both inside and outside a room.
image.jpeg
At night with a light on in a room the windows and doors look like they should.
image.jpeg
Edit:
Okay, I think there are three light settings. Day, night, and with a light.

So all the doors right now are coded to look like there is alway a light on. Even the outside of the doors which is why they look so shockingly bright.

Looking at the doors and windows from build mode shows what's happening.
image.jpeg
You can see the difference between the outside and inside of the window better if you go to the back of the house where the shadow from the house is.
image.jpeg
The outside of the door should look like the outside of the window instead of like the inside of the door. But it doesn't which makes the door look even brighter at night. (Or inside a house without a light on.)
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

You'd think that for the amount of money FM is getting from the players these days that they could afford to pay their coders enough to deliver matching sets that actually match! :roll:

And on the same note, I have a couple of houses that have items that cause these weird flickering blurs in walls and other objects near them. But even more annoying but often hilarious are the bugs/glitches that make Sims do weird things like sit on invisible chairs or getting stuck in stuff.

Down with sloppy coding! ;) :D
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
SimAddict
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by SimAddict »

mockingbird288z wrote: I don't think it differs by device but by time of day. I was checking on a lot that had a weather machine set to day all the time but when I put it to night I saw the most change in color. I think the windows and doors were not coded right to reflect the light settings....

Edit:

So all the doors right now are coded to look like there is alway a light on. Even the outside of the doors which is why they look so shockingly bright.
Great detective work!
indiekicks
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by indiekicks »

mockingbird288z wrote:
indiekicks wrote:
SimCitySue wrote:Just a heads up, the counters are expensive. The Homestead White counters are 10,500 (on sale, regularly 15,000 so it says) and the Homestead Sink Light is 14,175 (20,250). These are the counters from the fourth pack. The doors and windows have been reasonably priced. Not looking forward to seeing the prices of the next packs though.
Yeah, it's ridiculous. I'm not hurting for simeoleons - don't talk to me about LP though :lol: - but geez! I shudder to think about what the islands in the last set will cost. :shock:
The islands will cost §37,500 (§26,250 during the sale). But the sinks are not useable at the moment. :(
Ouch! :o
mockingbird288z

SimAddict wrote:
mockingbird288z wrote: I don't think it differs by device but by time of day. I was checking on a lot that had a weather machine set to day all the time but when I put it to night I saw the most change in color. I think the windows and doors were not coded right to reflect the light settings....

Edit:

Great detective work!
Haha, thanks! :D
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

Didn't even know this was happening I guess I better check it out before it's over... assuming it's still going. Thanks!
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll:
SimAddict
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by SimAddict »

zuska wrote:And for 10€ you can get some chairs and tables
Where exactly do you get this new furniture? I don't see it anywhere. Was it only available the first day?
indiekicks
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by indiekicks »

Finished the event this morning (well, technically yesterday morning since it's past midnight). Feels nice to actually finish an event for once, would happen more often if greedy FM would stop rigging the game against us! :roll: